Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scooter or bike?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zooter View Post
    this forum should be free of bikers who don't feel the same, please.
    no, youre thinking of: kiwiscootersandbumlickers.co.nz/forum.

Bike
    various
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    I was reading a bike mag on Friday, has a special on scooters. They made a very apt point. To a non biker, motorbikes are scary.
    Our clutch is what lever? What foot changes gear? In what direction? Why doesn't it fall over?
    A scooter is simple, it's twist and go, it's not scary and very acceptable to utilise for commuting. Once someone gets a scooter, they will either just carry on using it to save pennies and time commuting, or they will enjoy the freedom, get curious about motorbikes and want more power. Plenty of peoples first experience on 2 wheels is on a scooter.

Not everyone grew up with a family member who rides/rode, or got a motorbike as a child. Scooters allow a taste of 2 wheels for the masses who may be tentative of motorcycling. More people getting into motorbikes means larger voter base of motorcyclists, bigger market of bikes and a more motorcycle aware population.

I used to have a giggle at scooters, now I give them a wave and a smile. Scooters grow up to be big boy bikes too!
    There are also geared manual scooters, mostly Vespa, which do highway speeds. Not my choice for long distance travel.

What is it about little wheels that inspires trolling? Small minds get enraged.
    Insert witticism.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by zooter View Post
    There are also geared manual scooters, mostly Vespa, which do highway speeds. Not my choice for long distance travel.

What is it about little wheels that inspires trolling? Small minds get enraged.
    Any vehicle will get trolled if it's funny. If someone pokes a bit of fun at you, laugh. There's no point being sensitive and miserable. Feed a troll, KB would be boring without them.

Get a hayabusa.

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    Any vehicle will get trolled if it's funny. If someone pokes a bit of fun at you, laugh. There's no point being sensitive and miserable. Feed a troll, KB would be boring without them
    +1

Some us also have scooters.

Thread Information