Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Why housing costs are so ridiculously high

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Get ready for a huge price increase for new houses.
    New workplace Safety Reform due to start about July.
    Just had a short training course and my workplace is going to be about 25% less efficient.
    Ill be required to wear safety glasses and gloves 100% of the time. Cant wait to fit off electronics in gloves.

http://www.mbie.govt.nz/what-we-do/w...-safety-reform
    Yup. New reforms are on the way. I did the course a few weeks back. It will make things very real for those that have done nothing and hurt somebody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by blue rider View Post
    so another house in my street is on the market.

it was sold in November for 690.000, and has been empty since. A bit of color on the fence, some trimming of the trees and a lick of paint around the window sills. Back on the market fro about 890.000. Only advertised to chinese it appears as these are the only ones coming for a look. I expect the house to sell quickly.

We don't have a housing crisis per se, we have a speculation crisis.

Btw. of all the houses in my area that have been sold - some 20 odd, only two went to caucasians. The rest are chinese, indian and other asians.

some of these houses are empty and not on the market. I expect them to go on the market within a few month.
    If someone wants to sell me something for less than its worth & somebody else wants to buy it off me for more than its worth, I fail to see the problem.
    Nobody hands out cash on the street corner, a bit of market research, some commitment & courage & bingo, 200k in the bank.
    You will never get anywhere just saving what remains of your pay each week.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    yep everybody wants affordable housing apart from when they are selling then its top dollar

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    yep everybody wants affordable housing apart from when they are selling then its top dollar
    This.

Entirely this.

Not Asians.
    Not investors.
    Not the Boogeyman.

Just everyone wanting to make a profit when they sell their house.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    motocompo
    The real issue is estate agents taking a far too big a cut for essentially doing fuck all.
    Most people just want to break even, but must get 30k more for their property just to pay the fees.
    I have lost count of how many properties I have bought & sold without an agent, nobody died & I have saved well more than 100k in the process.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    The real issue is estate agents taking a far too big a cut for essentially doing fuck all.
    Most people just want to break even, but must get 30k more for their property just to pay the fees.
    I have lost count of how many properties I have bought & sold without an agent, nobody died & I have saved well more than 100k in the process.
    Its easier to blame the Real Estate Agents as opposed to accepting that we are all Greedy Cunts that want to make a profit on the sale of our house....

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Its easier to blame the Real Estate Agents as opposed to accepting that we are all Greedy Cunts that want to make a profit on the sale of our house....
    Its so we can get more equity and then go down to the bank to borrow money for holidays, cars and stuff.

Thats how the West is set up isn't it? A civilization fueled by debt to banks.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Its so we can get more equity and then go down to the bank to borrow money for holidays, cars and stuff.
    And Sidecars
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    motocompo
    So being market savvy, & prepared to take an educated punt in order to make a buck for myself so as not be state dependant in my old age makes me a greedy cunt.
    Does not doing that that make you a lazy cunt?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    So being market savvy, & prepared to take an educated punt in order to make a buck for myself so as not be state dependant in my old age makes me a greedy cunt.
    Does not doing that that make you a lazy cunt?
    The point here, is that EVERYONE has the same aspiration - to Make a Buck for themselves - to retire in comfort. Does it make you a Greedy cunt? Well in a way it does - Am I going to do the same thing? You bet your ass I am (I am hoping that the Penlink gets Delayed long enough for me to afford an investment property on the Peninsula)

The difference here is that I accept that I want to make money, and that my actions (along with everyone elses) are responsible for driving House Prices up, rather than blaming everyone else - I accept the blame - and continue to do it anyway - because Fuck other people.

Bike
    motocompo
    The point here, is that EVERYONE has the same aspiration - to Make a Buck for themselves - to retire in comfort. Does it make you a Greedy cunt? Well in a way it does - Am I going to do the same thing? You bet your ass I am (I am hoping that the Penlink gets Delayed long enough for me to afford an investment property on the Peninsula)

The difference here is that I accept that I want to make money, and that my actions (along with everyone elses) are responsible for driving House Prices up, rather than blaming everyone else - I accept the blame - and continue to do it anyway - because Fuck other people.
    Yeah, I have to admit that I spend fuck all time lying awake at night worrying about people that rekon they cant affort to own homes yet.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Yeah, I have to admit that I spend fuck all time lying awake at night worrying about people that rekon they cant affort to own homes yet.
    Exactly - I did it, in Auckland, Under 30, with little Deposit - According to the Media, I am some form of Mythic Unicorn.....

Bike
    motocompo
    Exactly - I did it, in Auckland, Under 30, with little Deposit - According to the Media, I am some form of Mythic Unicorn.....
    Believe it or not there are also places other than Auckland that a house can be purchased in. There are decent houses on full sites in Wanganui for between 80k & 140k.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Believe it or not there are also places other than Auckland that a house can be purchased in. There are decent houses on full sites in Wanganui for between 80k & 140k.
    about a year ago i bought a 4 bedroom brick house on a reasonable sized section with a separate garage for 210k in a good area near 2 excellent primary schools a really good intermediate and 2 top highschools, at the moment one of my boys (app builder) is living in it and doing a bit of work as sweat equity and will either buy it off me or when its sold he will get a slice of the action

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries

You should hit it off well with Mashie and Axahole!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Thread Information