Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha R3 vs Ninja 300

Bike
    2015 f800gt
    Closest thing I can find to a release date for the R3 is june'. some more info would be nice, id take one over the ninja.

Bike
    None yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
    id take one over the ninja.
    How come ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2012 KX450f
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
    Closest thing I can find to a release date for the R3 is june'. some more info would be nice, id take one over the ninja.
    I got told May by my local dealer, but wouldn't be surprised if it went later again seeing as there is so much mixed info out there at present. Expected pricing to be lower than the ninja to.

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Without doubt the R3 will surpass the Ninja in all aspects...
    Yamaha build quality is second to none...

The R3 will come out of one of the Indian factories that built the R15...
    There are differences in Indian build quality V Japanese notably tidiness of welds and paint finish.

I have it on good authority that bikes will be here May or even before

Price will be very competitive against the Ninja ie...Cheaper

MT-07 is a good bike for the money, but for spirited riding a new shock is needed and forks can be sharpened up as well.
    Those who risk nothing, Do nothing, Achieve nothing, Become nothing.

Bike
    2015 f800gt
    Quote Originally Posted by bennz View Post
    How come ?

keep in mind that I haven't seen one in person, but the multiple reviews I have read all state that it has more power, higher build quality and personal preference, but I like the looks and guage cluster better.

Bike
    2012 KX450f
    Decent first ride review of the R3:

Bike
    2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 SE ABS

Ninja 300 All the way!

i believe most people who have a ninja 300 abs is not keen to sell it. as it is an awesome bike. speaking from myself.

buying a small 125cc is not ideal as after about 1-2 months of riding you will want something with more power and depending on style as well.

I hear also the ninja 300 abs hold their value. anyone one the truth on this ?

cheers

Bike
    None yet

Yamaha R3 vs Ninja 300

Quote Originally Posted by cdwilkins1980 View Post
    i believe most people who have a ninja 300 abs is not keen to sell it. as it is an awesome bike. speaking from myself.

buying a small 125cc is not ideal as after about 1-2 months of riding you will want something with more power and depending on style as well.

cheers
    Thanks for the input, have you had any issues with your bike? Anything about it that you don't like ?

I'm thinking between that and new Benelli BN302 ( naked ) . They are different bikes but can't decide which to buy.
    Test rode Bn302 today as was a pretty sweet bike, on heavy side compared to Ninja 300 (around 10-12kg more)

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Personally I think you're nuts to buy either of them, but you'd be especially out of your mind buying the Benelli.

Bike
    None yet

Yamaha R3 vs Ninja 300

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    Personally I think you're nuts to buy either of them, but you'd be especially out of your mind buying the Benelli.
    What's so bad about Benelli ?
    I have a good second hand ninja 300 in mind which is same price as the BN302 ($7k)

Bike
    2015 f800gt
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwilkins1980 View Post

cheers
    I think the ninja is the one to have at the moment. I also think that the R3 will match it or better it once released.

Bike
    Aprilia RS250, RS125
    Or grab an oily, ring-a-ding ding Aprilia RS125 and embarrase litre bikes in the twisties whilst saving 3-4k. My partner has one and whilst i love my GSXR750 I'm always keen for a swap. Telepathic handling and no weight so late breaking is easy. And reminds me of being 17 again (a long time ago now..)

Bike
    2015 f800gt
    Bit of a thread necro. Red baron now has the Yamaha in stock and is advertised on trademe too. Definitely looks like the one to have.

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    Just as long as you are under no illusion that the modern 250s and 300s are not sportsbikes. They may look like them, but theyre not.
    I still dont understand why someone would spend that amount of money on something that will halve in value within 2 years, when there are superior and cheaper options available.
    At least something like the MT07 and CBR500 are bikes that are built to a better standard and have enough power to get in and out of trouble (Though the 500 does not deserve the Rs in its name).

I guess I should be happy you're not looking to buy a Hyoflung.

Bike
    2015 f800gt
    Quote Originally Posted by baffa View Post
    Just as long as you are under no illusion that the modern 250s and 300s are not sportsbikes. They may look like them, but theyre not.
    I still dont understand why someone would spend that amount of money on something that will halve in value within 2 years, when there are superior and cheaper options available.
    At least something like the MT07 and CBR500 are bikes that are built to a better standard and have enough power to get in and out of trouble (Though the 500 does not deserve the Rs in its name).

I guess I should be happy you're not looking to buy a Hyoflung.
    I wouldn't buy one new.

Thread Information