Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jetstar Auckland-Queenstown helmet carry on?

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ 400

Jetstar Auckland-Queenstown helmet carry on?

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of taking a helmet on Jetstar as carry on? (It is a dual sport helmet so not the smallest).

Cheers

F

Bike
    various
    If were you I'd get it in writing from Jetstar. Their cs is unpredictably shabby beyond belief. It will only take one rep with a hangover to wreck your plans.
    Insert witticism.

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    As long as it can fit where it is supposed to and you have just the one, I think it shouldn't be a problem.
    I took mine down to CHC but it was on a larger A/C.

And if it isn't allowed, try and fit it where it is not supposed to.....

The hungover ground staff agent...
    Good luck!

Bike
    Yep! Sweet as.

And it's not carry on, it's yer hat! Stylish SOB and all that

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Arrive at check-in with plenty of time to spare. Check-in staff will close the gate on you even if a minute late, and even if the plane sits on the apron for thirty minutes after supposed departure time.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ 400
    Thanks Pete, I have been on a plane before and watched enough of those pommie airline shows.

Bike
    a red heap
    tried 0800jetstar?

Bike
    A black one
    I did this on an international flight to the islands with Air NZ so I assume it would be okay.

I emailed Air NZ to confirm though and I even printed out the email just in case they questioned me about it. Might pay to try the same.

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    Just wear it, for religious reasons.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Put your lid in the helmet baggie that came with it - I've never had an issue carrying on a lid. Make sure you take a shaggy jumper with you, and then protect the lid with it when it's in the overhead. Otherwise some suited bespectacled fucktard will dig his cheap briefcase into it.

I did have a problem trying to carry on some Marchesini wheels on a flight from Wgtn to Auckland. Luckily, I was travelling with Paul Dobbs and he helped me remove an incredibly expensive Cisco Switch from its box, and we loaded the wheels in instead, and let the uber expensive switch travel naked. Thankfully, my wheels arrived in one piece and the insurance claim for the Cisco was only small. Man, that guy could ride, and he was a good bastard to work with.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    JETSTAR?????
    Well MY Partners Xmas trip to Welly didn't go all that smooth on the 29th December??

I've done a bit of flying so have and know the regulation size bags.
    Left her the tail pack to put her gear its less than 1/2 the size of the allowed cabin bag and has fold away straps like a packpack.
    Mainly so I didnt have to lug it to Whanga's and we could chuck it on the bike at Welly Airport
    She carried her textiles and helmet in my helmet bag.
    She wasn't sure so she phoned and explained. All OK no problem. For some reason she called again same answer, all well before I left on Xmas day.
    At check in showed the lady her stuff NO problem.

Got to the boarding gate Problem??? WTF the last hurdle.
    She said well I can put all the stuff on and you can watch me faint in the heat.
    But why the heck didn't someone tell me the 2 times a rang and when I asked at check in, why when I'm at the plane door??
    Long Story short the lady behind her had no carry on so she took the pants and jacket on as hers.
    She could have worn them over her shorts and t shirt but to let this situation go till you get to the plane door after all those checks is a little Screwed up.
    Cheers Jetstar
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Street tracker
    Aside from the carry on, and it is a carry-on , try to be sure your flight will actually fly.

I have had two Jetstar flights, AUK-WEL, cancelled while sitting in the airport. Takes them at least two weeks to refund the fare, and costs a fortune to switch to a later flight with another carrier. The days of the cheap last-minute ticket seem long gone.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gjm View Post
    Aside from the carry on, and it is a carry-on , try to be sure your flight will actually fly.

I have had two Jetstar flights, AUK-WEL, cancelled while sitting in the airport. Takes them at least two weeks to refund the fare, and costs a fortune to switch to a later flight with another carrier. The days of the cheap last-minute ticket seem long gone.
    I'm amazed anyone flies Jetstar. I've flown for work about 200 times last year alone, not one of them on JetStar.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    I had no problem getting from Gisborne to Dunedin recently.

I was wearing my kevlar jeans and Kevlar-denim jacket on the plane, all I had to do was take off the vest and carried the helmut with me.

It was just the beachcraft from Gisborne to Wtn that space was tight.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Did the exact flight last year with my bike gear. I was allowed to take it on as carry on (Had it in my helmet bag think they must have thought it counts as a laptop bag or something.!) and wore my bike jacket onto the flight!. I don't think you will have any issues. But then again it's Jetstar and they are temperamental as hell...
    >.<

Thread Information