Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can I bitch about vtnz?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Some time back I bought a bike from a nice elderly chap and after 6 months took it to local VTNZ for a WOF-On inspection I was advised that the frame # did not match their records and were the plates stolen,WOF was refused and they confiscated the plates.Long story short,I went back to the old fella I bought it off and explained the situation,he was most upset but he did recall that a couple of years back
    he took the bike to VTNZ Manukau for a WOF and the mechanic did comment to him that the frame #'s didn't match but as he was leaving VTNZ the next day,he let it pass.
    I then discussed the problem with NZTA-and they were real cunts-having a bit of spare time I delved further into this and found that two identical bikes were imported by Honda Manukau on the same day and consecutive plates were issued by VTNZ Manukau, and you guessed it the wrong plates were put on the wrong bikes.The two previous WOF's on this bike were issued by non VTNZ places where the frame # discrepancy was ignored as being an error.I finally got VTNZ Manukau to recognise their error,but it meant I had to re-submit the bike for a full test and have new plates issued-While this was done free of charge,it was done at VTNZ Whangarei but by a Manukau staff,I had to trailer the bike to Whangarei,got little help getting it off and on, and the bastards made me wait for an hour before attending to the bike.-Will I ever take any vehicle to VTNZ,will I fuck.
    Your angry because you got a historical era corrected. Its a system to help protect us against vehicle theft.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by baffa View Post
    I just get wofs from bike shops nowadays.
    Funny thing - bike shops (first 2 I asked anyway) here in Morrinsville don't do WoFs. It seems that it isn't worth their while to be registered for it when most of the bikes they work on are used on dairy farms and don't need a WoF.
    What they do is let you drop off the bike to them and then they take it to a competent place that does WoFs and has a guy with a 6F.
    What I do is go straight to that same place and book a WoF when the guy with the 6F is available to do it.
    Luckily they are pretty cheap compared to most and haven't given me any trouble yet, don't get any bad attitude either.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Your angry because you got a historical era corrected. Its a system to help protect us against vehicle theft.
    I was angry about the way I was treated and the accusations made by NZTA,I was dealing with one of their top ladies and she was a right bitch.I appreciate the theft protection system,but this was way above and beyond that.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    Funny thing - bike shops (first 2 I asked anyway) here in Morrinsville don't do WoFs. It seems that it isn't worth their while to be registered for it when most of the bikes they work on are used on dairy farms and don't need a WoF.
    What they do is let you drop off the bike to them and then they take it to a competent place that does WoFs and has a guy with a 6F.
    What I do is go straight to that same place and book a WoF when the guy with the 6F is available to do it.
    Luckily they are pretty cheap compared to most and haven't given me any trouble yet, don't get any bad attitude either.
    Warkworth is about the same same size as M/Ville and when we lived there, warrants could be issued at the local Wreckers/Shell servo/Warkworth Motorcycles and the VTNZ. I would always take my bike Jim at Shell, when he left, I would then take it to the wreckers.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    It's not the shops that are registered to do a WOF. An actual staff member must be registered to do a WOF.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It's not the shops that are registered to do a WOF. An actual staff member must be registered to do a WOF.
    In fact it is both separately.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    In fact it is both separately.
    Why some places (not just motocycle shops) continue to employ mechanics with less than satisfactory interpersonal skills ... when dealing with customers. If they lose their WOF "guy" ... the business has to find a registered tester that is allowed to test motorcycles. In small towns ... not always an easy task.

Some dealerships employ a Customer Service Manager ... who is the only contact the vehicle owner has with the workshop. With the vehicle owner never seeing the mechanic that does the actual work.

Increasingly strict health and safety regulations often mean ... non staff members are not allowed (not supposed to be) in the workshop.

Those places that do allow it .. can get into bother if you hurt yourself in their workshop.

Those people that are allowed ... enjoy the priviledge. But push the boundry's of that priviledge ... and you won't be.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    An historical error that could have been found (and corrected) ... if a plate / vehicle check was done prior to purchase ...

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Those places that do allow it .. can get into bother if you hurt yourself in their workshop.
    Head contractor tried to bring in wearing gloves 100% of the time. My view is if I wear gloves 8hrs a day ill have sissy soft moist hands and cut myself while working at home. So much bubble wrap mankind is losing its ability to have survival skills.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2015 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    Some dealerships employ a Customer Service Manager ... who is the only contact the vehicle owner has with the workshop. With the vehicle owner never seeing the mechanic that does the actual work.
    When Mum bought a used XJ6 from Archibald and Shorter, the sales guy made the point of summoning the mechanic who "knows the XJs" from the workshop for an introduction.

I would always want to speak to whoever is actually fixing my shit - he can tell me so much more than 12 words on the job sheet.

Despite all of the nice suits and "customer service managers", Jag know that you will always want to speak to the guy doing the work.

Whether you are out the back or on the shop-floor, you are part of a retail environment and if you want a job need to suck it up and learn some basic courtesy to customers. It isn't difficult!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyk5614 View Post
    Whether you are out the back or on the shop-floor, you are part of a retail environment and if you want a job need to suck it up and learn some basic courtesy to customers. It isn't difficult!
    Those in the "Retail Enviroment" know full well ... the customer is not always right. The usual motorcycle shop (or dealership) is a long way from a Jag dealership. The pay grades for the mechanics would be a bit better too.

I personally prefer to support the smaller workshops. Regardless of if the mechanic is short of some "customer relationship skills" ... or not. If he/she knows their stuff ... I'm ok with that.

Courtesy works both ways ...

Thread Information