Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Motorcyclist tells off van driver - You won't believe what happens next!

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    But is it really unjust to expect people to follow the rules?
    That depends on the rules. Justice and legality are NOT the same thing.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Mine
    Mass survailence might put an end to crime
    Even mass surveillance won't put an end to crime. What about those controlling the surveillance?

but at what cost?
    I do, however, agree wholeheartedly with this. The "benefits" of mass surveillance (assuming there are any) will never outweigh the negatives.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

Bike
    Superduke 990
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    Even mass surveillance won't put an end to crime. What about those controlling the surveillance?
    Just try recording a police officer. See how well that "if you've got nothing to hide..." justification works.

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyrobot View Post
    Just try recording a police officer. See how well that "if you've got nothing to hide..." justification works.
    Exactly. Our "system" today is based on hypocrisy.

Bike
    CB1300
    That depends on the rules. Justice and legality are NOT the same thing.
    Aye, some laws and rules are unjust... and there are channels for seeking to ammend them.
    Arguing with the police at the side of a busy motorway is neither constructive nor realistic.
    My only observations that even come close to negative about that experience was that there was not the usual opportunitiy to explain my position and he never actually told me I was being fined.
    License please, do you want to see the laser reading? Is this your vehicle and is it warranted registered etc.

I don't think it would have changed whether I got a ticket or not but it does make you feel more a part of the proccess and less like a victim if you get to state your side.

At first he appeared to be looking forward to getthing the big bad biker for everything he could.

By the time we were done:
    He seemed a little disappointed I was friendly, legal and cooperative.
    He seemed a little embarrased to be giving me a ticket... not that he actually told me just slipped it into my hand when returning my license with a sheepish look on his face.

Personally I think in the location I got stopped a speed limit including tolerance below 130 is asking for trouble. More than once I have had to up the anti speed wise against my will due to the poor driving skills of some of the people coming down that hill. But the rules are what they are, I made my choice that it was worth risking the fine and it is time to man up and pay the fine for my actions.

Bike
    CB1300

I do, however, agree wholeheartedly with this. The "benefits" of mass surveillance (assuming there are any) will never outweigh the negatives.
    The first was a little tounge in cheek to provide a setting for the latter.
    We really need a sarcasm font.

Bike
    CB1300
    That all depends on how you go about it and the intentions of the officer at the time the camera comes out.
    Pull out a camera and ask them if they mind if you record as is your right to do and I would hazard a guess that few would object.
    Pull out a camera thrust it in their face and rant about how "I am recording this pig. It's going on facebook, my lawyers going to fuck you up" etc. and I doubt you will get a warm reception.
    Any where in between will be met with resistance equal to the attitude you present them with.

Much the same as badge numbers and names.
    IF you ask politely most will freely hand over that information some will even give you their business card.
    Be a cock about it and they may just introduce you to the truncheon first.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    you'd be surprised how fucken retarded some of them are. they think they know the stick of "law" and when you start explaining shit to them they're all "derp derp. hand out out tickets"

silly cunts.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Pull out a camera thrust it in their face and rant about how "I am recording this pig. It's going on facebook, my lawyers going to fuck you up" etc. and I doubt you will get a warm reception.

Much the same as badge numbers and names.
    IF you ask politely most will freely hand over that information some will even give you their business card.
    Be a cock about it and they may just introduce you to the truncheon first.
    this is exactly the way to do it. check out youtube for much hilarity. "freeman schools cop on law" etc.

they're obliged to identify themselves as a police officer. any 13year old retard can steal a cop car and turn he lights on

i make them wait, while i phone their sergeant, who usually refuses to give out details. much like teh po.
    game over - failed to identify yourself as a policy enforcement officer - every action ILLEGAL.

Bike
    Mine
    The first was a little tounge in cheek to provide a setting for the latter.
    We really need a sarcasm font.
    Agreed. Often catches me out...

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Agreed. Often catches me out...
    Surely just typing /sarcasm at the end would work?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by yevjenko View Post
    Kind of spoils the effect. Mind you I quite like the current system of winding up those who don't notice.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    [SARCASM]Really need to use correct HTML Tags[/SARCASM]
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    [SARCASM]Really need to use correct HTML Tags[/SARCASM]
    Heh heh...
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    Mine
    I had the same thought myself. Or perhaps a sarcasm smiley.

Thread Information