Thread: Zxr250 carb balance?

Bike
    RM250, YZ250(295)

Zxr250 carb balance?

How on earth do you access the balancing screws on a zxr250 without dismantling the whole bike? The only way i can see to get to them would be to remove the radiator and fan, but then i wouldnt be able to run it

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Right handed screwdriver.

Bike
    Various
    ZXR400 but should be much the same: http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/zxr400/balancing.html

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    RM250, YZ250(295)
    I read through that one for the zxr400 but my carbs seem to be 90 degrees different then those ones, so my screws are facing into the rocker cover instead of being upright like the ones in those photos

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    fuken aucklanders.

Take them off and bench sync them, for a start. Then stop being a pussy, put them back on the bike, take it for a fang, and tweak the balance.
    Are you sure youre looking at the correct screws, not the air pilots?

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    Are you sure youre looking at the correct screws, not the air pilots?
    This. .

Bike
    RM250, YZ250(295)
    Haha allright bro, so once ive bench synced them and put them back on and taken it for a ride an realise that they are still as unbalanced as they are now, I run into the exact same problem. Yes, I am sure they arnt the air piots, the four air pilot screws are facing toward the back of the bike and are very accessible, then the three balance screws are on the other side tucked up in no mans land

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpoontang View Post
    Haha allright bro, so once ive bench synced them and put them back on and taken it for a ride an realise that they are still as unbalanced as they are now,
    once youve done that, let us know.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpoontang View Post
    I read through that one for the zxr400 but my carbs seem to be 90 degrees different then those ones, so my screws are facing into the rocker cover instead of being upright like the ones in those photos
    Hmm....that seems really odd, I was under the impression that the 250 used Keihin CVK D30 carbs whilst the 400 uses Keihin CVK D32's so there shouldn't be bugger all difference....

If they really are that hard to get to you'll probably need one of these: http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0119/

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    RM250, YZ250(295)
    Yeah man I borrowed my mates right angle screw driver thing like the one on that link, an could access them from the R/H side with the fairing off, was still a pain in the ass to adjust them accurately as his tool was a real old school genuine Yamaha one, but worked out sweet in the end. Cheers for the help

Thread Information