Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unmarked police bikes in Perth

Bike
    A black one

Unmarked police bikes in Perth

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...16f36a352102fd

Saw this over the weekend and thought it was quite a neat idea. Wonder how long it will be until it is picked up here.

Gotta love the people who plead innocence when it's crystal clear that they were on their phone and oblivious to the popo's flashin lights.

Bike
    GL1800
    Interesting

Wasn't it the Aussie Cops who were prosecuting for helmet mounted cameras?

Yet they are wearing them...
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    Sold
    Brilliant - great find! Must say that when I'm on the bike and make phone gestures to drivers using their phones, getting the fingers is the normal response

Bike
    R1200GSA
    "you have no idea whats going on around you m'am"

I was alongside a chickie doing 100kph on the urban motorway in Wgtn, she was 'steering' with her knees and texting using both hands. I sounded my horn, she nearly shit herself. No clue what was happening.
    Anyway, who needs BOTH hands to text?

Mind you the guy who was putting soy and wasabi on his sushi while he drove was the best I have ever seen.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    It's perfect! No one sees bikes! Stealth Policing at its finest!
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Eeeek, I must say I've been guilty of sending a text while sitting at the lights waiting and would probably just about crap myself if a bike cop pulled up alongside out of nowhere to chat through the window! (U turns, weaving in and out of stationary vehicles to get to the offending motorist - not exactly like they're following you in the flow of the traffic where you'd expect to be aware of what's moving around you).

I wonder how long it will be before that takes off here too Easy pickings I reckon around Auckland.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Oh, when I'm stationary on the bike I'm always checking what's around me, moving or otherwise (I have never gotten the hand of texting with fat ass gloves on anyway!) but in the car I tend to not be on such high alert when stopped.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by shafty View Post
    Interesting

Wasn't it the Aussie Cops who were prosecuting for helmet mounted cameras?

Yet they are wearing them...
    Different laws in between states over there.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    It's perfect! No one sees bikes! Stealth Policing at its finest!
    Reading the article - they did say that they were going to focus on the little things that people do all the time that cause issues - which I completely approve
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    GL1800
    Sure Tazz but if I was charged with having a helmet mounted GoPro, I'd be referencing the Perth Police in my defence.....
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Brillent idea!

"Assistant Commissioner Nick Anticich said the new fleet of unmarked bikes would strongly target inattentive driving, which he described as an “unacceptable phenomena.”

"A trial of unmarked police motorbikes 12 months ago saw officers issue a staggering 1300 infringements for people using their mobile phones and more than 200 infringements notices for people not wearing their seatbelts in just four weeks"

Lets just hope the NZ popo take note of the Aussie popo's targeting ACTUAL! AND BLATANT!! ROAD SAFETY ISSUE'S!!...and with the figures shown above...they could even keep there greedy Govt's revenue collection plans flowing, with the side effect of making an ACTUAL impact to road safety!...instead of just pissing off 99% of the nation with there current BS campaign on 1k over "speeding"

...plus Rastuscat and the boys could get some cool new toys to race!....I mean..."use"

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Eeeek, I must say I've been guilty of sending a text while sitting at the lights...

I wonder how long it will be before that takes off here too Easy pickings I reckon around Auckland.
    Same here. I've sent the odd quick text or quickly checked my phone at the lights but as soon as that light goes green my phone goes away.

Would be great to see these guys pick up people texting whilst at speed on a motorway/highway. At least the people in the video were completely stationary, albeit very inattentive.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by shafty View Post
    Sure Tazz but if I was charged with having a helmet mounted GoPro, I'd be referencing the Perth Police in my defence.....
    Yeah without looking too deep into it some overzealous police work seems to be the problem unless you've involved some drill bits.

http://motorbikewriter.com/rider-fin...-contest-fine/

http://motorbikewriter.com/clarifica...unted-cameras/

I was a bit quick to blame the different states =/

Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    Same here. I've sent the odd quick text or quickly checked my phone at the lights but as soon as that light goes green my phone goes away.

Would be great to see these guys pick up people texting whilst at speed on a motorway/highway. At least the people in the video were completely stationary, albeit very inattentive.
    I text at lights I'm going to be sitting at for ages in the car sometimes without holding anyone up but wouldn't whinge (loudly) about getting ticketed for it as I agree with the principle.

Even eating behind the wheel can be visually and mentally distracting to a dangerous extent depending on the mental capacity of the food beast munching away.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Surprised its taken them so long to realise how effective it would be...

Maybe all them moto-popo dissed the idea so they could eat more donuts...

Pretty good anyway, there's also a youtube vid about, cops doing same in UK... but with a truck unit so they can see into truck cabs and bust truckers for texting....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9eTzzCveOA
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    Mind you the guy who was putting soy and wasabi on his sushi while he drove was the best I have ever seen.
    mighta been me. chopsticks and all.

i text too.

total "was not a factor" in ax' MVA to date: txting, speeding, alcohol impairment, fiddling with the radio/missus, rolling joints, doing spots, LSD...

Thread Information