Thread: Re-Registering a bike - Christchurch

Bike
    Virtual 250

Post Re-Registering a bike - Christchurch

Gidday,

I have an R6 which was deregistered a few years back because I was a numpty and did not put it on hold. Anyway, after a brief read on ltnz, it seems to say there are 'agents' which can do the whole re-register thing.

As the bike needs new tyres, I was hoping people can suggest a bike shop which can replace the tyres and do the re-registering fluff in one go.

In addition, can someone suggest some tyres for the R6? I don't expect to be getting my knee down and going banannas, just generic riding about for shits and giggles, errands, etc.. so ideally they are cheap

Any suggestions guys?

Cheers

Bike
    Red-shifted GT250R
    You could put some epically cheap Shinkos on. That would cover the shits, particularly when wet. Did I say they were cheap? Seeing knobblies on an R6 would give me the giggles though. Decisions, decisions...

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Mate of mine bought his Speed Triple back from Perth last month. Street and Sport were very very helpful with getting it sorted and on the road here.

Carlyle Street. Ask for Stefan.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Virtual 250
    Wasnt there a speed triple in some mission impossible movie which had knobblies on it?

I had seriously better not go to a triumph dealer though, After more pondering last night I decided I should sell the R6 and the ninja 250, and get a van ( for dad purposes ). And if I went to that shop I would just end up getting a street triple instead.

I might give them a ring though.. they can do all the rego stuff, because I don't have a van or other suitable 4 wheeled thing to move the bike, so I want to 'push' the bike the least distance possible while it's not road legal

Thanks

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Try Avon City Suzuki for tyres - they frequently have bulk deals on Bridgestone. Presently saying on their site unbeatable deals on T30's or S20's - the former are sports touring and based on the riding you state will be excellent (I'm running them and they are excellent for me) the S20's are sports tyres (have reviewed very well too).

If the deal I got for the T30's are anything like they are running now fuck those Skinko's.

Bike
    Virtual 250
    After a bit of farting around I think I will go with hampton honda. Avon dont seem to be able to reply to emails, but hampton/hornby honda were quite helpfull.

Will end up being around $1200 ish to get the bike on the road ( including tyres )

Thread Information