Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Police admit knocking motorcyclist off bike

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post
    This is not about whether he was an evil drug dealer, it's about choosing to continue instead of stopping like a normal law abiding citizen
    I know that. My point is that the PR machine can paint a picture that justifies the action after the event.

I try to post in a way that doesn't insult the audience.

Knocking him off, even at "low speed", is a dubious practice. If this one event caught someone with drugs then it becomes the starting point of a litany that includes the "fact" that motorcyclists doing runners are druggies or drug dealers, thereby justifying an action that can cause serious injury, even at low speed.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    Boooooorrrrrringgggggg

Fuckwit gets some shit happening to him.

Liberal motorcyclists on the Internet throw insults

Dude was a cock. Fuck him
    "I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it." -- Erwin Schrodinger talking about quantum mechanics.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    +1 This posts sums up my thoughts and concerns about this practice nicely.

It's not ok to deliberately knock someone off the bike. It can cause serious injuries and people have died after tipping a bike over while stopped. There's far worst criminals out their than bikers who don't stop. The pursuit should have ended if it became so dangerous that the only option was to knock the bike over with a police vehicle.
    Na, sorry, you can't simply pull up behind someone/anyone bike or car and ask them politely to stop and that be an end to it!
    Might as well send all of the guys and girls in blue home and give everyone a gun.
    Pursuit initiated, vehicle identified, requested to stop, blue and reds, loud hailer etc, twice, take them out, end of subject. lets not forget, it was a low speed punt, not a full blooded ram raid get him at any cost, it was a sensible and thought out act that stopped an offender.
    Finding drugs warrants etc after the event, bonus and this way no one is in any doubt, being chased by Police? good idea would be to stop and do as you are told.
    As for there being far worse criminals out there, the result here would indicate that this rider is one of those "far worse" types and this is.
    A typical of that type, run, not stop, defy until someone else is killed or injured and then get lawyered up and go to court.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Pursuit initiated, vehicle identified, requested to stop, blue and reds, loud hailer etc, twice, take them out, end of subject.

Pretty much my view on the matter.

If you deliberately fail to stop, actively try and evade the police, well, you forfeit all of your rights and deserve whatever may, or may not happen to you............

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Na, sorry, you can't simply pull up behind someone/anyone bike or car and ask them politely to stop and that be an end to it!
    Might as well send all of the guys and girls in blue home and give everyone a gun
    It's actually common practice by police forces outside of NZ to break the pursuit off when it's engaging lives. The rider/driver are included in that assessment.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    It was not good from the perspective that it has never been police policy to chase motorcyclists to the point where they will be knocked off if they don't stop. In the event this knocking the guy off is found to be reasonable after an investigation it will then become a good incentive for motorcyclists to stop which cant be a bad thing can it. Out of fairness though they would have to apply the same to fleeing car drivers too if they or motorcyclists don't crash themselves anyway.
    What have you done with cassina???

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    If he'd pulled over in the first place as "instructed" to do the whole thing wouldn't have happened. If you are going to run because of a guilty conscience or for shits and giggles...
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike

This thread...

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Da fuck????

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Wassa pwoblem? You expecticating some regurgitated posts?
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    On the other side of the coin though, what if he had come off at speed and was seriously injured/killed whilst the cops were chasing him?
    Surely the lesser of two evils.......
    If he had crashed and burned while being pursued he would have got what he deserved IMO. I am not an advocate of the runner.

My reading of the article in the "media" tell me he made a bad turn and was actually stopped when he was knocked off his bike. The Police in this chase were out of line! Bikers are bad ok? Get used to it.

Sure, this idiot was found to have drugs once he picked himself off the tarmac. IDIOT is as idiot does.

Knocking a biker off his bike attempting to stop him is inexcusable. Forget the fucking speed will ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Knocking him off, even at "low speed", is a dubious practice. If this one event caught someone with drugs then it becomes the starting point of a litany that includes the "fact" that motorcyclists doing runners are druggies or drug dealers, thereby justifying an action that can cause serious injury, even at low speed.
    Your drawing a long bow here. for ages Police have been doing similar stuff to cars with the moving block technique. Now while they have road spiked innocent motorists at times and their own patrol cars they have never moving blocked an innocent car. So the likelihood of innocent biker getting deliberately knocked off doesn't even register on scale of probability.

Failing to stop is a criminal offence so any minor tumbles is no different to a normal crim resisting arrest getting a few knocks on the way down.... non issue.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Police not knowing why he failed to stop at the time and chose to instead stop him, knocking him off when they spotted an opportunity to cause the least damage to the rider but prevent further chance of endangerment to the public.

Fair call.

Could have been any reason behind failure to stop. Rider choice was to try evade so rider takes risks. He owned the risk and it didn't pay off. Bad Luck.

If the risk for failing to stop was restricted to only riders ability to run then everyone would take the number plate off their bike and enjoy the freedom of lawlessness at other peoples risk not just their own.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    No one was killed.
    But ACC will still list it as a Motorcycle accident in their statistics ..
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    If he'd pulled over in the first place as "instructed" to do the whole thing wouldn't have happened. If you are going to run because of a guilty conscience or for shits and giggles...
    But ... isn't his "Right" to run from the Police ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information