SPEED TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    There was a bike?
    There was two in each image
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    2023 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401

Trigger = PULLED!

Well, that thread went off on a tangent. Not that I'm complaining mind...

Anyway, thanks Crasherfromwayback for the offer of a free flight to Welly, but work will be flying me down there enough anyway, and it's just convenient for me to have the same dealer whom I bought it off just down the road, and will get them to do all the servicing etc too. Plus they have the white/grey in stock, and still doing for the special price even though it's gone back up on Suzuki NZ's website... And they're trading in the YW50 for me, so it's one less thing to deal with.
    AAAAAaaanyway, long story short, pre-midlife crisis must be kicking in, cos I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on this today. Pick it up tomorrow morning with fresh new Reg, WOF, and full tank of 98!
    Oohhhh YEEEAH! My first new ...well, anything of significance, really.

So where is that Friday night Auckland ride again????

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by samgab View Post
    Well, that thread went off on a tangent. Not that I'm complaining mind...

Anyway, thanks Crasherfromwayback for the offer of a free flight to Welly, but work will be flying me down there enough anyway, and it's just convenient for me to have the same dealer whom I bought it off just down the road, and will get them to do all the servicing etc too. Plus they have the white/grey in stock, and still doing for the special price even though it's gone back up on Suzuki NZ's website... And they're trading in the YW50 for me, so it's one less thing to deal with.
    AAAAAaaanyway, long story short, pre-midlife crisis must be kicking in, cos I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on this today. Pick it up tomorrow morning with fresh new Reg, WOF, and full tank of 98!
    Oohhhh YEEEAH! My first new ...well, anything of significance, really.

So where is that Friday night Auckland ride again????
    Nice work mate! Huge congrats to ya. They look great in that colour...we have one on the floor too. Bargin of the year for sure! Don't listen to the guys up there if they tell you to run it in, Wring it's fucking neck from day one. Hope you have a fantastic time with it mate.

Pete

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Nice work mate! Huge congrats to ya. They look great in that colour...we have one on the floor too. Bargin of the year for sure! Don't listen to the guys up there if they tell you to run it in, Wring it's fucking neck from day one. Hope you have a fantastic time with it mate.

Pete
    Cheers mate. About buying the white... I agree it looks superb and I personally like it better than the decal'd up blue, but I'm concerned that it might have a lower resale value due to being a little bland, and not as showy as the blue/fluro, which some people want when they're getting a bike like this. But resale value won't be an issue for quite a few years down the track anyway, so whatever.
    Thanks for the advice too, but I think I'll at least start out on "B" mode... Call me a pussy, but I'll ease into it a bit... Wait; phrasing?

Any things I should know, tips, tricks etc about the Gixxer?

I like the slipper clutch. I've ridden one or two high compression bikes without that, and things got a bit hairy when downshifting in the wet down a hill sometimes... Two things I'm not a fan of on the instrument panel are that there's no fuel gauge, and when you put the trip meter or odo up on the display, the clock goes away. But I'll live with that, not biggies. I also have no idea how to set up the suspension properly for me with all the adjustment settings, but I'll try to teach myself that stuff.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by samgab View Post

Any things I should know, tips, tricks etc about the Gixxer?

I like the slipper clutch. I've ridden one or two high compression bikes without that, and things got a bit hairy when downshifting in the wet down a hill sometimes... Two things I'm not a fan of on the instrument panel are that there's no fuel gauge, and when you put the trip meter or odo up on the display, the clock goes away. But I'll live with that, not biggies. I also have no idea how to set up the suspension properly for me with all the adjustment settings, but I'll try to teach myself that stuff.
    Beat the shit out of it. And yep...slipper clutches are ace on high comp bikes. Don't mess with the suspension until you've done a few hundred km's. The seals (The stiction...a Honda word) hold quite firm on the fork legs/shock shaft from new. Once settled in you're have a fair better idea of how it feels for your weight/riding. Enjoy!

Bike
    A black one
    Just out of interest - are there ever any demos of these available? Last time I went in none of the dealers bothered having demos as these were pretty hot. I'd love to test ride a 600 or a 750 to see the difference.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    Just out of interest - are there ever any demos of these available? Last time I went in none of the dealers bothered having demos as these were pretty hot. I'd love to test ride a 600 or a 750 to see the difference.
    Coleman's has a demo 750 if you're in Auckland. No demo 600's though. They had 2 blue and 2 white 2015 model 600's (one less white one now) and they have a new 2014 model 600 at the same price but with included ORC's and a slip-on go-loud muffler, can't remember what brand. I opted for the 2015 as I want it to still be quiet when I'm not fanging it.

My one had 4 Kms on the clock when I picked it up.
    Been for a little bit of a ride today, and oh wow, does it go! Even taking it gently because of breaking it in and new tyres. I'm going to be pretty kind to it for the first 1000kms until the first service is done. Even so, it's the fastest thing I've ever ridden. But stable and safe feeling too, and the clutch is light and the brakes so responsive, that riding around the city in traffic was no more difficult than an old FXR150 I used to have. So far, a very nice unit, I'm impressed.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Good stuff. The white is great - the blue will look dated in a couple of years - like those 90's fluro stickered sports bikes.

Don;t baby it too much - once it is at operating temp let it spin - the worst thing you could do that motor is lug it around.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post

Don;t baby it too much - once it is at operating temp let it spin - the worst thing you could do that motor is lug it around.
    I've never, in all of the bikes bikes I've beaten to death...caused a single one any damage due to being raped from day one. Just the opposite. They've all been jets.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I purchased a new Z750 in 1982 for $3999 and sold it 23 years later for $4k.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I bought a CB750 new in 1982 for $5000 and sold it 23 years later for $1000.
    Wow your old.

Thread Information