Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Yamaha MT-07?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cxy View Post
    easy....Big Mac @ Maistone
    OK then, a Yamaha dealer that has some bikes in the shop.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Well the good news is NZ dealers are now getting the "High Output" version - the full-fat non-neutered bike. At $11,995 it's incredibly good value and I think I'll have to head down to Bayride and have a test ride. Still less powerful than I was hoping for my next bike, but I can't think of anything better in the new market for that price.
    That is very good news indeed.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    For 1k less and 110hp z800
    For 1k more a mt09 triple 115hp

Not sure the mt07 full hp bike at 70hp is all that attractive. The issue would be the lams version will retain good value for resale but the full power version maybe not such a good resale.

They look good though.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    suzuki
    anyone racing one in protwins ?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    anyone racing one in protwins ?
    Likely haven't been available long enough for that yet.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Until they run out - that is a super-limited offer, and yes a very good one.

Well, $2k more, and they're quite a different class of bike. But I get your point - I'd probably stretch and get the 09 myself.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post

Well, $2k more, and they're quite a different class of bike. But I get your point - I'd probably stretch and get the 09 myself.
    I think they are 1k more at the moment. The mt07 full power is dearer than the lams version and the mt09 is reduced price.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Full fat? Good news. I'm gonna hang out for the MT07 Tracer, though. The replacement for my TDM need not have more power but must have less weight.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I would be somewhat guarded about the z800. It's better than the z750 but that was unviversally decreed to ba a dog in the dead tree world.

It is good news that the full phat MT-07 is available - another option.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

Not sure the mt07 full hp bike at 70hp is all that attractive. The issue would be the lams version will retain good value for resale but the full power version maybe not such a good resale.

They look good though.
    I think they are 1k more at the moment. The mt07 full power is dearer than the lams version and the mt09 is reduced price.
    The MT-09 is hugely compromised so I'm not surprised the price has dropped. It's stellar reviews are largely down to the shock that Yamaha did something innovative by copying a British bike and installing crap suspension and terrible fueling but a bigger engine to try and hide the deficit. However you're still left spending $3-4k to fix suspension and fueling, so the apparent price difference is much higher between the 09 and 07. The Tracer addresses most of those issues (apparently) but is more expensive again.

I quite like the Z800 but having had to spend stupid amounts of money on my Z750 to make it handle and breathe and then realise that is was still fat and ugly, puts me off "cheap" Kawasakis. The Versys is at least silly, ugly, fun, and will wheelie in the bottom two gears with a little provocation where the Z750 needed to be strangled and spanked at the same time to make it stand up and it still wouldn't make eggs in the morning or iron your shirt.

The MT-07 is like the Versys. More than the sum of its parts. Expectations are low for the Versys, as they probably are for the MT-07, so exceeding those expectations is a very happy moment indeed.

Thread Information