Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I just don't get Harleys. MBB, copping negative Rep since ages ago.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Whilst I love most things Mopar...Cuda's ain't one of them for whatever reason. And I have no money.
    They're a neat car - the 340 AAR 'Cuda was one of the first "handling" cars that Mopar did, and they're a sweetheart of a motor with all sorts of nice forged bits internally. Coronets are stupendously expensive now - and Chargers are basically unobtainium. Cudas and Challengers are mid sized, and they go really well (unless you buy a 318 powered anything, those need a bullet (or a Keith Black Hemi)).
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    Assorted British
    Lol. I need my 883 back then...and to lose 10 kgs so I can get back into my leathers! Still got 'em tucked away just in case. This was Ruapuna. Attachment 308865
    Have your leathers shrunk too Pete? Same with mine. You just can't rely on the quality these days. LOL

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    I've been told I make women mental, like my personal instability is contagious. So long as I don't make them pregnant.

There is a definite change in dating since the books became widely known. Prior, if you tied up a chick on a one night stand, there would be a police report. Post the books becoming mainstream, single women carry accessories with them in their huge purses. The same accessories carried by a guy would be called a rape kit. Funny enough, in Australia, you look for the women who carry the bulky handbags into bars, it's like the signal. Plus, women are more into rougher, toys, etc. Thanks to the author of the book.
    The big purse thing is tricky though, because now how do you tell the working girl from the open minded girl? Either way you'd get to play I suppose, and we all pay one way or another

Bike
    Street Triple R

57 2 door wagon is a neat ride - the 210 trim is actually quite rare now, and Bel Airs (Nomads) are worth moonbeams. I like the 57 Pontiac Safari two door wagon - it's rarer (18,000 versus 1,300 for the 55-57 years), and it's more interesting with all the rocket trim on it; hence collecting.
    theres one done on tardme as the 150 (base) trim NASCAR pace car which I like. Nice Pontiac Catalina on there too.

I also really like the 57 two door tradesman wagon (I forget the model name) but there is a rodded one around and it is hell cool. I saw one from the States that had had windows put in the side and was done up as a hearse. It was cool.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Various things
    They're a neat car - the 340 AAR 'Cuda was one of the first "handling" cars that Mopar did, and they're a sweetheart of a motor with all sorts of nice forged bits internally. Coronets are stupendously expensive now - and Chargers are basically unobtainium. Cudas and Challengers are mid sized, and they go really well (unless you buy a 318 powered anything, those need a bullet (or a Keith Black Hemi)).
    I'll take it! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Corone...US_Cars_Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Have your leathers shrunk too Pete? Same with mine. You just can't rely on the quality these days. LOL
    Yeah. Fucking things.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    It's keeping them in cupboards that does it, everybody knows lack of daylight shrinks leather...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    It's keeping them in cupboards that does it, everybody knows lack of daylight shrinks leather...
    I've got a bunch of people down a well so I can get nice supple leather for my next set. It puts the lotion on its skin............
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    less than I used to have

Bikes on the other, the whole reason for being is for performance. So, unless it makes the bike go faster, it doesn't belong on the bike.

...'sez who...

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    theres one done on tardme as the 150 (base) trim NASCAR pace car which I like. Nice Pontiac Catalina on there too.

I also really like the 57 two door tradesman wagon (I forget the model name) but there is a rodded one around and it is hell cool. I saw one from the States that had had windows put in the side and was done up as a hearse. It was cool.
    I think they're known as sedan delivery wagons. They look a little different, the Nomad (like the Safari) has a sloped B pillar - the delivery has an upright one (and no windows and no back seat. They're a neat car to drive - they get a weird scuttle shake over bumps because the front end isn't very rigid, but they're actually very forgiving to drive. I've been lusting after an Art Morrison chassis (Tri 5 with Corvette suspension and brakes). A mate in LA has one under a 55 (with an LS7), it goes pretty well, and it goes round corners surprisingly well.

I had a Pontiac Laurentian (283, ex wedding car) when I was younger. Catalina (and Tempest) are far prettier.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    $100k for a genuine Hemi car isn't unreasonable.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...'sez who...
    ….Me. (Well, I wrote it). LOL.

Bike
    Various things
    $100k for a genuine Hemi car isn't unreasonable.
    I know mate. And WHEN I win lotto I'll fucking fly over there and buy such a car! Meantime...I'll site here and pull my willy over such beasts.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    I'll take it! .
    http://classiccarliquidators.com/cla.../WS23L9G154539

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    I know mate. And WHEN I win lotto I'll fucking fly over there and buy such a car! Meantime...I'll site here and pull my willy over such beasts.
    If you're willing to buy a lesser car, you got a lot of car for your money. 426 is a pain in the ass on the street. 440 is a better street engine. 1/5th the price. If you buy unrestored, you can get a decent car for $20k NZ landed. I see cars that I've passed up in the states, landed here and sold by people for 200% mark ups. Mustangs and second gen Camaros are dirt cheap; same car here is expensive. Chevelles are another one - $10k USD buys a very good Chevelle.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    The big purse thing is tricky though, because now how do you tell the working girl from the open minded girl? Either way you'd get to play I suppose, and we all pay one way or another
    The working girls are always sober, they have better manners, and they let you know fairly quickly.

Thread Information