Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Avoided the Bandit trap

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Too much assumption leaping. I don't like Bandits enough to spend my own money on one. Budget is an issue for most people , it's just that I've managed to exceed the trapped in having to to buy a worthy but uninspiring Bandit budget to achieve those goals listed above.

I know people who love and adore Bandits and I know my attitude is less than optimal, but I also think it is ok to say that you don't like something enough to spend money on it.
    fair enough and point taken
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    It's still not technically above average either.
    Hairy Muff,

I'm a little biased cause I'm on the 650, and I ride it alot - that said, I did do an all day ride, and by the end, my calves were a little sore, but I suspect that is more due to the rider, than the bike
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Too much assumption leaping. I don't like Bandits enough to spend my own money on one. Budget is an issue for most people , it's just that I've managed to exceed the trapped in having to to buy a worthy but uninspiring Bandit budget to achieve those goals listed above.

I know people who love and adore Bandits and I know my attitude is less than optimal, but I also think it is ok to say that you don't like something enough to spend money on it.
    I bought a bike that did everything well enough. Sounded good. Good power, range etc. But god it was boring. Buy what you want and enjoy.

Cant have a bike without a clock.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So Hinckley Triumph are still getting the bad rap from Meridian nails? You have empirical evidence then? Or just internet yabba?

I'm selling my givi topbox for the 1050 even though I used it today. Makes them handle bad, just too much weight too far back.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

Avoided the Bandit trap

No proof, just a feeling. Good point re. Top box. Have located one with panniers and ABS.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    The FJR all day long. I have a FZ1. All I had to make an ok bike was add a new rear shock, which highlights an average front end. Poor fueling down low makes it hard to ride smoothly in tight twisties. Simply add a pc5 and custom map to improve.... Stonking engine, beaut frame, let down with budget suspension. Brakes are great. I don't believe you should have to spend thousands to create a good bike, but there you go.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So Hinckley Triumph are still getting the bad rap from Meridian nails? You have empirical evidence then? Or just internet yabba?

I'm selling my givi topbox for the 1050 even though I used it today. Makes them handle bad, just too much weight too far back.
    Be a lot better off with a trailer.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Kawa ZX1400
    Have you considered the Kawi Concours - Had a 2011 for a while and found it to be a great bike with all the kit for long trips

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Be a lot better off with a trailer.
    Be better off with a van. Can get the dirt bikes in the back. I mean if you want to get all practical.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    The FJR all day long. I have a FZ1. All I had to make an ok bike was add a new rear shock, which highlights an average front end. Poor fueling down low makes it hard to ride smoothly in tight twisties. Simply add a pc5 and custom map to improve.... Stonking engine, beaut frame, let down with budget suspension. Brakes are great. I don't believe you should have to spend thousands to create a good bike, but there you go.
    Thank you folks, exactly what I'm after. Hitcher's FJR was very comfy and effortlessly quick for something relatively large. I have a mate in the UK screaming at me to buy the CBF. F5Dave and PaulinNZ HAVE BEEN GENTLY AGITATING for me to buy a 1050 of some sort, so it looks like I'm down to 3 to choose from.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    GL1800
    I'd go for the FJR, all nice bikes but as my names suggests, I loathe adjusting and lubing chains

- and they go frikin GREAT 👍
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I think motorad has an 2014 new concours for 20k at the moment unless it sold in the last 2 weeks.
    Idd own it but the boss says no more new bikes for a while.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    The plan is to get a serviceable tourer and something interesting, and I have a line on a decent RG500. I like the idea of a Concours, but it means maybe cutting down to one bike for a couple of years.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I'm with you shafty! Completely over it myself. I may not be a real biker.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries

Thread Information