Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pillion grab strap?

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries

Pillion grab strap?

Has anyone seen this setup in NZ?. Not sure I would want a pillion using one. `If she needs to reach around and grab something to grip, I'm sure I could find something better

Here's the article. http://www.motorcycle.com/features/p...nsibility.html
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    One of the race teams (Trashie would have more details I think) used to have a 2 up bike for taking out sponsors, and it had a handle by the gas cap.

Other option is straps you put around you with a handle on either side. Quasimoto used to sell them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    CB1300
    If they can reach around me they won't be pillioning with me. Just because that would put is over max recommended laden weight.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Looks like it would tear your family jewels off in an accident
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

Other option is straps you put around you with a handle on either side. Quasimoto used to sell them...
    I have seen those who use them, still wearing them while off their bike walking around.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    Has anyone seen this setup in NZ?. Not sure I would want a pillion using one. `If she needs to reach around and grab something to grip, I'm sure I could find something better

[IMG]
    Here's the article. http://www.motorcycle.com/features/p...nsibility.html
    it's on a fucken honda, that should be a man behind the other man.

also, sitting way too far back.
    Last edited by Akzle; 13th November 2014 at 14:29. Reason: split seat. i'll shaddup.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    One of the race teams (Trashie would have more details I think) used to have a 2 up bike for taking out sponsors, and it had a handle by the gas cap.

They're made by Oxford.. we called them 'love handles' years ago.....
    I still have 2 sets, and they are actually quite effective especially on sprotties with the 'suicide perch' at the back.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Screw having pillion on sportsbikes, its only there for emergencies. Nothing wrong with hands on hips.
    Either way they will still headbutt the back of your new helmet no matter how smoothly you brake....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Juniper and Brian have this set up on Brian's bike (can't remember Brian's moniker for here). Works well for them.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    I have a set (called love handles) from Cycletreads or some shop..

Use them for the kids, because its easier for them to hold on.. My daughter decided when she was about 6 she didnt need them any more. My Son who is 3, will start using them soon.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    SV1000S
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Juniper and Brian have this set up on Brian's bike (can't remember Brian's moniker for here). Works well for them.
    GravelRashKid. Yes it works very well for them, he consistently scrapes pegs in the corners when riding with a pillion.
    Cras ingens iterabimus aequor.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Anne puts her hands inside my jacket pockets (when in pillion mode) no real need for add-on contraptions unless you have a child (or someone) on the back that has little idea of how to pillion.

Bike
    Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Screw having pillion on sportsbikes, its only there for emergencies. Nothing wrong with hands on hips.
    Either way they will still headbutt the back of your new helmet no matter how smoothly you brake....
    I dunno about you but I love having a nice moist vag by my ass while I'm riding hard.

Bike
    2008, Honda CBR600RR
    Blog Entries
    We use it rather well. It's great for when you don't want to put unnecessary weight or pressure on the rider while in the corners, for more sedate riding or on the straights and commuting they can just use the bitch bar.

It allows the pillion to let rider move more freely in the seat. My only gripe with it is that the grips are horizontal and the natural resting direction of the pillions hands is usually vertical.
    What's the point in living if you don't feel alive?

Toying with ones mortality shouldn't be this much fun.

Thread Information