Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 questions: Learner curfew exemption and is it true?

Bike
    Gone
    Make an application for an exemption on the grounds that you have mentioned. Who knows, logic may prevail. The bank on it tho.

Bike
    A black one
    I thought the same whilst on my learners and restricted but you just learn to deal with it.

I doubt the rule will change anytime soon. Worth asking for the exemption though - worst they can do is say no.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I know on my Learners (with L Plates and everything) a couple of times I got paged out to our Datacentre at silly-o-clock in the morning, didn't have any issues (but then didn't see any Police out either)
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Yamaha XVS650 Classic
    Spoke to Phil Goff at the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust charity ride last weekend about this and he reckoned speaking to my local MP. Unfortunately it is Maurice Williamson, so I am not going to hold my breath since there is no profit in it for his party so it is unlikely to change.
    A fart is just your arse applauding. - Billy Connolly

Bike
    2015 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    I've signed a few exemption forms for the checkout chicks at work. We close at 10pm.

The deal is, while on their restricted, they have to show that there isn't any public transport and that they don't live too far away. They get an exemption letter that gives them till 11 to take a direct route home.
    The exemption expires the day they become eligible to take their full test though.

NZTA won't exempt you on your learners but shouldn't moan once you are on your restricted.

I'd say nice cop for telling you to do something you should have done years ago and not fining you!

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGeek View Post
    Spoke to Phil Goff at the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust charity ride last weekend about this and he reckoned speaking to my local MP. Unfortunately it is Maurice Williamson, so I am not going to hold my breath since there is no profit in it for his party so it is unlikely to change.
    Funny. The bureaucrats don't normally give a toss about which MP jumps up and down. It's the laws that get enforced, not the whims of the local MP.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    30years with a car licence means you should have sat the additional 6 oral questions and got your bike licence started at the same time.
    Not much you can do but get restricted and apply or get a moped and ride it on car licence to work.
    ya might find he was meaning you should have done the 6 oral questions when you got ya car licence 30 yrs ago, bit harsh tho unless you were lucky enough to get a gorgeous female cop

Bike
    2012, Triumph Daytona 675SE
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    Even more ridiculous you didn't sit your test in 3 years.....
    Not necessarily. I didnt sit any road test for 6 years because i had a 250 that id bought from new and had no reason/desire to upsize.

When the need finally came along, i took the opportunity to combine it with a last-minute deal to Raro and went straight to the full.

Thread Information