Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coping with reversed foot controls

Bike
    bandit
    When I still had BSAs as well as a commuter Japper I never got confused between the brake and the gear levers .. despite them being on opposite sides.

What did frequently catch me out was the lack of brakes !!! (small single leading shoe drums) I rode all week on a Honda with discs front and rear ... and on the weekends I'd be out on a BSA, brake for a corner about where I'd brake on a the Honda and then remember Fuck !!! The brakes don't work that well. I never lost it in the corners but I certainly had a few bowel loosening moments ...

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Unless they ban old bikes I have no intention of updating past the carbs era.
    If I can't fix it myself I don't want it.
    Yeah .. I'm starting to think the same thing ... listening to the computer on the Suzie boot up then shut down seems over the top ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    muscle memory
    Ohh we're playing this game again?

Shedding skin and
    I've been picking
    Scabs again.
    I'm down
    Digging through
    My old muscles
    Looking for a clue
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    I've got bikes with gear levers on different sides too but they're all one down, rest up. I've never had a problem until I rode my mates MSS Velocette in Australia where it was one up - rest down...never missed a change on it, but hopped back on my Velocette Thruxton when I got home with one down - rest up...cocked it up. WTF is with that? Never never ever had a problem till then. Brain Fart I guess

It was only for a day for me, but yeah, a short ride on something else and then I don't know what the fuck my feet should be doing.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    all

Stornello 160

Hi Motu,
    I have a Red and White Stornello 160.
    I read a post of yours on another forum about the Stornello history in NZ in which you stated that you had connected with the importer. I am hoping he still has the sales dockets for mine so I can get it on the road legally. Do you have any contact info for him.
    Thanks, Noel.

Look up UNNA in the members list, I don't know if he comes here much anymore. Did your red Stornello come from West Auckland ? I knew the original owner, and LM had it for many years.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    all

Stornello 160

I bought mine in central Akld about 9 years ago. Spent some time sorting out the forks and front brake. Someone has changed the wheels to 18 inch. i think they are Ducati with a larger Grimeca front drum that didn't fit between the forks properly. I milled the backing plate slightly so that the fork leg sits in a slight recess. Got it going really well, too well, ran off the road and hit a tree while chasing a mate on a BSA 500. Just got it all back together. thanks for the contact.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Vintage Car Club has an active motorcycle section and one of the members does Vehicle Compliance, talk to Martin Spicer spicerclan@vodafone.co.nz.

Noel.Bridget....hmmm Mountain Road?
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Thread Information