Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I bitch about vtnz?

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    where you can, support your local bike shoppe.
    as long as its a good one.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    where you can, support your local bike shoppe.
    as long as its a good one.
    I find VTNZ easier as no booking and I take the bike trailer in at the same time for its WOF. The bike shop cant do the trailer.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    A blue one
    Only the bike and trucks go to VTNZ and then I do all the riding as none of the current batch of testers hold a 6F
    otherwise the utes and cars go to my local for the simple reason they are down to earth and don't fail a wof for
    a stupid light bulb but tell me to change it!

buying a dereged bike is a money pit.
    then again ive seen the dumb assholes issue LV certs to piles of junk that never should have pass..( VTNZ )
    kind of funny that the local one is having a though rogering due to total incompetence

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    I find VTNZ easier as no booking and I take the bike trailer in at the same time for its WOF. The bike shop cant do the trailer.
    Fair enough, horses for courses and all that. havent got a bike trailer.
    My local VTNZ is a PITA.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Doesn't work at VTNZ, Ninth Ave, Tauranga, as the one and only "bike guy" shows up when he feels like it. Can't realistically take it in without booking.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Take your bike to a.... BIKE shop?

VTNZ guys are just grumpy failed mechanics, which is the reason behind them finding any little thing wrong with your vehicle just to fuck you around, and make themselves feel worthy.
    My wife's bike was knocked back because the headlight lens was NOT in it's correct position! Failed mechanic showed no interest in the two minute fix so my Wife asked him for a Phillips screwdriver and fixed it there and then.

It's got be over ten year since I have been to VTNZ.

Bike
    motocompo
    Wouldn't it be easier to turn up at a pre arranged appointment booked time & be attended to immediately rather than sit at the back of a queue & hope it doesn't take all day for your turn to come up?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to turn up at a pre arranged appointment booked time & be attended to immediately rather than sit at the back of a queue & hope it doesn't take all day for your turn to come up?
    Newtown wait has never been longer than 30mins till finished for me. Bikes ride to the front of the 2 rows and they get done quite quickly. I walk down road and get a coffee. Come back and done. One of them does the bikes while the cars are still going through as normal over the pits.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Newtown wait has never been longer than 30mins till finished for me. Bikes ride to the front of the 2 rows and they get done quite quickly. I walk down road and get a coffee. Come back and done. One of them does the bikes while the cars are still going through as normal over the pits.
    You mean they don't put the bike over the pit?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Never waited longer than 15min at VTNZ (Used to go for several years, but now both bike shops do WOF so I use them for the respective bikes). At one point there was a wee asian fella working there when I was taking the big GSA. Deliberately parked it on the centre stand so there was no way he could get it off. He asked me to do the brake stuff, which I was totally fine with

As mossy says, ride up to the middle past all the cars, often help them balance on the side stand to check bearings etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Never waited longer than 15min at VTNZ (Used to go for several years, but now both bike shops do WOF so I use them for the respective bikes). At one point there was a wee asian fella working there when I was taking the big GSA. Deliberately parked it on the centre stand so there was no way he could get it off. He asked me to do the brake stuff, which I was totally fine with

As mossy says, ride up to the middle past all the cars, often help them balance on the side stand to check bearings etc.
    Plus its cheaper and every 10th one is free. My trailer counts as one towards a free one. I use the free one on the car which is dearer. I take my work van in also and the boss refunds the cost and stamp that also. Then I waste said savings on the coffee.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Plus its cheaper and every 10th one is free. My trailer counts as one towards a free one. I use the free one on the car which is dearer. I take my work van in also and the boss refunds the cost and stamp that also. Then I waste said savings on the coffee.
    Awesome, free warrant for each vehicle once every 10 years.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Awesome, free warrant for each vehicle once every 10 years.
    Nah. Stamp every WOF not vehicle specific. Was better before the 1year WOF obviously as I was averaging 7 WOF a year now only 4. Didn't get a new card when last one used up so might no longer do it with the longer periods. Bike WOF in my area is 10 cheaper than the bike shops.

Don't start the should be supporting bike shop thing as I spend a lot at my bike shop already.
    Only time I get for doing a WOF is on the weekend and booking at the bikeshop isn't easy unless its well in advance.

Bike
    2015 f800gt
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    You mean they don't put the bike over the pit?
    Wouldn't be surprised if some of them tried

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Some time back I bought a bike from a nice elderly chap and after 6 months took it to local VTNZ for a WOF-On inspection I was advised that the frame # did not match their records and were the plates stolen,WOF was refused and they confiscated the plates.Long story short,I went back to the old fella I bought it off and explained the situation,he was most upset but he did recall that a couple of years back
    he took the bike to VTNZ Manukau for a WOF and the mechanic did comment to him that the frame #'s didn't match but as he was leaving VTNZ the next day,he let it pass.
    I then discussed the problem with NZTA-and they were real cunts-having a bit of spare time I delved further into this and found that two identical bikes were imported by Honda Manukau on the same day and consecutive plates were issued by VTNZ Manukau, and you guessed it the wrong plates were put on the wrong bikes.The two previous WOF's on this bike were issued by non VTNZ places where the frame # discrepancy was ignored as being an error.I finally got VTNZ Manukau to recognise their error,but it meant I had to re-submit the bike for a full test and have new plates issued-While this was done free of charge,it was done at VTNZ Whangarei but by a Manukau staff,I had to trailer the bike to Whangarei,got little help getting it off and on, and the bastards made me wait for an hour before attending to the bike.-Will I ever take any vehicle to VTNZ,will I fuck.

Thread Information