Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MiniMoto endurance race. 29/10

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike

MiniMoto endurance race. 29/10

Alrighty then. The annual 1 hour endurance race is scheduled for the 29th of October at the Mt Wellington kart track. I'm planning on entering but need a partner (it's impossible to ride a mini for an hour solo).

Trouble is, I don't got a partner.

Whoever's keen, let me know and I'll give you a trial. At the risk of sounding like a cunt, this IS serious racing and these are difficult to ride fast. You'll need to be extremely flexible, have your own leathers and protective gear and fully aware of the risks of motorsport. Yhese things bite quite hard when ya toss 'em.

I can promise this, there's a good chance the bike wont finnish the race so we may be able to knock off early and get pissed. There will be quite a few top racers there (Karl Morgan being one) so this maybe your chance to make a name for yourself, and you're sides will hurt badly at the end from laughing so fucken hard.

Righto, get your applications in and all bribes considered on a case by case basis.

Edit: Race details.

Mount Welligton Kart track, 29th of October. Sign on, 8:00-9:00am

Pitbike 1hr Endurance race commences 10:00am
    Minimoto 1hr Endurance race commences 11:30am

There will be 3 sprint races during the day for juniors also (5-14 year olds)

Cost: $50 per team, or $30 for Ironman/woman.
    Each team rider must have two ride stints during the race, Ironman/woman must pit a minimum of three times. Bikes must be NOT RUNNING during refueling.

Each team must supply their own lap scorer, no scorer, no laps counted. Each bike must be individually numbered.

Trophies presented to 1/2/3.

Karl Morgan and Hayden Fitzgerald are confirmed to be racing for Team Polini, they'll be the tough ones to beat.

This promises to be an awesome fun event, I'm planning on having my bike ready within the next week for those hopefulls that have applied to team up with me. Anyone thinking of getting one of these critters, get in quick, I'm more than happy to help out with setup and preperation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	16366   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	16367  
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    Alrighty then. The annual 1 hour endurance race is scheduled for the 29th of October at the Mt Wellington kart track. I'm planning on entering but need a partner (it's impossible to ride a mini for an hour solo).

Trouble is, I don't got a partner.

Whoever's keen, let me know and I'll give you a trial. At the risk of sounding like a cunt, this IS serious racing and these are difficult to ride fast. You'll need to be extremely flexible, have your own leathers and protective gear and fully aware of the risks of motorsport. Yhese things bite quite hard when ya toss 'em.

I can promise this, there's a good chance the bike wont finnish the race so we may be able to knock off early and get pissed. There will be quite a few top racers there (Karl Morgan being one) so this maybe your chance to make a name for yourself, and you're sides will hurt badly at the end from laughing so fucken hard.

Righto, get your applications in and all bribes considered on a case by case basis.
    Jimmy. If I could borrow some leathers can I have a go!do you need a MNZ liscense? Sounds fun i'm intrested.
    WM
    Wellyman

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Happy to give you a try out n the bike one weekend Dan, you're about the right size for it.

Let me know ehn you want to come over and have a crack. Be warned though mate, they're fucken hard work.

Bike
    GSXR 450
    The 29th isnt that a thursday?
    I have leather you can use for the day if you want but you have to pay for them to be cleaned an hour of riding a minimoto causes some seriously sweaty balls, also have back protector.
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    29th of October is a Saturday by my calender. I've got my own leathers thanks anyway.

Bike
    GSXR 450
    nah i meant for wellyman.....
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Just looking at my calender isnt racing on the 17th and 18th or have the minimotos got there own weekend now or something?
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by texmo
    Just looking at my calender isnt racing on the 17th and 18th or have the minimotos got there own weekend now or something?
    They raced on the Saturday just gone, that was the 17th. But the Endurance race is for minis and pit bikes only.

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Nah they didnt race I didnt see one turn up, or am I blind any-who. What are you lap times around mt wellington, compared to the buckets?
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    Not many, if any
    what? did someone say bike to race? give me a turn!

aight never been on one, aint never seen one go in the flesh, but if it has 2 wheels, and the provision for a motor even i will try!

Qutie seriously now - keen Jimmy, got whats needed except a slight lack of balls, but i find it hurts less when you can off at least. Let us know if we can have a go, im sure 6chris6 could be keen too on a trial.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Nah they didnt race I didnt see one turn up, or am I blind any-who. What are you lap times around mt wellington, compared to the buckets?
    I've got no idea, I've never been there. I wonder where the fuck they raced then? It said on the forum it was scheduled at Mt Wellington, maybe it's somewhere else in Mt Well.

Ah well, I'll let you know exactly where the endurance race is, come and have a laugh.

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Nah They didnt turn up because of the rain the track had big puddles on it. scooter racing was called off only a handfull of buckets raced last weekend, was a bucket for sale too $550 ono included some spares.... I might come and watch meet the "imfamous" white trash in the flesh would be nice too ^^; lets see some wheelies on the minimoto have seen it before one of the guys that races buckets can do some pretty good one wheel tricks with both legs over the handel bars ect...
    I dont mind lending my racing gear too anyone who needs it one peice leathers, backprotector and boots.. Im 6' and the leathers are a little bit big on me and im size 12uk or 47euro boot....
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Im 6' and the leathers are a little bit big on me and im size 12uk or 47euro boot....

Bit big for a scoot aren't ya?

Bike
    GSXR 450
    not the fastest ride is fucking massive dudde, was new zealands mountain boarding champion, he had a z1000 when he was 15 to ride to school, thats 17 years ago now though.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    2005 GN250
    I'm your man.

I got my old set of leathers that I wouldn't mind going down the track in (I'll still try my best not to crash your bike btw!) so I probably wouldn't hold back much... I'm 5'9, with all the racing features like strong athletic legs, 20/20 vision, I come with weight reduction stage 5 kit putting me at a low low mass of about 64KGs, I'm fit from training on the pushbike 5 times a week. I've raced in Formula 1 and 2 in club level and 600cc SP in the Nats but more to the point, I specialies in small bikes in particular. What more do you want?

Oh yea, plus I can ride better than you any day..

Thread Information