Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Toy in the Garage

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Veeeery nice, great score!!!
    Had been looking for a while and not having a bike for a few months I had a short list and one of these was on it, so once I'd seen it in the flesh it was a must have
    Regretted moving the ZXR so needed another Kwaka in the shed

Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Nice ride! But the last line made me crack up...must have sold the bike thinking it's just too dodgy for him?
    A Church pew would've given a more compliant ride....front end preload was fully wound in, rebound & compression damping were the same. The rear was basically the same

Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Looks great mate! Top score.
    Intention is to keep it as such, but there's plenty of room for improvement and a bit tinkering

Bike
    '15 Yamaha MT-07
    Shes a beauty! My teenhood dream bike (this model and the facelift). Always preferred her over the hayabusa. Too bad she was discontinued. Would love to ride one some day.. Anyway congrats and enjoy!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by avimistry View Post
    Shes a beauty! My teenhood dream bike (this model and the facelift). Always preferred her over the hayabusa. Too bad she was discontinued. Would love to ride one some day.. Anyway congrats and enjoy!

I'd always liked the look of them since their release, and had worked on a couple in the past so they were firmly on the one day list....have had an Electric Blue B series as a screen saver for a long time so the temptation was always there.
    Ditto about the Busa, a mate had a black K5 & it just didn't do it for me....as fantastic as the whole package is, the shape turns me off.

There's more fun to be had punting a middleweight around the tight stuff Just being able to shorten up long straights at the twist of the wrist is a handy option where I live and everything's well warmed up by the time I get to the local playgrounds

Bike
    Exercycle
    [QUOTE=T.W.R;

There's more fun to be had punting a middleweight around the tight stuff Just being able to shorten up long straights at the twist of the wrist is a handy option where I live and everything's well warmed up by the time I get to the local playgrounds[/QUOTE]

Have you already been through here shortening up distances ? Something big and very fast went through the other evening...

Invite's still open to drop in.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Have you already been through here shortening up distances ? Something big and very fast went through the other evening...

Invite's still open to drop in.
    G'day mate, nah wasn't me.....haven't ventured up your neck of the woods for long time, think the last trip would've been retrieving my rifles from the Darfield copshop after being screwed over by the witch down the road

I'll make a point of getting up sometime but I'll give you a holla 1st

Bike
    '15 Yamaha MT-07
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    I'd always liked the look of them since their release, and had worked on a couple in the past so they were firmly on the one day list....have had an Electric Blue B series as a screen saver for a long time so the temptation was always there.
    Ditto about the Busa, a mate had a black K5 & it just didn't do it for me....as fantastic as the whole package is, the shape turns me off.

There's more fun to be had punting a middleweight around the tight stuff Just being able to shorten up long straights at the twist of the wrist is a handy option where I live and everything's well warmed up by the time I get to the local playgrounds
    In Blue!! Now I really want one..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	021602top.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	305373

And looking at that everyday.. I can see how you were tempted. She's a stunner from any angle.

I know what you mean bout the busa. Though I've never ridden one I have been in the saddle and you just feel like you and the bike are one. But those looks..

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Very nice addition to the family. Understand the need for a bike, that's how I ended up with my current bike. Wife was none to happy.

Well it wont be spending much time there anyhow

But after a few months of having nothing sitting where past mounts have lived, and weighing up what I wanted next, I blew a few pennies on a new ride

2000 ZX-12R A

So far seems to go as good as it should, just got to dial in the suspension as whoever had it previously knew sweet F/a and had everything wound up to max front & rear
    Last edited by Gremlin; 16th November 2014 at 19:27. Reason: Quoted Embedded Media Removed

Bike
    CB1300
    Always wanted one of these. Never could afford one that was not visibly thrashed to within an inch of its life.
    Funny, i have only owned one Kawasaki out of 8 bikes. Three were Suzukis. Yet I still consider myself a Kawasaki man.
    If I ever get around to another hyper tourer one of these will be up for consideration still. Even compared with the current crop they just look and feel more the part.

I think the ZX14, I especially like then concourse, is a work of art but lacks thé personality of the 12.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by avimistry View Post
    In Blue!! Now I really want one..

