Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Middleweight sports bike/tourer?

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by imac View Post
    If you are under 25 expect to get reamed for insurance. Expect to get reamed anyway in fact
    Only just, but I was expecting it anyway. I get reamed for insurance here already.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianW View Post
    And the bike hire ain't cheap either - around £150/day and whatever security deposit £'s the hire shop withholds in the event of cosmetic damage from stone chips etc. There's one shop near Heathrow that's well known for very punitive hire terms.
    I figured this would be the case - won't be looking at hiring unless it's dirt dirt cheap. I won't be getting anything for the first few months but as soon as I'm settled in somewhere I'm planning on getting somethin.

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Yamaha FJ-09. Looking seriously............
    These are fairly new right? I'm guessing they'll be out of my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Get a TDM. Cheap, effective, reliable. Does whatever you want to do when you ride. Tour, scratch, commute, gravel, very easy bike to live with and to drab for thieves. Sound great with decent pipes, too.
    Just sayin.
    Haven't looked into these at all but will add it to the list! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Agreed. My cbr600f got better fuel consumption than the vfr400, and about the same as the bros 400. Best was the er6f though
    Quite like the look of the ER6F and it would fit into my budget. Only thing I'd be worried about is if it could handle a bunch of luggage/panniers bolted to it.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imac View Post
    If you are under 25 expect to get reamed for insurance. Expect to get reamed anyway in fact
    When I was under 25, insurance said, ah, under 25. When I passed that mark, insurance said, ah, under 30.

Now I'm just over 30... still costs because of the value of the bike and an incident or two
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    A black one
    So long as the insurance isn't more than what I pay here I think I'll be alright. I pay $800 a year at the moment for full cover.

Bike
    bandit
    Gawd .. I pay around $800 a year all up to insure two bikes ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    So long as the insurance isn't more than what I pay here I think I'll be alright. I pay $800 a year at the moment for full cover.

I'm under 25 and pay just over $400 a year for full cover on a thou.

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Quite like the look of the ER6F and it would fit into my budget. Only thing I'd be worried about is if it could handle a bunch of luggage/panniers bolted to it.
    I have been on trips with the wife on the back as well as pack rack and backpack? What would be your concerns? It has a decent amount of poke and a number of them come with pack racks, as well they have stock handholds that you could use to secure things on the rear seat if need be, and panniers are easy as to chuck off the sides...

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Amateurs, I'm somewhere around $1200-1400 for a single bike, 1200cc... and over 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    I'm guessing some of the difference might come from insured value, plus perhaps area where I live. On paper my address probably looks sketchy to insurers but it's the polar opposite. My guess at least. Plus I don't know if not-at-fault accidents account to a higher premium but I'd assume not.

I have been on trips with the wife on the back as well as pack rack and backpack? What would be your concerns? It has a decent amount of poke and a number of them come with pack racks, as well they have stock handholds that you could use to secure things on the rear seat if need be, and panniers are easy as to chuck off the sides...
    You've essentially answered most of my concerns right there. I've never ridden a bike with a top box/panniers either so I didn't know if these bikes had an allowance to fit them.

A mate used to have one though and I reckon they're tidy bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Amateurs, I'm somewhere around $1200-1400 for a single bike, 1200cc... and over 30
    Is it because your bike is worth a bajillion dollars perchance?

Bike
    Sold
    Is it because your bike is worth a bajillion dollars perchance?
    It's the scrap value of all the iron work and accessories hanging off Gremlin's bike that does it

Bike
    2000 Honda cbr 600 f
    Agreed. My cbr600f got better fuel consumption than the vfr400, and about the same as the bros 400. Best was the er6f though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What's your fuel consumption for your cbr600f?

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by haydes55 View Post
    So ... you need to grow up ... (hang on .. that's "grow older" ...)
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    What's your fuel consumption for your cbr600f?
    Roughly 21km/l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information