Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So tempted to get a new L5 GSX-R600

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    I'm almost tempted to get one of these, such a good price for so much bike.

But I'm torn, do I try and re-live my youth which was spent wringing the guts out of an Impulse ( still my fav bike that I've owned ) or stick with the lazy sedate linear power of the SV ( which I also love ).

Wish I could have em both and an RZ350 oh well, dreams are free...

Rant over.

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by samgab View Post
    Coleman's has a demo 750 if you're in Auckland. No demo 600's though. They had 2 blue and 2 white 2015 model 600's (one less white one now) and they have a new 2014 model 600 at the same price but with included ORC's and a slip-on go-loud muffler, can't remember what brand. I opted for the 2015 as I want it to still be quiet when I'm not fanging it.

My one had 4 Kms on the clock when I picked it up.
    Been for a little bit of a ride today, and oh wow, does it go! Even taking it gently because of breaking it in and new tyres. I'm going to be pretty kind to it for the first 1000kms until the first service is done. Even so, it's the fastest thing I've ever ridden. But stable and safe feeling too, and the clutch is light and the brakes so responsive, that riding around the city in traffic was no more difficult than an old FXR150 I used to have. So far, a very nice unit, I'm impressed.
    Cheers for the heads up - might go pay them a visit to try out the 750.

Congrats on the new bike btw, I favoured the white over the other colours too. Enjoy it!

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    The white colour scheme is shit hot, I agree that it will hold value better than blue just by looking more modern for longer.

Bike
    2023 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    Cheers for the heads up - might go pay them a visit to try out the 750.

Congrats on the new bike btw, I favoured the white over the other colours too. Enjoy it!
    Cheers. I seriously recommend doing so... It's really easy to ride - as easy as a commuter bike - and it goes like stink, and it hasn't even loosened up yet... For the price, I couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    The white colour scheme is shit hot, I agree that it will hold value better than blue just by looking more modern for longer.
    Cheers. I immediately liked the white better, both in pics, and in the flesh. Also, it's a really nice pearlescent metallic fleck white too, not a flat white. And that's what I thought, that the graphical one will date really fast. Next year the racers will have a new colour scheme, and the blue/fluro will just look old. White/grey is a pretty timeless combo.

Bike
    Between bikes
    So tempting. Out of all the reasons to get into debt, this is perhaps the best.....
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    So tempting. Out of all the reasons to get into debt, this is perhaps the best.....
    I'll fly you here and ply you with drinks!

Bike
    2023 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401
    Very glad I didn't do this when I picked it up the first time:

Thread Information