Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tramping and ADV riding?

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Gee, you guys are sensitive souls today.

There are lots of good people who get on the end of a pick, shovel, saw etc to improve things for the greater good, and just as many who will go and have their fun and fuck it up for everybody else. Sadly the behaviour of the latter group is generally what everyone will be judged on.

Anyway, cheers for pointing me in the direction of that one, certainly worth a look at getting as far as possible by bike and should be a safe place to park up and walk the rest.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Gee, you guys are sensitive souls today.

There are lots of good people who get on the end of a pick, shovel, saw etc to improve things for the greater good, and just as many who will go and have their fun and fuck it up for everybody else. Sadly the behaviour of the latter group is generally what everyone will be judged on.

Anyway, cheers for pointing me in the direction of that one, certainly worth a look at getting as far as possible by bike and should be a safe place to park up and walk the rest.
    Well it felt like you were taking a dig at me there with the mud tyres in the wet comment and automatically lumped me with the latter group you mentioned so not sure what response you expected
    The place was covered in snow when the date was set the week before that particular trip so I was more disappointed than you it was mud instead on that one hill (the rest is mainly rock/gravel).

Good luck and make sure you post up how it goes. Andrews Shelter is the name of the hut, I got it wrong. You can loop right around as an overnight so you don't retrace your footsteps (coming back to the bike the foot track cuts over then in beside the hill rather than right down to the river and up).

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    VW toureg?? on road tires. And would we follow them out to the gravel road in case they couldn't get across the river.
    What? You mean those things aren't 'vroom straight through'

Thread Information