Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I just don't get Harleys. MBB, copping negative Rep since ages ago.

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    ...Even my one with another KBer riding it would leave plenty of 'other brands' in the dust.

...I love the pritty sparks they make going round corners at excessively fun speed (You have good insurance aye?)

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Stereotyped Harley Couple..

He = Big grey/orange mustache (grey because of his age and orange because he still smokes Park Drive)
    The leather vest/jacket with 856 badges attached from the 856 events he has attended over the years.
    Can’t miss the Lion Red induced waistline hanging over the faux bull denim jeans which barely cover the 1970’s etched Tan leather cowboy boots.

She = Ashen/Skinny and wearing arseless chaps.
    You have met my neighbors then. Although I would not call her skinny, more "big boned".
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Hard paniers and top box, hmmm, I'm thinking electraglide.

One in Welly a few years ago was good for over 200ks, nick named 'Big Bertha'. Hey Pete, was it Bernie that had that and put it in a paddock up Himitangi way?

Anyhoo, I know more good cunts that ride Harleys, than proper cunts.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Even my one with another KBer riding it would leave plenty of 'other brands' in the dust.

Yeah I've not been over taken too many times whilst hogging it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Hard paniers and top box, hmmm, I'm thinking electraglide.

One in Welly a few years ago was good for over 200ks, nick named 'Big Bertha'. Hey Pete, was it Bernie that had that and put it in a paddock up Himitangi way?

Sure was.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Yeah I've not been over taken too many times whilst hogging it.

Sure was.
    There is tale of old, where some took superglide two up over the takahs. Bit of drizzle and nek minute, he's overtaking sports bikes the long way round and giving them a hiding.

Bike
    a smelly one
    the excitement in riding is all about the cornering... ya know, leaning in hard, winding it up to edge of the powerband and then letting it rip as you exit said bend. I could never enjoy a harley for how damn badly they seem to corner (or maybe its the rider, who knows).

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    There is tale of old, where some took superglide two up over the takahs. Bit of drizzle and nek minute, he's overtaking sports bikes the long way round and giving them a hiding.
    Lol. Many years ago I gave a superglide a serious hiding with my GF of the time on the back. Hit the dip in the road before the 2nd bridge going into Featherston so hard it twisted the lower frame rail with the sump guard on it out of the way and punched a hole through the sump on the road surface. Bought the thing back with triangulated mufflers and no footpegs to speak of. Was told in no uncertain terms that next time I did that I'd be fixing it.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDGT
    Lol. Many years ago I gave a superglide a serious hiding with my GF of the time on the back. Hit the dip in the road before the 2nd bridge going into Featherston so hard it twisted the lower frame rail with the sump guard on it out of the way and punched a hole through the sump on the road surface. Bought the thing back with triangulated mufflers and no footpegs to speak of. Was told in no uncertain terms that next time I did that I'd be fixing it.
    This is always a risk with those big boned lasses
    Political Correctness, the chief weapon of whiney arse bastards

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    A+ for effort.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    A real kiwi doesnt live in aussie........cunt
    Almost a million of us real Kiwi's live overseas. And go fuck yourself some more.
    It’s diametrically opposed to the sanitised existence of the Lemmings around me in the Dilbert Cartoon hell I live in; it’s life at full volume, perfect colour with high resolution and 10,000 watts of amplification.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    This is always a risk with those big boned lasses
    Nah. Wee Nan was just that. She was about 5 foot nothing and 50kgs.

Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    A+ for effort.
    Lol. Cheers. FXD's certainly aren't over endowed with ground clearance though. That one had considerably more once I'd finished with it though.

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries

Lol. Cheers. FXD's certainly aren't over endowed with ground clearance though. That one had considerably more once I'd finished with it though.
    The lack of steering head angle is the biggest problem, as you turn in, you lose any feel for what the front end is doing - even if it had 60 degrees of lean angle available, it's still hard to get it turned in and stay upright. Anyone who can ride a big harley fast is endowed with mucho testicale.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy View Post
    The lack of steering head angle is the biggest problem, as you turn in, you lose any feel for what the front end is doing - even if it had 60 degrees of lean angle available, it's still hard to get it turned in and stay upright. Anyone who can ride a big harley fast is endowed with mucho testicale.
    Nah. FXD's are 28 deg in the steering head so not too bad. Can be punted quite hard. Biggest drawback is how the swing arm is mounted. It only goes through the back of the transmission...not the frame. And because the engine is rubber mounted...they get a bit *rubbery* when pushed. Softails don't have that issue. So if I'm trying to make a prick of myself on a big Harley...it's normally on an FXST or similar. They're slower in the steering but waaaaaay stiffer in the chassis.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I hope she was older than twelve?

Was out for a ride one day with a group mostly comprising cruisers. The road was wet but through the Uruti valley the Harley riders were cruising at 90kph and slowing for the bends!

On the way beck coming up Mt Messenger I was being a bit careful as the patches of road that were shaded were still damp. Three of the Harley dudes passed me on a bend going like the clappers. Like totally different riders. At the car park on top they were jumping out of their skins, really hyper, they had been going for it. I still haven't figured that out.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    A slow old Bus.a.
    Blog Entries
    Nah. FXD's are 28 deg in the steering head so not too bad. Can be punted quite hard. Biggest drawback is how the swing arm is mounted. It only goes through the back of the transmission...not the frame. And because the engine is rubber mounted...they get a bit *rubbery* when pushed. Softails don't have that issue. So if I'm trying to make a prick of myself on a big Harley...it's normally on an FXST or similar. They're slower in the steering but waaaaaay stiffer in the chassis.
    You recall in the 80's that saying about frames having a hinge in the middle…?

The sensation is weird for a sports bike rider, as you turn in the bike wants to push, and the feedback through the bars is like it's going to tuck. I rode a GSXR11 home many years ago with a leaky front tyre, same feeling. The thing I like about sports bikes is that the bike will turn as fast as you want, and the level of grip and feedback are awesome; you can slide the front at will. Hence harleys leaving me cold.

Thread Information