Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CB1300 or GSX1250FA?

Bike
    2014 DR650

CB1300 or GSX1250FA?

Hello all,

I am after a cruisy torquey road bike and two have made my short list, 2006 CB1300SA or 2010 GSX1250FA.

Use will be commuting to work (40kms) on good days. Weekend/weeknight cruises.

I can't make up my mind. On one hand I like the newer tech and sporty styling of the GSX, on the other hand like the retro cool styling of the CB. Have test ridden them both and both feel very nice.

If anyone has experiance with either or both. Please let me know your thoughts/opinions etc.

I'm hoping this will help sway my decision one way or the other.

Thanks...

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    CB1300. No contest. The CB1300 is a finished product that can be improved at will. The GSX is a blank canvas that needs a lot of work to get anywhere near the quality feel of the CB1300 in stock form.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Agree with Jim, had one from new (08' naked/blue with gold rims/beautiful bike) stupidly sold it Also had a GSX1250FA ...both great bikes but if I had my time again, it would be the CB 1300 no question. Weirdly, it seemed a better bike two up.

The Honda (on this occasion) had a Double pack/two tank bags (one on top of the packs) and two humans, passing was a breeze, no need to change gear, just wind it on.
    Neptune can fitted, sounded amazeballs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	823.6 KB 
ID:	309207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Taupo.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	327.1 KB 
ID:	309208  

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by eikon View Post
    Hello all,

I am after a cruisy torquey road bike and two have made my short list, 2006 CB1300SA or 2010 GSX1250FA.

Use will be commuting to work (40kms) on good days. Weekend/weeknight cruises.

I can't make up my mind. On one hand I like the newer tech and sporty styling of the GSX, on the other hand like the retro cool styling of the CB. Have test ridden them both and both feel very nice.

If anyone has experiance with either or both. Please let me know your thoughts/opinions etc.

I'm hoping this will help sway my decision one way or the other.

Thanks...
    I know you want that CB mate!

Bike
    2014 DR650
    Seems like no contest between the two... Can't say I'm not happy with the way it's going....

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by eikon View Post
    Seems like no contest between the two... Can't say I'm not happy with the way it's going....
    Lol. My pen is ready.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    My penis ready.
    Dirty bugger.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    CB1300. No contest. The CB1300 is a finished product that can be improved at will. The GSX is a blank canvas that needs a lot of work to get anywhere near the quality feel of the CB1300 in stock form.
    Yep, well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Lol. My pen is ready.
    Geez Pete, I read that quickly and I had to giggle...yeah it's my dirty mind

Bike
    bandit
    I've had my 1250 for five years now .. LOVE IT !!! 65,000 ks and love it ... I service it regularly and it has never missed a beat .. been all over the North Island and round the South Island ... great to ride .. fast enough to scare the hell out of some sprotsbike riders ... comfortable for long distance ...

Would recommend one to anyone ... (Yeah .. I've played around with it a bit, but not a lot - the biggest changes is braided lines and a carbon fibre can .. other changes are just cosmetic ... though I'm tempted to put an Ohlins shock on the rear .. )
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    I've had my 1250 for five years now....though I'm tempted to put an Ohlins shock on the rear
    Definitely would have done that had I kept mine, the stock shock is adequate but a bastard to adjust.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I agree with James - pretty well sums it up. This does not mean the Suzi is a bad bike in any way - you have picked two very good ones.

Honda - dump the huge muffler, saves shit loads of weight and they sound nice with a bit more noise.

PLUS the Suzuki is only a R and a T away from a Fart......

Bike
    Two wheeler
    Just got back from my quick tour down to the S Island on my CB 1300........it never missed a beat and I can't think of anything I can criticise it for, apart from bringing me back ready for work on Monday. I've been really pleased with it since I bought it 6 months ago.....reminds me a bit of the FJ1200 I used to have. ......do you get the idea that I like it !

Bike
    Two wheeler
    Ahh bliss !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SL376074.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	699.0 KB 
ID:	309181  

Bike
    NC30s
    Took a CB1000 for a ride a week or so back. Felt great, very smooth but a little uninspiring. I owned a Bandit 1200 a few years ago, and that was a bit more fun, but that was with an upgraded rear shock and a bit of carb/exhaust fiddling. The finish on the CB1000 was excellent, production quality seems a bit better than the Bandit.
    It was a friends CB1000 that I rode, he bought it off his dad. A few months on and his dad has just bought a CB1300 in the same colours (white and red). So he must have a high opinion of them.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    cant argue with the finished product/blank canvas description. To me that was the attraction. I love my 1250. I have loved making it suit me, that has been a huge part of the fun of owning it. At the end of the day, once the sums are done to your satisfaction its time to let your heart have its say, sounds like its saying CB. Health to enjoy mate, whatever way you go you will have a good bike. And hey, Pete has his pen ready, isn't it worth it all just to know that?
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Thread Information