Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fucking media. "Off-duty cop collides with car"

Bike
    Street Triple R

Fucking media. "Off-duty cop collides with car"

the fucking car collided with her. fuck the press.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...lides-with-car

No way are they going to publish my letter to the editor
    What an appalling headline. The inference is that the "off duty cop" is somehow at fault because she collided with the car.

A better headline would be "Car driver fails to give way, causing off duty cop to be injured through no fault of her own"

Shame on you for your anti motorcycle bias, and lazy subediting.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry, someone from BRONZ will be along to call you a fuckwit for pointing out that distinction or am I the only proud receiver of BRONZ-bashing?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Also: You're a lawyer.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    XR200
    I'm with you HDC. A tv news report last night on the Ferguson drama in the US referred to the police officer as the "killer". A gratuitously emotive label after he had been absolved by a Grand Jury.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    "I made sure her airways were clear and she was breathing, not bleeding and mobilised her so we couldn't make the damage any worse," King said.
    Good to see they 'mobilised' her, best way to get rid of those serious injuries is to walk them off.

Edit 7:30am: I see they've changed it to 'immobilised' now, I guess the system is working. Go Fairfax!
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    the fucking car collided with her. fuck the press.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...lides-with-car

No way are they going to publish my letter to the editor
    if the car was on the green as reported in the link then yes...........the bike collided with the car...........so henry....are you privey to some other info to the contrary?......or just chasing ambulances.........
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemad View Post
    if the car was on the green as reported in the link then yes...........the bike collided with the car...........so henry....are you privey to some other info to the contrary?......or just chasing ambulances.........

I read the article as both vehicles are on Manchester st. The intersection has green lights for both lanes to go straight through and no light on for right turn, as in turn right when it is clear of oncoming traffic. The car driver failed to see the scooter.

The crash was said to be caused by the driver who didn't see the scooter. In fact the quote says she didn't see the scooter, just heard the impact.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    I read the article as both vehicles are on Manchester st. The intersection has green lights for both lanes to go straight through and no light on for right turn, as in turn right when it is clear of oncoming traffic. The car driver failed to see the scooter.
    Yes, and then the off duty police officer collided with the car that was crossing her path.

Hardly worth getting your knickers in a twist about. If a police officer had not been involved it wouldn't have even been in the paper.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Yes, and then the off duty police officer collided with the car that was crossing her path.

Hardly worth getting your knickers in a twist about. If a police officer had not been involved it wouldn't have even been in the paper.
    Exactly.

The news is not littered with 'off duty plumbers/council workers/ACC workers' etc being involved in minor crashes.

The media are bastards, frequently emotive inacurrate bastards....
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Im surprised that anyone still gets upset when the media are shown for what they are, a pack of lying scum suckers. Tis a funny old world.

Stupid humans.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Oh fuck!...poor lass

Sad to the story slanted that way...much more concerned to see another rider fighting for her life, due to ANOTHER! driver saying the usual line "I didn't even see the bike"

...its never nice to see this

...thoughts to the rider and her family & friends , hope shes going to be ok

Ride Safe Kbers....there panel damage, could be our life!

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    The news is not littered with 'off duty plumbers/council workers/ACC workers' etc being involved in minor crashes.

The media are bastards, frequently emotive inacurrate bastards....
    If riders feel maligned they should consider the slant put on any incident involving a tourist.

Bike
    So old you won't care

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    If riders feel maligned they should consider the slant put on any incident involving a tourist.
    No need for racial slurs
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    True.

NEVER be a tourist motorcyclist.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Thread Information