Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for fighting an Infringement Notice - for not putting my foot down?

Bike
    Scooter
    video yourself doing it and then send in a copy with copy of ticket to the scummy nzherald, they're bound to make a story out of it

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    if you feel you must get personal however i will happily give you my contact details

see how brave you are in real life.

I got really good at restarting my KTM when it stalled, come to a standstill, feet still up, press the leccy start and off again.

Good luck with the ticket mate.

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    Yeah i know I presumed he was referring to the original post but he was referring to the one above - but I was responding to his aggresive foul rep and threat after that - not acceptable really
    I think you should go back and read awayatc's org post. He was supporting your position.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Pay the $150 and move on. Even if you ride your bike into court and show you can balance it for a minute on the end of the judge's knob that doesn't prove you stopped and balanced when the cop saw you. It's his word against yours and he's the one with the Warrant Card (if that's what they still have). Put your foot down next time just to prove you've stopped. It won't make you less of a man.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Pay the $150 and move on.
    No. He stopped. He complied fully with the law and the post says that the cop even asked him if he put his foot down when he stopped. I would just send the ticket back with a polite explanation. Either the cop will get told he needs to learn the road rules in a bit more detail or he is going to have to lie. You would hope his seniors would go for the former and not put the officer in a position where he has to tell porkies.

The reason people need to know the rules is so you can argue them at the side of the road. Once the ticket is written you are half way fucked.

Bike
    my little pony
    If you ride in Kabul, come to a stop sign, put your foot down, KABOOMB !!!!!!!!!

Bike
    GSA & WR
    From my experience you can take it to court, present your side of the case, after the cop has presented his. The cop can end up dismissed from the service partly as a result of his dismal lack of profesionalism and you will still loose.

The magistrate appologised to me for fining me I think because he has no option but to favour the cops side of the story. Like someone said earlier at least he'll be off the road for most of the day.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Either the cop will get told he needs to learn the road rules in a bit more detail or he is going to have to lie.
    Why? It doesn't sound like he is the one telling porkies here.

Bike
    98 Bandit 1200

Lies!!

How can a cop say with honesty that he could even see if I put my foot down??
    I went back down to where the cop was parked - and it was far too far away to see if I put my foot down, he couldn't even see the left hand side of the bike, the rail lines are raised which makes his view and subsequent statement a load of bollocks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Police parked.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	306755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Police view at best.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	306756
    Live long and prosper ……………… or ride a motorbike

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Mate, again from experience of my dealings with them, they wont let fact get in the way of them pursuing a conviction. It will be your word against his. by all means go armed with your proof, picture JP testamony of being able to remain stationary and do all this in the courtroom balancing on your bike withyour feet up......the way the system works is according to the court the cops dont make mistakes or god forbid tell lies.

Bike
    98 Bandit 1200

I know

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Graham View Post
    Mate, again from experience of my dealings with them, they wont let fact get in the way of them pursuing a conviction. It will be your word against his. by all means go armed with your proof, picture JP testamony of being able to remain stationary and do all this in the courtroom balancing on your bike withyour feet up......the way the system works is according to the court the cops dont make mistakes or god forbid tell lies.
    Yep - you're right

I've seen it before - and they dismiss any evidence on technicality - but it will not stop me from trying - its the principal of things that matter
    Live long and prosper ……………… or ride a motorbike

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Graham View Post
    ....the way the system works is according to the court the cops dont make mistakes or god forbid tell lies.
    Yeah, now what was that case where that couple were murdered in Pukekawa and the cops put cartridge cases in the garden? The courts fell for that for years, and then my taxpayer's dollars had to be used to pay Arthur Allan Thomas compensation.

Not that your traffic infringement is on a par with that historic case. But the cops are human, though this one might have made a poor decision at the time and now be reluctant to admit his error.

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    Fight it.

I'm in for $50 if a fine still eventuates.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Looking at those photo's if the copper changes his story just change yours and say yes I did put my foot down. He can't prove it either way!!

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Looking at those photo's if the copper changes his story just change yours and say yes I did put my foot down. He can't prove it either way!!
    Except that have read this thread?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information