Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Police admit knocking motorcyclist off bike

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    But ... isn't his "Right" to run from the Police ...
    Yeah an look where it 'LEFT' him?

He's just a dickhead, no doubt the outcome woulda been the same if the half wit had been on four wheels, cept we wouldn't be bitchin about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Worst thing is the rider will claim ACC for any injury from being knocked off (probably get a 5 year sickness benefit out of it ....) - another ACC motorcycle stat

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Worst thing is the rider will claim ACC for any injury from being knocked off (probably get a 5 year sickness benefit out of it ....) - another ACC motorcycle stat
    Yeah ya probably right on that AB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Did they change the law? I think ACC is no longer an option if injury occurs during a criminal activity. I could be wrong because i am losing smarties every day I survive now.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Sigh. You don't get any less literal with age, do you?
    Your argument was persuasive. But he didn't die. He did fail to stop. I wouldn't want to speculate too much on the rest of the article, as the press often write an article with a point of view than something which is balanced and factual.

Ultimately it was this motorcyclist that contributed towards the colouring issue that you described.

I'm not happy with the Police knocking a parked motorcyclist off his bike - but ultimately it is the motorcyclist himself that I find acted in an unacceptable manner.

The old personal responsibility argument I guess.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Fuck. This incident wasn't worth two threads. Even on KB.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CB1300
    Maybe I'm a bit simple. It wasn't clear to me weather the police car knocking him over was intentional or accidental.

Intentional as a variation of a PIT manoeuvre I am all for provided it is reasonable to believe he knew he was being stopped. Shit, imagine being a deaf rider...

I feel sad when people doing runners are let go because they drive too fast. The message it sends is of your enough of a cock you can have another go at being one.

No one likes collateral damage but I do wonder how many of today's criminals still would be if we took away the softly softly approach.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    Your argument was persuasive. But he didn't die. He did fail to stop. I wouldn't want to speculate too much on the rest of the article, as the press often write an article with a point of view than something which is balanced and factual.

Ultimately it was this motorcyclist that contributed towards the colouring issue that you described.

I'm not happy with the Police knocking a parked motorcyclist off his bike - but ultimately it is the motorcyclist himself that I find acted in an unacceptable manner.

The old personal responsibility argument I guess.
    I didn't suggest he did die. Hence my comment about your literal response.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo NZ View Post
    No No No No.

Just read that article.
    He was doing 118 and then took off.
    Yeah yeah .. I get that .. my point is that 118 hardly justifies the beat-up language of the news media ...

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    If you are going to run because of a guilty conscience or for shits and giggles...
    That was why I did a runner once - for shits and giggles (still got caught anyway ...)

Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    But ACC will still list it as a Motorcycle accident in their statistics ..
    He was not injured - therefore no ACC claim .. therefore no ACC statistics .. (don't you fuckers read with comprehension ??? Or don't you read?)
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Maybe I'm a bit simple. It wasn't clear to me weather the police car knocking him over was intentional or accidental.

Intentional as a variation of a PIT manoeuvre I am all for provided it is reasonable to believe he knew he was being stopped. Shit, imagine being a deaf rider...

I feel sad when people doing runners are let go because they drive too fast. The message it sends is of your enough of a cock you can have another go at being one.

No one likes collateral damage but I do wonder how many of today's criminals still would be if we took away the softly softly approach.

Every study into Police chases comes to the same conclusion. Let them go. More people, both Police and innocent bystanders, get hurt than anyone being apprehended. Actively knocking people off motorcycles is utter stupidity. Condoning this as standard practice because the alleged crim did something wrong is a sure sign of a very sick society.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    CB1300
    Every study into Police chases comes to the same conclusion. Let them go. More people, both Police and innocent bystanders, get hurt than anyone being apprehended. Actively knocking people off motorcycles is utter stupidity. Condoning this as standard practice because the alleged crim did something wrong is a sure sign of a very sick society.
    Obviously MFAT agrees with you.
    This is a very complicated issue and one that cannot be answered with a blanket policy either way.

I don't support having a set of criteria that a chase is automatically called off. E.g at 150 let them go. If it's that simple it encourages runners to run faster.

I do support frontline officers making the call, or having a set of guidelines beyond which they need approval to continue a pursuit.

Given how often the alleged offender crashes seconds after a chase is called off perhaps all chases should be called off sooner?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The answer to the question, "Why would a cop deliberately knock a guy of a motor bike?" is the same as the answer to the question, "Why does a dog lick his balls?"
    The answer is, "Because he can."
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    I don't know that deliberately knocking a motorcyclist off their bike would be considered a standard practice. As pointed out the article didn't indicate whether the action was intentional or not, remember none of us were there so did not witness what happened with our own eyes (had been a large juicy contentious bone in a few threads lately).
    Maybe some of our resident cops here could comment on "standard practice" for dealing with two wheeled runners.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Africa Twin DCT.
    Evade the Police at high speed while in possession of drugs = Bad Police for chasing that person to a point they exceeded the posted speed limits.

Crash while evading Police = Polices fault due to pushing said person beyond their limits.

Crash and injure ones self = Polices fault due to pushing said person beyond their limits.

Crash and maim or kill member of the public while being chased = Polices fault because they elected to start the chase resulting in pushing said person beyond their limits.

Chase and do not catch person in question = Bad Police for not apprehending imminent threat to the general public based on how far the Police pushed the chase speed against the conditions at the time.

Push said person off motorcycle while it is stationary which might be regarded as the safest time to end said chase with minimum risk to all parties = Bad Police, what if said motorcycle had fallen onto panel or other part of public funded Police car resulting in costly repairs.

You know the world is !@#$ed when a innocent until proven guilty citizen is goaded into a chase by the Police, that's what happened, right ?

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TLDV8 View Post
    ...... Bad Police for chasing that person to a point they exceeded the posted speed limits.

...= Polices fault due to pushing said person beyond their limits.

... Polices fault due to pushing said person beyond their limits.

... Polices fault because they elected to start the chase resulting in pushing said person beyond their limits.

... Bad Police for not apprehending imminent threat ...
    ... Bad Police, what if said motorcycle had fallen onto panel or other part of public funded Police car resulting in costly repairs.

You know the world is !@#$ed when a innocent until proven guilty citizen is goaded into a chase by the Police, that's what happened, right ?
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Thread Information