Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AMA Super X

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ View Post
    Man I enjoyed watching Malcolm man handle his 250 around. He hits those whoops like bat out of hell.
    Hecdoes manhandle it doesnt he? Not a lot of flow and style just what appears to be brute force lol

Was Good night
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    more that the track was more broken down for the 450's, they normally fix the track before the mains, so the 250 main is a better track,

its not unusual to see a 250F go faster overall, both Eli Tomac and Dean Wilson did it a couple of years ago, there is some talk that the 450's are to much for SX and the racing would be better if it was all on 250F's Arenacross in the states has gone that way already,
    Arenacross tracks are really small. Not much room to use the kick arse power of a 450.
    A3 tonight!!!!!

Bike
    hopefully bringing something back to NZ

Thumbs up Tickets booked

Booked tickets for Metlife stadium 2nd to last round bring on april.
    [SIGPIC][/SIG

Bike
    2014 KTM300EXC, 2014 KTM250EXC-F
    Good to see Reedy get another win.
    Dungey and Canard on fire again but Roczen and Tomac are looking a little bit rattled after the crashes.
    Reckon Roczen should have stuck with his trainer, that South African Alden Baker knows his stuff.
    Wonder if this is the start of something big for Jeremy Martin on the 250's after taking the MX championship, Marvin did ok considering but will see next week.

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    Interesting to see that RV isn't exactly setting the world on fire in the MXGP. Have only watched the qualifying so far, as slick nick doesn't seem to be covering the MXGP, but he was not much more than an also ran.... Results for the mains look like the same story.

Bike
    92 ZXR 250
    I dont think he will come out and take a championship in his first season, its going to be harder than everyone thinks. Hes way out of his comfort zone, he doesnt have years of experience on the tracks like he does in the AMA. To make matters worse he has a massive X on his back , the euro riders are not going to let him walk all over them and they will be doing all they can to make sure of it. This is going to be the toughest season for him in a long time and im sure he knows it.

Having said that, when he finds his groove, and he will, I have no doubt he will be hard to beat....hes fucking RV, the hardest charging and most determined rider on the planet.

Do you know where I can watch the season online? Im a bit crap , if it aint on youtube then im stuffed lol.

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    He is one racing one season then retiring, it was supposed him going to Europe for a chance to silence the people who reckon Cairolli is faster than he is and win both AMA and FIM championships. He may be fucking RV, but so far it looks like in Europe that doesn't mean much...

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay GTI View Post
    He is one racing one season then retiring, it was supposed him going to Europe for a chance to silence the people who reckon Cairolli is faster than he is and win both AMA and FIM championships. He may be fucking RV, but so far it looks like in Europe that doesn't mean much...
    i dont think its got anything to do with waht people say, he wanted to quit this year but had a year left on his Monster / Kawi contract and his knee would have not been ready for SX, he went to Europe to out run his contract, and get some more fun into racing,

I would not write his title chances off just yet, AC only got 4th on the weekend, I think he will get better for sure, but AC aint won that many titles for nothing,

i think it was a bit of a mistake not racing some of the warm up races like the italian champs,

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    There are a few articles that talked about him going over to show the Euro boys how it's done and give Cairolli a run for his money, but I've certainly read your view a few times as well. There's been enough hype from certain camps about him doing well straight out of the gate that may well be unjustified. Plus, of course, he's an American so it's fair to expect liberal doses of "USA, USA, we're going to kick your Euro asses, USA, USA... ".

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Didn't RV go from dead last (stalled on the gate) to eighth in one of the motos? The last person you should ever count out is RV.

Bike
    SXF250
    Didn't RV go from dead last (stalled on the gate) to eighth in one of the motos? The last person you should ever count out is RV.
    I thought a really interesting article by DV on RV's suspension setup.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    He did slicknick has it up. More true to real dirt riding but I must say the ama super x is a better tv spectical.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    He did slicknick has it up. More true to real dirt riding but I must say the ama super x is a better tv spectical.
    i think SX is much easier to film due to being in a stadium, MX i think never comes out that good on TV, as it does not seem to capture the speed, and they always seem to be missing the action,

Bike
    2012 KX450f
    Any links to the Daytona race floating round?

Thread Information