Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We have a tractor in the family

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Admit it. You walk away from it leaving mr S standing buy herself when you hear other bikes coming.
    not likely have even ridden it... a tad small but a lot of fun to

Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    Actually I've always wondered why 883s are so easily dismissed by bikers. This bike has always seemed to me an ideal size plus being an HD which should be interesting for many people. Apparently it doesn't perform in the sense that it is slow revving and doesn't handle well above 120k. Which seems odd for that engine size but maybe the reviews are too harsh.
    had to pick it up as Kathy was not around.... heading home I past a couple of cars... got to say I was fairly impressed with the way it handled & how fast it got up there (unless you got pics) & the super low rider suits her
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by mstriumph View Post
    ahhh - I thought you meant 'tractor' (as in the huge yellow thingy now parked in our driveway a/w restoration)
    More details please.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by _Shrek_ View Post

had to pick it up as Kathy was not around.... heading home I past a couple of cars... got to say I was fairly impressed with the way it handled & how fast it got up there (unless you got pics) & the super low rider suits her
    See, they ain't as bad as the (fussy) detractors (see my pun?) would have you believe eh!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Hobbit bike & Bike Decoration
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    Well done fun in the sun.

Actually I've always wondered why 883s are so easily dismissed by bikers. This bike has always seemed to me an ideal size plus being an HD which should be interesting for many people. Apparently it doesn't perform in the sense that it is slow revving and doesn't handle well above 120k. Which seems odd for that engine size but maybe the reviews are too harsh.

I'd happily own one or a Triumph Thruxton.

Any thoughts Kathy?
    Wouldn't know how it handles above 120 k Winston..... the speed limit is 100
    "Those that give up Liberty for Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Quote Originally Posted by _Shrek_ View Post
    mrs S got her new bike on Sunday & rode it back from Blenheim to Christchurch then Christchurch to home.... an awesome effort, as it was her first ride after her wee off in April... other than being on the back with me a few times.....
    we were looking at bike boots when the sales guy asked what she was looking at getting, she said some thing low & that could cruse at 100km with out struggling & over take when she needed to, he took her over to the 883 super low rider... she sat on it & said this is what I want....
    she found this on trade me.... putting on hot grips & top box screen is coming
    great to riding with my lady again
    The pic says it all,Kathy she is in love.

Good choice. Tow the Rena off the rocks with the grunt that thing has.

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    More details please.
    1974 Ford 5000. ....ex Shire machine...needs a repaint but...75 hp vs 35 hp for 1/4 the price of a new Case-IH Farmall 35B .....

small block - we'll only give it real work 4 times a year ... can't justify a new, expensive machine
    Last edited by mstriumph; 31st December 2014 at 16:29. Reason: tried to insert a pic ... Ha! epic fail ....
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    As in

Looks a bit used, but, seems mechanically sound and runs well...well enough to run a slasher, grader blade, tine scarifier, etc, etc

,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tractor.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	398.3 KB 
ID:	307338
    Last edited by Jantar; 1st January 2015 at 17:45. Reason: Oversized emmbedded image deleted
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    As in

Looks a bit used, but, seems mechanically sound and runs well...well enough to run a slasher, grader blade, tine scarifier, etc, etc,
    Spent a fair amount of time on one of those when I was a kid slashing gorse on hillsides, good workhorses.
    All ways wanted the 4x4 version for my splitter, but ended up with a fiat.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Never had a 5000 before. Had various 2000/3000s and a County Six...now that was fun - especially when I drove it through the middle of Auckland (you could do that then...) Good for mowing gorse as well. It had extra hydraulic pumps and stuff for towing a scraper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	County at Omaha.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	307339  
    Last edited by Jantar; 1st January 2015 at 17:47.
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Spent a fair amount of time on one of those when I was a kid slashing gorse on hillsides, good workhorses.
    drives really well too ... power assisted (yep, am becoming a real woos lol!)
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Never had a 5000 before. Had various 2000/3000s and a County Six...now that was fun - especially when I drove it through the middle of Auckland (you could do that then...) Good for mowing gorse as well. It had extra hydraulic pumps and stuff for towing a scraper.
    We had a county with a blade, which I tipped over on a hillside after finding a bull wallow in the gorse. Just about where the motorway goes over Oteha valley road now.
    Now I have more wheels and pivot steer to combat that, a county with training wheels.
    Last edited by Jantar; 1st January 2015 at 17:48. Reason: Oversized embedded image deleted

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    The image that Mr Jantar removed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big one 005.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	713.4 KB 
ID:	307331  

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Don't trust pivot steer on hills - had a Davis pivot steer trencher that was a bit hairy crossing slopes - used to hang the backhoe boom out to counterbalance it - the County wasn't too bad - if we were worried we'd just run a cable to the uphill side. We had a farm on Oteha Valley Road - there would be a few dodgy spots around there - I almost lost a Super Dexta on a hill (more just a very steep slope ) there - I was only 12 at the time!
    What make is that - a New Holland? The duals would sure help with stability - be a bastard to try and right that thing if it went over.

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    As in

Looks a bit used, but, seems mechanically sound and runs well...well enough to run a slasher, grader blade, tine scarifier, etc, etc

,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tractor.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	398.3 KB 
ID:	307338
    Last edited by Jantar; Today at 13:45. Reason: Oversized emmbedded image deleted
    Can't the site afford a mod who can spell? - Hint, Jantar, Spell Check is your friend
    ... ...

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by mstriumph View Post
    Can't the site afford a mod who can spell? - ......
    No. KB only gets as good as they pay for.
    Time to ride

Thread Information