Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puncture puncture puncture! Mushroom plug vs Dog turd

Bike
    Between bikes
    Just echoing sentiments in this thread really....

- Kit would have been much handier out and about. At least now you can get a couple more canisters and take the thing with you to save having to be trailered home.
    - As above, get someone competent to look at it once and repair properly you've limped home. 'Look at it' will mean removing the tyre. I would still suggest you do this now regardless of how 'permanent' you think your repair is.
    - Attacking the corner.... whaaa? You are lucky you didn't drop your bike. You'd have wasted a lot more than $70 then, huh.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Innovations have a great little kit with 2x cylinders for inflation and all the good poos. Put one under your seat and have peace of mind.
    Oh, and FYI, don't count on those cylinders delivering enough air to bring the tyre up to full pressure if you're starting from scratch. The medium cylinders deliver about 8 psi.

Either carry more cylinders (especially if you cock up the first repair... or worse, get another puncture), or use an air compressor instead... or a hand pump if you're a masochist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information