Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's great to be a biker!

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Timely post, while you were typing I was out on a right proper mission dealing to the best of the Motu rd.
    Fueled bike up before work Friday, came home after work picked a spot on map for Saturday.
    Roll on Saturday, weather was supposed to worsen but stayed good all day. Went Napier-Gisborne-Matawai-Opotiki (via Motu) - Gisborne (via Waioeka gorge)-Napier
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Timely post, while you were typing I was out on a right proper mission dealing to the best of the Motu rd.
    Fueled bike up before work Friday, came home after work picked a spot on map for Saturday.
    Roll on Saturday, weather was supposed to worsen but stayed good all day. Went Napier-Gisborne-Matawai-Opotiki (via Motu) - Gisborne (via Waioeka gorge)-Napier
    You win!
    Our ride yesterday was by no means epic but SH30 is a wonderful bit of road with a lovely pot of gold at either end (if that's what floats your boat) we would have gone further and done a proper loop but early morning fog meant that we didn't get away till late.

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/dir/Ma...-38.368473!3e0

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Try Benneydale to Ongarue -> Poro-O-Taroa Rd...

Take a vacuum flask and some coffee bags and gingernuts for a roadside stop

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Try Benneydale to Ongarue -> Poro-O-Taroa Rd...

Take a vacuum flask and some coffee bags and gingernuts for a roadside stop
    Waimiha/Poro-O-Taroa roads? yeah went that way when we did the Ohura Prison Ride a couple of years ago (Taumaranui/Te kuiti)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Some good cafes mentioned. Sadly I didn't discover either for some time but the one at Pirongia opposite the hall is good - for a year or two I was under the impression it was a garden centre. Bosco's is another favourite. When next passing through Bennydale I'll have to check the former pub.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Some good cafes mentioned. Sadly I didn't discover either for some time but the one at Pirongia opposite the hall is good - for a year or two I was under the impression it was a garden centre. Bosco's is another favourite. When next passing through Bennydale I'll have to check the former pub.
    Give us a holler when you do, we will come and join you for a coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Cheers guys, saw a few bikers going opposite ways too, including one small group who may have done part of what I did in reverse sans the motu.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Give us a holler when you do, we will come and join you for a coffee.
    Thanks. I have no cross country trips planned in the immediate future, but will be heading to Hastings in November but by which route is uncertain.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I had actually forgotten just how wonderful it is to be out on the road, with the wind in your face and smelling the smells.
    Very poignant, and I can't agree more...getting out on two wheels is good therapy .

As of late I've had a few unforeseen circumstances slow down the biking habit, but yeah each time I saddle up and cruise onto the open road it takes mere minutes to be reminded of why I enjoy it so much.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Very poignant, and I can't agree more...getting out on two wheels is good therapy .

As of late I've had a few unforeseen circumstances slow down the biking habit, but yeah each time I saddle up and cruise onto the open road it takes mere minutes to be reminded of why I enjoy it so much.
    Maha and I have been holed up working 24/7 in the smoke for the past year or so, NO riding. This is pure joy now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    welcome to the hospitalty industry. got this afternoon off this week

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Been about a year since my bike left the city (been busy renovating the whole house) so when Mrs Oakie's cousin turned up with his partner on the back of his big Trumpet today and asked if we wanted to go for a ride ... well our bike gear was on in about 5 minutes. Wasn't a big ride ... just from home in Parklands to Lyttleton then back to town via Gebbies so only 60something kms but it was really cool to be reminded what it's like to ride for the sake of it, not just to get to work and back. And after such a long time away from the twistys, I managed to get through it all without any "oh shit" moments too. Yes, it's great to be a biker!
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    dog gets that on the back of the ute.

...just sayin.
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Same day, same thing Mom

Went out to see the "Last of summer" bike show at the Tai tapu hotel (even cleaned & serviced the bike!)

...the show, not for me! (FAAAAR to many new leathers leaning against new harleys with that well known "sons of anarchy" attitude on display)

Pulled up, took one look and thought...farrk this lol, Im going for a ride now I know you lot are off the roads

...was a bloody AWESOME ride too

Two kids and a retarded dog!...they honestly dont let me out much nowdays ...So I made the most of it!

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Went to the Tihoi pub for lunch today, burger/chips and L&P pretty standard order to be honest. SH32 (the Western Access) is a real comfortable ride, sitting on 110-115kph in absolute sunny and still conditions makes for a real pleasurable ride.
    The pub itself has a massive undercover outdoor area where the bike can be parked right by the tables. There is nothing but farmlands for miles then all of a sudden...there's a Pub.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150401_124022.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	769.8 KB 
ID:	310350  

Thread Information