Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who does suspension tuning in Auckland?

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    If you're ordering the standard Ohlins offering for a particular bike Robert would set that shock for your height, weight, and riding style. Doubt he needs a shock dyno for that.

Then again I'm totally guessing...

It'd pay to give him a ring, I'm not sure how he'd respond to someone turning up with a lot of stuff they'd bought from somewhere else but there's only one way to find out.
    find out over the next couple of weekends at Puke and HD, but I suspect they will be better than the Icon/Konis.

What is a suspension dyno anyhow?

I got them off RT ., set up for my weight...how would height come into it?, the track don't care how tall I am...
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    2012, H-D, FXDF Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Some are air suspension actually... Might explain why they can't go around corners

Zamian, I know you asked for Auckland, but in terms of knowledge of suspension, you may want to widen your field. See if Robert Taylor in New Plymouth would work on it. In terms of suspension, he has all the tools including shock dyno etc. I doubt you'd find many with more knowledge in NZ
    Funnily enough I'm originally from Taranaki and my Hagons came from KBK in New Plymouth (NZ distributor for them is in New Plymouth as well). Might be a sign I need to go see my Mother who lives in New Plymouth.

Thanks
    David
    HD Fat Bob for Stress Relief

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I'm not sure how he'd respond to someone turning up with a lot of stuff they'd bought from somewhere else but there's only one way to find out.
    Well, my suspension was largely stuff bought from somewhere else, and he was cool with it, but in the end it seemed to be easier and more to work with known bits'n'pieces, so the Showa front forks ended up with Ohlins springs (the Sonics were too stiff), and Racetech bits, and the Elka rear shock ended up with Ohlins internals. Yeah, I wasted a LOT of money, but that's my fault for not just going there in the first place.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Thread Information