Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blame everything else folks

Bike
    suzuki

Blame everything else folks

over the last few years there's been a spate of people knocked over by buses in Wellington, here's another wanker coroner trying to blame someone else for it all.
    Have their been any children run over, no Cause kids are taught that the roads a dangerous place and to look before you leap....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11425439

Bike
    a red heap
    Praise Darwin!

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Talks about the sign may have obstructed view when she was seen to not turn her head.
    Sad story but look before jogging out onto the road. If view obstructed find a safer spot.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Actually - working there every day since fuck knows when it IS more dangerous than it was. More busses in a tighter area and funnily enough they are actually harder to see... dunno why but its also very unpleasant...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    Talks about the sign may have obstructed view when she was seen to not turn her head.
    Sad story but look before jogging out onto the road. If view obstructed find a safer spot.
    could've just as easily been a van, pedestrian or another bus too.
    i seem to remember when this happened one of her best friends was on the telly saying she thought the speed limit should be lowered, then said that she didn't actually know what the speed limit was (30km/h).
    she wanted to blame someone else too

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    could've just as easily been a van, pedestrian or another bus too.
    i seem to remember when this happened one of her best friends was on the telly saying she thought the speed limit should be lowered, then said that she didn't actually know what the speed limit was (30km/h).
    she wanted to blame someone else too

Doesn't seem long ago a hole was something you didn't step into. Now its something you fill out a JSA, install signs and safety barriers around so that people wont fall in.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    over the last few years there's been a spate of people knocked over by buses in Wellington, here's another wanker coroner trying to blame someone else for it all.
    Have their been any children run over, no Cause kids are taught that the roads a dangerous place and to look before you leap....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11425439
    Actually kids do get run over and far too often. No matter how good the education and parents there is always the human factor.

I think its perfectly alright to have another look at what can be done. I love visiting Wellington but those buses are deathly quiet and there are so many distractions.
    We could do with more fenced footpaths in busy areas like they have in UK.

Pedestrians have now overtaken cyclists as the highest risk to me ending up on a manslaughter charge where I'm working now. No one has been run over yet but the potential exists due to design flaws.
    Unfortunately its public highway so I need to rattle some cages at council or transit. Accidents happen but we all have a duty to mitigate the risk where its economically feasible.

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    It was on the good
    Doesn't seem long ago a hole was something you didn't step into. Now its something you fill out a JSA, install signs and safety barriers around so that people wont fall in.
    A big hole appeared in the main street in Mosgiel last night.

The Police are looking in to it.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post

"It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Sad story but look before jogging out onto the road.
    Probably a good idea to look before leaving the footpath no matter your speed...

Road = big heavy fast moving objects. Pavement = little light soft objects... Suddenly putting soft objects in front of big heavy ones... does this really have to be explained?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    My daughter got run over by a drunk driver coming up behind her and going at speed the wrong way through a 'bus only' area in Wellington a few years ago. They were both on the pavement at the time.
    My point being that sometimes bad stuff happens no matter how careful and attentive you are.
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by mstriumph View Post
    My daughter got run over by a drunk driver coming up behind her and going at speed the wrong way through a 'bus only' area in Wellington a few years ago. They were both on the pavement at the time.
    My point being that sometimes bad stuff happens no matter how careful and attentive you are.
    yip but this clown is syaing a sign blocked her veiw onto the road, well take a better look.
    wrong place wrong time is why they call them accidents. reminds me of a current joke

knock knock

whose there?

the captain.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Had a sphincter clenching moment on the way to work yesterday, two cars ran a pedestrian crossing red light at 50kmhr, ped crossing left side was completely obscured by a parked truck. Luckily the guy was crossing from the other side. Had someone came out from the other side without looking it would have been all over. So in that case blame would certainly lay on both parties, heavier on the drivers.
    Another example was a guy ran out from behind a hedge (admittedly low) on a rainy day as I was driving across a ped crossing, was only doing about 15-20 as it was a bumpy one; didn't see him until he was literally 2m in front of me. I like to think we both learned something that day.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post

I always thought Mosgiel was a big hole...

As for running out in front of a big fucking bus then complaining about being run over, that is about the same as thick cunts that didn't see the train that hit them while driving over a RR crossing.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    I'm normally one for shouting personal responsibility, it's your own fault, but there is something sinister, almost spooky, like make a horror movie about it, spooky. Maybe Manners St is possessed by an evil spirit. Ammityville horror comes to mind.

The buses do seem even quieter than usual along that stretch. It gives me the chills everytime I step out in front of a bus. Mind you Wellington is full of silly people that insist on jogging at lunch time in order to clash with peak pedestrian traffic. That way they can annoy as many people as possible and act like it's our fault that they have to duck and drive along the roadways.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Thread Information