That's an interesting one....A series with the B series front cowl

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    Very nice addition to the family. Understand the need for a bike, that's how I ended up with my current bike. Wife was none to happy.
    Was the 2nd longest stint without a bike, though voluntary it was pretty hard; The last one had some bad karma with it, so it was the best for me & the bike.
    Last edited by Gremlin; 16th November 2014 at 19:28. Reason: Quoted Embedded Media Removed

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I think the ZX14, I especially like then concourse, is a work of art but lacks thé personality of the 12.

GRRR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drags 001.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	726.9 KB 
ID:	305415  
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2014 ZX14R Se

Facts

It'll cost ya

That's what I thought when I saw it in the flesh

Definitely will, and I know I wont get bored with it quickly.....it'll have my respect for quite a few kms

Think it'd be parked up since the quakes and the previous owner did stuff-all kms per year anyhow......apparently he took nearly 3mths to clock-up 850kms on the brand new ZX-14 he traded this in on
    i brought that bike 4 years ago from Kaitaia from tm for a cheap price, also had a Aprilia RSVR at the same time!. it did sit for a year on its side stand roped to a wall which stuffed the front fork springs,would bottom out over hard braking bumbs,only wound the rebound up and compression 5 clicks! ,never touched the back shock as you will see if you take a look . also when i fired it back up the speedo sensor didnt work didnt throw a f1 light as only a 16bit ecu so just rode it a few times like that .pissed me off so got brand new 14r .not 850 km try 2300 KM on it So there we have it Facts!!!!!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Always wanted one of these. Never could afford one that was not visibly thrashed to within an inch of its life.
    Funny, i have only owned one Kawasaki out of 8 bikes. Three were Suzukis. Yet I still consider myself a Kawasaki man.
    If I ever get around to another hyper tourer one of these will be up for consideration still. Even compared with the current crop they just look and feel more the part.

I think the ZX14, I especially like then concourse, is a work of art but lacks th� personality of the 12.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.
    Yeah similar story.... brought a ZXR 10 or so years ago did 60thou+ kms on it...just felt so attached to it when out on the road and eyed up a few ZZR11s that I missed due to one reason or another and vowed to get hold of a good Kwaka somewhere along the line. As a hairy arsed teen hoon always loved the GPZ1100....(managed to get hold of 750 a few years ago) but got bitten by the K-bug after having a 30km blast on Z1300 when I was 18.
    Admired the 12R from the 1st time I saw one, worked on & rode a XZ-14 before managing to sling my leg over a 12R, but the 12 has a bit more rawness to it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie666 View Post
    i brought that bike 4 years ago from Kaitaia from tm for a cheap price, also had a Aprilia RSVR at the same time!. it did sit for a year on its side stand roped to a wall which stuffed the front fork springs,would bottom out over hard braking bumbs,only wound the rebound up and compression 5 clicks! ,never touched the back shock as you will see if you take a look . also when i fired it back up the speedo sensor didnt work didnt throw a f1 light as only a 16bit ecu so just rode it a few times like that .pissed me off so got brand new 14r .not 850 km try 2300 KM on it So there we have it Facts!!!!!!
    Funny coz I'd trust someone who I've known 30+ yrs and a shop I've dealt with for longer over a few lines placed on the interweb
    IFairies must have played with the suspension then or you're a ham fisted chump if what the suspension was like is your version of a few clicks
    Should've taken a couple of pics of the way it was.... you don't deserve to be near a bike if that's your idea adjusting the suspension
    OOOh it's a cock with some disposable income......buying brand new doesn't make you a motorcyclist

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    GRRR
    This is the one I used to look after

Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Agree that the 'Busa is pretty damn ugly too but, ...mine seems to get along ok, it does the job .. :-)
    It's the front end that does the damage to the looks, this was my mates one... sort of caught it at it's worst angle

Bike
    2000 Honda CB600f Hornet
    Nice find, theese are a nice bike from my experiences with them, always liked the big Kwaka's.

One thing of note, previously in the UK i worked on alot of theese and the only thing they seemed prone for was tightening valve clearances. We were doing them every 8,000miles and you could almost guarantee all the exhausts would need shimming. And the frame design makes it a fiddly bugger of a job to re shim them.

Regular oil changes and making sure they were warmed up propperly before rinding them were the only things we found that helped stem the clearance tightening process.

Otherwise they were a real pleasure and no other common faults i came across. Im sure you will enjoy every minute on her.

Thread Information