Thread: 05 GSX 250 issue with starting.

Bike
    2005 GSX 250

05 GSX 250 issue with starting.

Hi all,
    New to this forum and just hoping someone can help me out with an issue I have with my bike. Just purchased my first bike, 05 GSX 250. Have been riding it the last few days and all has been going well. However, I went to take it out yesterday (for the second time) but when I hit the electric start there was just nothing. No turn over, no clicking etc..and it wouldn't fire on the kick start either. Previously it has fired up on both with no issues at all. The battery is brand new and I have ignition lights, lights, high beam etc. I have checked the plug leads. Just wondering if there is another engine stop somewhere on these bikes apart from on the handlebars that I may have bumped? or any other advice or areas that I could check would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to taking it out again.

Cheers
    Simon

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon84 View Post
    Hi all,
    New to this forum and just hoping someone can help me out with an issue I have with my bike. Just purchased my first bike, 05 GSX 250. Have been riding it the last few days and all has been going well. However, I went to take it out yesterday (for the second time) but when I hit the electric start there was just nothing. No turn over, no clicking etc..and it wouldn't fire on the kick start either. Previously it has fired up on both with no issues at all. The battery is brand new and I have ignition lights, lights, high beam etc. I have checked the plug leads. Just wondering if there is another engine stop somewhere on these bikes apart from on the handlebars that I may have bumped? or any other advice or areas that I could check would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to taking it out again.

Cheers
    Simon
    Commonly overlooked possibilities:

Killswitch
    Bike in neutral
    Bike in gear, but hold clutch in
    Kickstand down
    Faulty kickstand switch

Bike
    2005 GSX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    Commonly overlooked possibilities:

Killswitch
    Bike in neutral
    Bike in gear, but hold clutch in
    Kickstand down
    Faulty kickstand switch
    Many thanks. Didn't realise there was a switch on the kickstand. Started first time on garage stand. The joys of being a newbie! Thank you

Thread Information