Page 6 of 274 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2015

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Got any quotable quotes? Or are you not plying him with enough strong drink?
    There has been far too much strong drink.
    That's why my memory is fuzzy...

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    The Race Director is staying at my place.
    Lots of swearing coming from the garage as he works on his Adventure bike.
    not sick....green with envy,sounds like fun !!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Things are coming to life after the prolonged break. The new Movistar Yamaha livery has been revealed, as has apparently the observation that Lorenzo has lost a lot of weight.

In the next few days the GP circus heads for Sepang. Stoner has been holidaying in Malaya but is heading for Japan for testing.

Both Doohan and Schwantz have expressed the opinion that Miller should replace Pedrosa at Repsol to partner Marquez. Both commented that the three year contract Miller has is very rare and that if Honda had that much faith in the boy they perhaps should have backed their judgement all the way. For those who think that the jump from Moto3 to MotoGP is too big, Doohan commented that he had never ridden 125 or 250 GPs before he rode the 500s.

Rossi thinks that Ducati will be more competitive this year. That could make for some interesting starts because Marquez likes to give the Ducati riders a tow in qualifying to put them between him and his more serious rivals on the grid.

Here's hoping for a good season.

On an unrelated matter, well related to Honda contracts anyway... Honda GB has given Jenny Tinmouth a "factory" ride in BSB which is a first.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/213...15-yamaha.html

Motogp starting to crank up again.
    Kiwi biker racing section has been dead as a maggot for months.
    Go Rossi !!!!!!!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Im buying the Motogp pass this Friday for the year, cannot be arsed gambling on a tv company getting the deal and not showing all details
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    Im buying the Motogp pass this Friday for the year, cannot be arsed gambling on a tv company getting the deal and not showing all details
    I'd wait a coupla weeks...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Well, to keep yourself occupied you can then watch their "classic" races, there are quite a few races from previous years avilable.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Well, to keep yourself occupied you can then watch their "classic" races, there are quite a few races from previous years avilable.

I will actually be extremely busy soon Pritch, all the dots are nearlly joined together again man
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I will actually be extremely busy soon Pritch, all the dots are nearlly joined together again man
    I hope it goes well for you. Still, there are some good races from the back catalogue on the site if you need a fix before the season kicks off.

Rossi says he is focussed on winning and wants a tenth championship. I wish him well too.

This weekend in Britain the first of a two part TV special, "Our Guy In India". Guy Matrin has been touring India on a Royal Enfield. If anyone notices that the programme is showing here could you please give a shout in this thread? Thanks in anticipation.

Bike
    77 XL250

This weekend in Britain the first of a two part TV special, "Our Guy In India". Guy Matrin has been touring India on a Royal Enfield.
    But they speak English over there. How will they understand him?
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Only in the Spanish CEV for now but it's a step in the right direction. Their Moto2 project didn't happen last time because nobody was willing to be the first. This time, hopefully, they'll do very well in the CEV and somebody in Moto2 will be willing to step up and break from the clone bikes.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/raci...ish-cev-moto2/
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/...ring-to-moto2/
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Only in the Spanish CEV for now but it's a step in the right direction. Their Moto2 project didn't happen last time because nobody was willing to be the first. This time, hopefully, they'll do very well in the CEV and somebody in Moto2 will be willing to step up and break from the clone bikes.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/raci...ish-cev-moto2/
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/...ring-to-moto2/

It is the same basic concept of the bike I debut raced at the TT years back built by Mike Tryphonas in the UK. The bucket of his I raced at the TT, used a std GSX750 motor and had a leaking fox shock in the rear. I matched the same lap time as I managed on the rocket ship fast Britten! This chassis suspension is the future in my mind.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    It is the same basic concept of the bike I debut raced at the TT years back built by Mike Tryphonas in the UK. The bucket of his I raced at the TT, used a std GSX750 motor and had a leaking fox shock in the rear. I matched the same lap time as I managed on the rocket ship fast Britten! This chassis suspension is the future in my mind.
    The front ends of the Vyrus and Tryphonas are essentially identical. The problems for them are

• riding them is a bit different to a bike with forks and can take some getting used to
    • tyres are being used to their limit by bikes with forks already so there's nothing there for the funny front ends to exploit
    • the turning circle is farken awful

Others have tried to eliminate the forks before, but usually they were car guys thinking that getting rid of dive under brakes was a good thing, eg the ELF GP bikes. Those sort of highly visible failures have made people very wary of putting money into something different.

