Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yamaha R3 vs Ninja 300

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    Neither, but some people insist on buying new.
    Which is a little stupid, but if you must, it is best to buy a bike that you wont outgrow quickly, like an mt07, or perhaps rc390

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Cool opinions bro.

Bike
    2015 f800gt
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
    Cool opinions bro.
    nice productive post 'bro'.

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Thanks bro.

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    You're always gonna love your first bike 5ive, so I dont expect you to agree.
    I speak to people who started riding on GT250Rs and swear black and blue theyre great bikes.

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries

Cog LAM bikes

Remember that LAM bikes have a power to weight ratio restriction, so the MT-07 will be a tamer version to fit under those restrictions. Although this question was asked a while ago, I felt strongly that it needed a PROPER answer.

NINJA
    The standard Ninja 300 doesn't come with ABS unless you spend an extra $1000 for the "Special Edition" - and I'm not sure why it is special. New, the 300 SE with ABS will be $9000, for that you get a fairly nice bike, with a slipper clutch - basically a more forgiving clutch - and ABS brakes. The 300 comes with durable but not especially grippy tyres. Also there was a known issue with the front fairing getting a bit loose - nothing major but shows that build quality isn't high. The 300 is made in Thailand (correct me if I'm wrong).

R3
    The Yamaha R3 comes with ABS so no extra expense there. For $8000 you also get a nice dash with big numbers for speed and a clock and petrol meter. As a learner you may also find the Gear Position indicator immensely useful, especially around city streets. The Yamaha R3 is 321cc so about 25cc more than the kawasaki but that power is nothing without good gear shift timing. The R3 is made in Indonesia.

Get a Bigger Bike like a real man!
    Often bikers will say "Get something you won't outgrow" which I believe is a bit of bad advice. More often than not pros will tell you "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." and I agree, there is absolutely no point spending more money on a power restricted LAM bike when it will perform much like a cheaper 300. Also you have to spend money to get the performance back up to full once you get your full licence.

What Do I actually need anyway?
    Consider what bike you would get if you weren't limited to just LAM bikes, I see a lot of riders on Suzuki GN250s with full licences. They are cheap bikes and they get people around. I don't believe everyone rides a bike because they love to knee drag around corners and pull wheelies, but everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by bennz View Post
    Hi everyone,

Apologise for a noob question, I am considering my first bike (LAMS)and pretty much decided to go with ninja 300 ABS new.

Preferably would have chosen Yamaha MT07 but the cost is an issue.

However today I saw a post about Yamaha R3 which is suppose to closely compete with Ninja 300. It seems it's not available in NZ yet.

Does anyone know if and when will it arrive? And it would pay off to wait till it is here before going ahead with Ninja?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2009, Hyosung GT250R

Yamaha R3 vs Ninja 300

Ben. What did you end up getting? I didn't like either as being a fuller figure model myself I went with a Hysoung GT250R secondhand cheap and love it. Will. Gonna spend money on my big boy bike when I go full and possibly might keep it with the whole awwww honey it's not worth selling the resale value is crap . A mate has the ninja brought it new and loves it but sitting on it it felt a little small for me. I went through looking at buying new LAMS bigger engine but just thought what many have voiced here that spending good money and then wanting to upgrade once your license is done is a waste. Spend your money on gear and save and I just saw your other post about what you got

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike
    None yet

Yamaha R3 vs Ninja 300

I ended up getting a triple 660 and not regretting it a bit. It is an amazing machine the triple even with Lams restrictions.

However the sad part is I have to sell it as my circumstances changed.
    But trying to figure out other ways to not lose this bike as it is all I wanted and probably won't be upgrading anytime soon if I can keep it.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    I ended up getting a triple 660 and not regretting it a bit. It is an amazing machine the triple even with Lams restrictions.

However the sad part is I have to sell it as my circumstances changed.
    But trying to figure out other ways to not lose this bike as it is all I wanted and probably won't be upgrading anytime soon if I can keep it.

You're so poor, you go to the park, and ducks throw bread to you!

But srs y u sofa king poor?

Bike
    None yet
    Lol that was funny mate.

I'm not poor at all but life has other priorities now I won't die without a bike for a while haha

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Sold the 660 yet?

Bike
    None yet
    Almost gone

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Lol that was funny mate.

I'm not poor at all but life has other priorities now I won't die without a bike for a while haha

so y u sell your bike??

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    so y u sell your bike??
    Illegitimate love children from all the bitches he pulled with the 660?

Thread Information