Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Honda CBR 1000RR: Any experiences?

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCarter View Post
    Yea this guy was hinting around $10,500, really nice bike very clean and tidy. The kms on it are kind of an unknown to me as they seem bloody high for a bike.....?
    No way. 40k kms is not huge. A 1000cc engine does not undergo a huge amount of stress generally, they are large capacity engines that send the rider to warp speed in an instant if they open the taps. Unless the guy has been living at track days, the motor shouldn't be particularly stressed. 100k kms out of a road ridden CBR1000rr should be a doddle.Half the reason bikes don't end up in high mileage is because:

1) Sports bikes tend to eventually be binned - and they self-destruct upon binning, relegating them to the parts bin.
    2) Sports bike riders are not like touring riders - rides tend to be shorter and less frequent.
    3) similar to 2), Sportsbike riders tend to often be "fair-weather" riders and thus the mileage doesn't clock up.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    No issues with the kms if it has a proven service record including shock servicing. Inho price should be pretty reasonable and ten five is not.
    $10k for a 2012 with 40k kms is not out of the ball park, depending on condition and goodies. I sold my 2011 last year with 20k kms on it for $15,500 with PC5, Taylormade exhaust and some other little bling. Wasn't a hard sell either....

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Only thing this bike is pushing 40,000ks. He reckons he has had no issues yet surly 40k odd is getting up there....?
    Hardly. Aprilia wanted to know how the CBR performed so they got hold of one and fired it up and let it run. From memory the report was "That engine just would not die".

A few years back a WSBK 'Blade lost a hose in a crash and the coolant could be seen draining out of the engine, the rider remounted and carried on. The commentators observed that would be the end of his race. But the bike finished the race. The commentators than had to comment about what a testament that was to Honda reliability.

Honda reputedly make the most reliable bikes in the world and have done for some time. If you buy sensibly you won't go wrong
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Honda reputedly make the most reliable bikes in the world and have done for some time. If you buy sensibly you won't go wrong
    I've owned quite a few Honda's now, and I'm with Pritch. I've found them all to be pretty reliable.

Take a look at how many CBR250RR's are still about and in good working condition - and the price they are commanding.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Yea this guy was hinting around $10,500, really nice bike very clean and tidy. The kms on it are kind of an unknown to me as they seem bloody high for a bike.....?
    My Bandit is about to hit 100,000ks. It just got a timing chain. With being looked after another 100,000k I think is possible. My old 900 Hornet had 80,000ks on it when i sold it with others doing up to and over 200,000ks.

Its not the Ks its done its how its been looked after in that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV4R
    Thanks for the info so far all.

I went for about an hour ride on a new one today from a dealer that opened up for me. Very cool bike Like the 2012 I was on the other day, basically the same just different colors....

I've only just had a look on TM now in a while and there are a few appealing ones there to. I'm in Wellington next weekend, perhaps earlier so I'm going to stop in a at Motomart and have a look at this;

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-863546160.htm

This one too has higher Ks yet a few extras on it and well over priced yet I'm sure I can either do a deal or walk away quite happily, depending if it is even in good condition/service history as Brett has mentioned. It's not my first choice yet an option for a relatively cheaper bike from new.

I'll let you all know what I find anyway.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Thanks for the info so far all.

I went for about an hour ride on a new one today from a dealer that opened up for me. Very cool bike Like the 2012 I was on the other day, basically the same just different colors....

I've only just had a look on TM now in a while and there are a few appealing ones there to. I'm in Wellington next weekend, perhaps earlier so I'm going to stop in a at Motomart and have a look at this;

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-863546160.htm

This one too has higher Ks yet a few extras on it and well over priced yet I'm sure I can either do a deal or walk away quite happily, depending if it is even in good condition/service history as Brett has mentioned. It's not my first choice yet an option for a relatively cheaper bike from new.

I'll let you all know what I find anyway.
    Haha ya cheaky bastard...I have been eyeing that bike up this weekend!

Bike
    Aprillia RSV4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Haha ya cheaky bastard...I have been eyeing that bike up this weekend!
    Hey hey hey it was you that said to me 40k odd ks was all good...... I tell ya what if its a no go I'll leave it for ya.

It does look dam cool.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Hey hey hey it was you that said to me 40k odd ks was all good...... I tell ya what if its a no go I'll leave it for ya.

It does look dam cool.
    I haven't been down for a look, but it does seem tidy from the net pics. Some nice bits on it too. I would be wrapping it black however, all my bikes are black! See if you can knock them on price a bit though...I wouldn't pay over mid $10's even with the bling tbh.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV4R
    I haven't been down for a look, but it does seem tidy from the net pics. Some nice bits on it too. I would be wrapping it black however, all my bikes are black! See if you can knock them on price a bit though...I wouldn't pay over mid $10's even with the bling tbh.
    A mate from Palmy went to Wellington today and stopped by on the way home, it sold Thursday last week this guy said to him. Gave him this following story.....

It was owned by a guy in his 60s from Invercargill who traded it on new ABS Repsol model, he put all the bits on it........ The guy that brought it didn't have a license yet rode MotoX.. Ummmm yeah. He hit him up and said well you still have it listed on TM whats up with that and didn't get an answer, yet got directed to the new models in the window. He did say by the way the guy was talking my mate doubted they would budge on the price.

So thats one less I won't be looking at now.....

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't pay over mid $10's even with the bling tbh.
    For that money the only 2012 model 'Blade you are likely to find will surely have been rolled, bowled and arseholed?

Looking at the prices on Tardme new CBRs look to be amazing value brand new, from 18,495 even in Repsol colours. So much motorcycle for the money.
    Makes the SP model look very expensive at 28,995 for what is essentially a track bike.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Aprillia RSV4R
    Looking at the prices on Tardme new CBRs look to be amazing value brand new, from 18,495 even in Repsol colours. So much motorcycle for the money.
    Makes the SP model look very expensive at 28,995 for what is essentially a track bike.
    I agree a new one is so much motorcycle for bugger all money.. Yet TM is a terrible guide for market value.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    For that money the only 2012 model 'Blade you are likely to find will surely have been rolled, bowled and arseholed?

They are great value for money as new bikes, but at that price you're also starting to be able to look at S1000rr etc. http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-866121692.htm

As for the CBR SP...silly money for a blade.

Bike
    S1000RR
    They are great value for money as new bikes, but at that price you're also starting to be able to look at S1000rr etc. http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-866121692.htm

As for the CBR SP...silly money for a blade.
    With the new 2015 Yamaha R1s release, Yamaha NZ are doing clearance sale on brand new untouched 2014 R1s for sub $20k.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250

Thread Information