Thread: Shoei Neotec?

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair

Shoei Neotec?

Who uses a shoei neotec ?
    Shopping for helmets last few days adv/touring type . Was suggested I tried on one of these. Hmmm ok I thought . But actually fitted well and now liking the idea of open face for brief stops, talking to companions or some slow speed stuff.

Whats it like noise wise, any whistling around the front flip up part? any other issues I should consider?

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by cruza View Post
    Whats it like noise wise, any whistling around the front flip up part? any other issues I should consider?
    I liked these but the extra weight of it was the reason I did not purchase it and instead got a NXR as my second helmet. I also have a GT-AIR which is heavier than the NXR but lighter than the Neotec.

How much of a difference that will make depends on the riding position and how long you ride for. On my bike after a long ride I feel the difference.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    I liked these but the extra weight of it was the reason I did not purchase it and instead got a NXR as my second helmet. I also have a GT-AIR which is heavier than the NXR but lighter than the Neotec.

How much of a difference that will make depends on the riding position and how long you ride for. On my bike after a long ride I feel the difference.
    All of them lighter than what I currently have . Tried a gt-air on today , very comfy . Not sure I could tell make difference weight wise in the shop . and I ride quite upright on current bike.
    Top end hjc was 2nd best fitting , and hopefully might be able to try their flip front helmet on the road in the wknd.
    A lot of the helmets seemed too narrow for my head

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by cruza View Post
    Top end hjc was 2nd best fitting , and hopefully might be able to try their flip front helmet on the road in the wknd. A lot of the helmets seemed too narrow for my head
    I've always liked the shoei fit although I will say that the GT-AIR is a little tighter than the equivalent NXR. With your more upright riding position The extra weight is probably not so noticeable. If you can stretch the extra $200 over the GT-AIR I think the Neotec's a really nice helmet and having the flip up front is a really nice addition to the helmet. Safety wise I trust Shoei's design that protection wise you not making any sacrifices.

I can't comment on helmets outside of Shoei as all of my helmets have been Shoei.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    I've always liked the shoei fit although I will say that the GT-AIR is a little tighter than the equivalent NXR. With your more upright riding position The extra weight is probably not so noticeable. If you can stretch the extra $200 over the GT-AIR I think the Neotec's a really nice helmet and having the flip up front is a really nice addition to the helmet. Safety wise I trust Shoei's design that protection wise you not making any sacrifices.

I can't comment on helmets outside of Shoei as all of my helmets have been Shoei.
    Yes noticed that on gt-air . prob gives you a better neck/air seal thru , very comfy once on thru . See replacement inner sunvisor easy avail too for them and like the side operation compared to having it on top like hjc.
    Bumped into another rider yesterday who walked into shop wearing a neotec , totally sold on it and on his second helmet.

...Think I've talked myself into buying one now!

Thread Information