Getting rid of the forks could well be the big step that breaks everyone out of making clones. However, on the race track the limiting factor (once riders learn to ride the things) is tyres.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    The front ends of the Vyrus and Tryphonas are essentially identical. The problems for them are

• riding them is a bit different to a bike with forks and can take some getting used to
    • tyres are being used to their limit by bikes with forks already so there's nothing there for the funny front ends to exploit
    • the turning circle is farken awful

Others have tried to eliminate the forks before, but usually they were car guys thinking that getting rid of dive under brakes was a good thing, eg the ELF GP bikes. Those sort of highly visible failures have made people very wary of putting money into something different.

Getting rid of the forks could well be the big step that breaks everyone out of making clones. However, on the race track the limiting factor (once riders learn to ride the things) is tyres.

The settings we ended up with were brilliant on the brakes, I was amazed at how late I could brake, and how far in to the turn I could carry them. Re tyres, I seriously cannot comment there, as road racing and track racing is hugely different as you well know, but the tryphonas was a dream over the mountain which is ridden like a closed track anyway. The Brittens major let down was lack of flex in the front end, making the tyre act like a suspension unit causing shit loads of patter

Re your points in hind sight, YES they are different to get used to for the rider, when sitting still on one, the reaction from input to the bars is the exact opposite action that you think you will get, and CORRECT, the turning radious is very limited, haha lucky in a race we basically go streight eh

The bike in this link will NOT be succesfull though, ( Yes it looks fekin cool) the bike designed and built by Mike Tryphonas would be though. I cannot elaberate any more than that though about it
    Last edited by Shaun Harris; 31st January 2015 at 08:27.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker

Condirmed Entry list

# Rider Nat. Team Machine

4 A DOVIZIOSO ITA DUCATI TEAM DUCATI
    6 S BRADL GER FORWARD RACING FORWARD YAMAHA
    8 H BARBERA SPA AVINTIA RACING DUCATI
    9 D PETRUCCI ITA PRAMAC RACING DUCATI
    15 A DE ANGELIS RSM OCTO IODARACING TEAM ART
    17 K ABRAHAM CZE AB MOTORACING HONDA
    19 A BAUTISTA SPA APRILIA RACING TEAM GRESINI APRILIA
    25 M VINALES SPA TEAM SUZUKI MotoGP SUZUKI
    26 D PEDROSA SPA REPSOL HONDA TEAM HONDA
    29 A IANNONE ITA DUCATI TEAM DUCATI
    33 M MELANDRI ITA APRILIA RACING TEAM GRESINI APRILIA
    35 C CRUTCHLOW UK CWM-LCR HONDA HONDA
    38 B SMITH UK MONSTER YAMAHA TECH 3 YAMAHA
    41 A ESPARGARO SPA TEAM SUZUKI MotoGP SUZUKI
    43 J MILLER AUS CWM- LCR HONDA HONDA
    44 P ESPARGARO SPA MONSTER YAMAHA TECH 3 YAMAHA
    45 S REDDING UK ESTRELLA GALICIA MARC VD HONDA
    46 V ROSSI ITA MOVISTAR YAMAHA MotoGP YAMAHA
    50 E LAVERTY IRISH DRIVE M7 ASPAR HONDA
    63 M DI MEGLIO FRA AVINTIA RACING DUCATI
    68 Y HERNANDEZ COL PRAMAC RACING DUCATI
    69 N HAYDEN USA DRIVE M7 ASPAR HONDA
    76 L BAZ FRA FORWARD RACING FORWARD YAMAHA
    93 M MARQUEZ SPA REPSOL HONDA TEAM HONDA
    99 J LORENZO SPA MOVISTAR YAMAHA MotoGP YAMAHA
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Thread Information