Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Police admit knocking motorcyclist off bike

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by TLDV8 View Post

You know the world is !@#$ed when a innocent until proven guilty citizen is goaded into a chase by the Police, that's what happened, right ?
    No. Said person was guilty of speeding and guilty of possessing illicit drugs. (only the police did not know about the drugs.)

The police knew they were guilty of the first offence ... hence the chase ... the rider did not want the police to find out they were guilty of the second offence ... hence they ran.

As soon as they ran they were guilty of a third offence - failing to stop ... they were not goaded .. they made the choice (as I have done in the past) to run rather than to stop.
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I do support frontline officers making the call, or having a set of guidelines beyond which they need approval to continue a pursuit.
    The officer at the frontline in a pursuit is not the one who should be making the call to continue. They are too influenced by the moment. The decision to continue is best made by someone with a clear head based on the information being feed back from the front line.

Bike
    Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    It's not ok to deliberately knock someone off the bike. It can cause serious injuries and people have died after tipping a bike over while stopped. There's far worst criminals out their than bikers who don't stop. The pursuit should have ended if it became so dangerous that the only option was to knock the bike over with a police vehicle.
    What's your point? People have died slipping off their 2-step deck on a rainy morning. They've died (or worse, gotten paralyzed) slippingin the shower. Might as well live in a bubble.

Would you be singing the same tune if this fuckwit had run head on into some innocent party and caused death or other serious injury?

Dumbarse ran from cops, in a place where it was unsafe to do so. He got what was coming to him.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    No. Said person was guilty of speeding and guilty of possessing illicit drugs. (only the police did not know about the drugs.)

The police knew they were guilty of the first offence ... hence the chase ... the rider did not want the police to find out they were guilty of the second offence ... hence they ran.

As soon as they ran they were guilty of a third offence - failing to stop ... they were not goaded .. they made the choice (as I have done in the past) to run rather than to stop.
    Oh, I thought his post was a p/t
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
    What's your point? People have died slipping off their 2-step deck on a rainy morning. They've died (or worse, gotten paralyzed) slippingin the shower. Might as well live in a bubble
    There's a difference between me slipping down a set of stairs and you pushing me down a set of stairs.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepLogic View Post
    There's a difference between me slipping down a set of stairs and you pushing me down a set of stairs.
    But if you were standing at the top with a dangerous weapon idd push you down the stairs.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... He was not injured - therefore no ACC claim .. therefore no ACC statistics .. (don't you fuckers read with comprehension ??? Or don't you read?)
    He would have been checked over for any injuries after the accident by a doctor. This is to ensure the riders safety in case at a later stage ... an injury becomes apparent. Such medical checks are kept on record. Thus WILL feature in non-injury MOTORCYCLE accidents.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex

*whoooosh*

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    what , no 140 tolerance ??? bastards !

'Moment of stupidity'
    A Hamilton man caught driving at 240kmh says he will never do it again.
    STUFF.CO.NZ

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I don't know that deliberately knocking a motorcyclist off their bike would be considered a standard practice. As pointed out the article didn't indicate whether the action was intentional or not, remember none of us were there so did not witness what happened with our own eyes (had been a large juicy contentious bone in a few threads lately).
    Maybe some of our resident cops here could comment on "standard practice" for dealing with two wheeled runners.
    Was there a clarification of standard practice?
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    Maybe some of our resident cops here could comment on "standard practice" for dealing with two wheeled runners.
    Me?
    Give it a squirt to see if the biker will stop, if not I keep going at a slower pace and call ahead to the next unit.
    Eventually they fall off the road somewhere between two units.

Down here it can be hard for an 'out of towner' to figure out a place to hide - or to figure out some bends.

And when the constant pressures on they seem to over-shoot/run wide on some bend.

The flattened grass and scrape-marks on the gravel verge points to where they ended up.

Rough on the bike, so far luckily not too rough on the rider...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Me?
    Give it a squirt to see if the biker will stop, if not I keep going at a slower pace and call ahead to the next unit.
    Eventually they fall off the road somewhere between two units.

Down here it can be hard for an 'out of towner' to figure out a place to hide - or to figure out some bends.

And when the constant pressures on they seem to over-shoot/run wide on some bend.

The flattened grass and scrape-marks on the gravel verge points to where they ended up.

Rough on the bike, so far luckily not too rough on the rider...
    And not rough on you either ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    what , no 140 tolerance ??? bastards !

'Moment of stupidity'
    STUFF.CO.NZ
    Damn straight! He wants to hit 299 now. 240 is old hat

Bike
    GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    'Moment of stupidity'
    STUFF.CO.NZ
    I thought the suspension would be longer than 9 months. I thought getting clocked at that speed would remove your license and have to resit it when allowed. Good to know they don't impound the vehicle here.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries

Blah

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Damn straight! He wants to hit 299 now. 240 is old hat
    Pffft. Slow old car, not sure you could get a stock Falcon to do that (unless gravity and a Hercules were involved). 299 is a magic number to GSXR owners, that's where the speedo stops, and then you watch the revs bend another 1000 RPM past that…
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Thread Information