Thread: Christchurch GS1200SS stolen

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,

Christchurch GS1200SS stolen

In the process of moving house.
    Motorbike was locked in the garage in the Hillmorton area
    Sometime on Sunday 8th or Monday 9th March the bike was taken along with a Revit mesh jacket

Black 2001 Suzuki GS1200SS

Rego 99UYC

There aren't that many of these around so if anyone see or hears of its whereabouts I'd quite like it back.
    Still fitted with the original exhaust which should make it easier to spot
    "I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it." -- Erwin Schrodinger talking about quantum mechanics.

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Will keep my eyes out, I don't live that far away and had a ride to Akaroa this morning but didn't see anything like your bike on the road mate.

Sorry to hear your bad news.

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    Bump

10 characters
    "I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it." -- Erwin Schrodinger talking about quantum mechanics.

Bike
    Superduke 990
    Damn - that's rough man. Try getting it on to Facebook... that seems to be where the bike spotting action is. Got a photo you can share to help with spotting?

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    Had a brief flutter yesterday in Hornby.... but it was only Silage on his bike stopping off at church . Not many of those bikes around that's for sure

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Its one of these we are looking for Cantab KBers

REGO 99UYC

SC -we will all keep our eyes peeled mate

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    Update:
    Went to the letterbox yesterday and found a letter from a towing company saying 'Mate, when are you going to pick your bike up? We've had it a month and a half and storage ain't free you know'

Crickey thinks I and hurries down there.

Apparently the Police had raided a property a while back and amongst the loot in the shed out back was my bike.

I'd not had any contact from the police and was blissfully unaware.
    The office lady had gone above and beyond the call of duty and had got a friend within the force to track owners details for her and sent the letter out.
    Nice work office lady!

Mostly the bike is ok. Windscreen has a chunk broken off it, there is a dent in the tank and a rip in the seat.
    The ignition wiring has been cut and the ignition key slot brutally screwdriver raped.
    Looks like some brain surgeon has attempted to hotwire it

Anyhoo, there's 2 motorbikes in my shed now.
    I'd given up all hope a couple of weeks ago and biffed the spare key, manual etc and de-reged the bike...
    I'm tracking down a replacement ignition switch and have some locksmith chaps cutting a replacement key for the tank.

Re-registering will be a learning process I'm sure and I intend to have a discussion with NZ Police regarding having to pay hefty storage bill.

Now I'd had a massive sulk when the thing was stolen and it wasn't much fun trying find something that appealed to buy.
    In the end I stumbled on an Aprilia RSV Mille which is AWESOME to ride but tends to encourage license threatening behaviour.
    Perhaps I'll just keep both for a bit.
    They are rather chalk and cheese...

Bike
    Aprilia RSV Mille & Aprilia Tuono 660
    good result
    You'll love the RSV, just pick the time and place to enjoy it !
    RSV Mille: No madam, its an Aprilia, not a Harley. If it were a Harley, I would be pushing it !

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by frogfeaturesFZR View Post
    good result
    You'll love the RSV, just pick the time and place to enjoy it !
    Between the hours of 12:01am and 11:59pm, anywhere between Stewart island and cape reinga.

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    At about 5500rpm on full throttle it starts to make this really savage buzz saw sound that is equal parts terror and exhilaration. The front end gets light and you know you're alive.

Better organise time off to go to the track as soon as the weather comes right.

Bike
    Aprilia RSV Mille & Aprilia Tuono 660
    Great fun on the track !
    magic front on them, just 'think' what line you want, and you're there !
    RSV Mille: No madam, its an Aprilia, not a Harley. If it were a Harley, I would be pushing it !

Bike

Woooo! Not ideal but a small victory none the less. What was/is the insurance situation?

Quote Originally Posted by schrodingers cat View Post
    In the end I stumbled on an Aprilia RSV Mille which is AWESOME to ride but tends to encourage license threatening behaviour.
    They won't fuck about getting onto you about that behavior...sadly...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Bastards. Bloody thieves.

Decades back I had a car stolen. Many weeks later the Ashburton cops called me asking 'when are you picking up this piece of crap?' would have helped if they had TOLD ME they had had it 24 hours after it was stolen!

Me - I'd flick off the SS mate (great bikes I had one) - it was violated by some scum.

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post

What was/is the insurance situation
    Bit embarrassed by this side of it.
    When I changed bikes and got the black beast I had a massive brain fart and hadn't actually informed the insurance company of the change.

But as a loyal dumbarse I continued to pay premiums on a bike I no longer owned - Doh!

So, essentially there is no insurance. Totally my fault.

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Bastards. Bloody thieves.

Decades back I had a car stolen. Many weeks later the Ashburton cops called me asking 'when are you picking up this piece of crap?' would have helped if they had TOLD ME they had had it 24 hours after it was stolen!

Me - I'd flick off the SS mate (great bikes I had one) - it was violated by some scum.
    Years ago as a young fella in Timaru I had acquired a new car over the weekend. My 'to do' job for Monday was to change ownership etc.
    Anyhow, I head out front to drive to work and no car...
    I ring the Police to report car missing and they're all ' oh yeah, we wondered who owned it'
    They'd rung the old owner who helpfully told them it wasn't his rig anymore, some fella had bought it over the weekend.
    Anyway. All's well that ends well.

I am pretty tempted to keep both. The SS is a fairly lazy ride.
    Maybe just save the RSV for nice sunny warm days

The first decent ride on the RSV I was astounded how stable it was and how accurately it tracked in fast sweeping corners.
    And being a tall sort of chap, they are a nice roomy ride

Thread Information