Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual road toll up 44

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r

Annual road toll up 44

Zero speed tolerance at its best.....

44 more roadkills then year before.....

whats next .?

Only people I like to see included in roadtoll is chief popo's...

mind you being braindead, almost same thing...
    Happy new year....!
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    S1000RR
    No tolerance = great success!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    How come we still tolerate these clowns in uniform and braid ....
    Aren't those clowns supposed to do what we elect them to do...?
    Could we please, if only once, tell them where to stick it ?
    are we so numbed down that we take anything?
    even up the arse ?
    shame on us...
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    How come we still tolerate these clowns in uniform and braid ....
    Could we please, if only once, tell them where to stick it ?
    are we so numbed down that we take anything?
    even up the arse ?
    shame on us...
    Amen to that,no doubt coppers at the coal face feel the same.Ive long held your sentiments when it comes to politicians.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    Remind me again. Which election are you talking about? I thought the elections were about political leaders, not uniformed Popos.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Stress people out by tightening up on speed and they get held up by extra slow careful drivers for extended periods of time. Soon they are texting to say they are late or doing dodgy passing to get by. Police speed and push the problem about solves nothing except the gubberments tax flow.

If they cared about us do you think tax on smokes would go up 10% every 6 months or be banned altogether?
    Do you think they would limit new pokey rooms to 12 machines or ban gambling?
    If you think the guy holding the wallet cares about the village idiots your a village idiot.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Stress people out by tightening up on speed and they get held up by extra slow careful drivers for extended periods of time. Soon they are texting to say they are late or doing dodgy passing to get by. Police speed and push the problem about solves nothing except the gubberments tax flow.

If they cared about us do you think tax on smokes would go up 10% every 6 months or be banned altogether?
    Do you think they would limit new pokey rooms to 12 machines or ban gambling?
    If you think the guy holding the wallet cares about the village idiots your a village idiot.
    Police simply do as there told,if those that make the rules gave a fuck about the road toll they would long ago have sorted the drink driving issue ie lack of any fitting punishment until A the drink driver kills someone B the media decides to report on an 11th time convicted drink driver that still hasnt been away etc etc.Worst part of being a copper in my eyes (apart from the endless paperwork) would be having to attend court and watch some geriatric gutlass do gooder and the army of otherwise unemployable do gooderss undo your good work.As A said "shame on us" for putting up with it.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Amen to that,no doubt coppers at the coal face feel the same.
    Indeed Citizen. I agree with a lot of what we do, but some of the focus given to us by the Bwanas is mis placed.

We're each expected to toe the party line, but equally, we each have our personal beliefs.

Bike
    Street tracker
    I've not been out'n'about so much over the Chrimble/NY season, but there seemed to have been far fewer police and camera vans on the roads.

Maybe it was just the roads I've driven?

SH1 between TK and Hampton Downs has seen two serious incidents - the wire barriers in the centre were down in two places, and on the left in one. Given this is a single carriageway stretch, overtaking is unlikely to have been responsible. Dozing, texting or just being a fuckwit who shouldn't have a license seem possible causes.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Indeed Citizen. I agree with a lot of what we do, but some of the focus given to us by the Bwanas is mis placed.

We're each expected to toe the party line, but equally, we each have our personal beliefs.
    No doubt,ive 3 family members front line coppers,no idea what there attitude at work but good buggers out of it,2 family members that work in police comms and another that works in the 111 call center to be honest its the last that can give you the best idea of what we as a country are up against.Road toll threads are at best amusing.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Statistical anomaly. The level has plummeted so much in recent years its yet to find a new consistant median value from one year to the next.
    So many factors at play, recession, weather patterns, fuel prices, new WOF laws maybe influencing buyer/importer choices to newer safer cars....

That oxygen theif lambchops Wilson-clive is now saying its trucks fault the road toll has gone up since hes done pissing off bikers for now with the number plate crap....
    The same Fairfax excuse for journalism article trys to say trucks are responsible for 17% of road toll....

Apparently though more bikers, pedestrians, cyclists and passengers have died this year than normal for their groups....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    2 family members that work in police comms and another that works in the 111 call center to be honest its the last that can give you the best idea of what we as a country are up against.Road toll threads are at best amusing.
    I've had worse dealings with them than actual coppers... don't know what training they get but some of them need to be reminded they are just glorified PA's and not lawyers or cops....
    The best one kept trying to talk over the top of me while I was reading out the number plate of car fleeing crime scene....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    I have sympathy for the Police and what they have to do - they have been given their marching orders by those in higher places and that includes the Minister of Transport.

Yes, speed is a cause of death on our roads, so is inattention; driving when unfit - drunk, drugged, tired, emotional unstable; inexperience; basic inability to control a vehicle, be it bike, car, truck or any other vehicle; inability to follow simple road rules such as stop for a red light. I am sure we could all add a few others to this list.

However the apparent obsession with speed is, in my belief, creating a culture of driving to the speed limit irrespective of the conditions at the time. I would rather see a more rational approach to traffic policing with drivers/riders prosecuted for driving/riding in a manner which is endangering either themselves or others. By that, I mean, doing 100km/h in torrential rain in heavy traffic is more dangerous than doing 110km/h in a well maintained vehicle on a straight wide section of open road on a fine day; unable to stop at Stop signs; tailgating; and the list goes on.

I don't see the above happening until there is a major change in the thinking of very senior people within the MoT. And a change of attitude from many drivers/riders who are probably ready and happy to learn new skills in their job but would resist being told to do any form of upskilling of their riding/driving.

Just my tuppence worth.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I have a theory

A=Forkwits that don't pay attention to the conditions or laws are going to cause accidents at 100kph anyway.
    B=Now we have a new breed of risk takers due to frustration.

A+B=44 more than normal.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by gjm View Post
    SH1 between TK and Hampton Downs has seen two serious incidents - the wire barriers in the centre were down in two places, and on the left in one. Given this is a single carriageway stretch, overtaking is unlikely to have been responsible. Dozing, texting or just being a fuckwit who shouldn't have a license seem possible causes.
    This type of damage to road furniture as you described above, is quite common in holiday periods. As I travel a decent section of the North Island by truck, it's always interesting to note damage to guard rails/fences. Or skid marks leading into the water table on an easy curve...and it makes me wonder whether driving the vehicle was the number one priority of the person in the drivers' seat.

Not always keen to jump to conclusions though, for a few seconds of distraction can make a big change to my day as well

Thread Information