Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A crashed Bucket

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

A crashed Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by NSR143 View Post
    There is no MNZ rule in the rulebook stating a downed bike cannot continue.

2015 proposed rule changes, a crashed Bucket will not be able to re enter the race at all if the proposed rule change on page 4 go’s through as it is.

On the face of it, its a good proposal but it looks like the time-honoured tradition of a Bucket racer being able to scramble to their feet and continue to race (even after a quick safety check in the pits) is under threat.

Buckets (probably) being the biggest class of RR, and particularly the go kart track riders where low level crashing is a common occurrence need to think the implications of this proposed rule change through and submit their thoughts in a constructive submission to MNZ.

2015 Proposed Rule Change for all RR Classes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015 Proposed MNZ Rule Changes.pdf 
Views:	70 
Size:	418.8 KB 
ID:	310428

Page 4

Chapter 22 – Road Racing
    22.1.3 – All machines that crash during practice, qualifying or racing cannot continue that session.
    At the end of that session crashed machines must be delivered to the Machine Examiners for re-examination and Gear Check before re-entering the circuit. Riders that continue after crashing must be reported to the Clerk of the Course.

Page 4:- http://www.mnz.co.nz/docs/default-so...1.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Probably affects cart track riders more than the mainland big track riders but for or against put your submissions on this proposed rule change into MNZ now.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    I don't mind the rule. Its all about safety. If it helps save lives and broken bones then thats good with me.

Also with buckets, well in wellington at lease, most club races are only 8 laps long. So you only have a few mins to kick yourself for making a misstake. Or to calm down, after the cock sucker still riding that took you out, comes into the pits so you can punch his face in.

Bike
    I was not thinking of opposing the proposed rule as it seems a sensible one. But rather thinking of an exclusion for Bucket races run on Kart tracks as their crashes are common and mostly low level.

The proposed rule as it is would decimate the field in the 2 hour race at Mt Wellington and would have an unnecessary effect on longer races like the F4 and F5 GP when they are run on a Kart track. I am not sure how the Mainlanders feel about it with regards to the 1 hour Battle of the Buckets run at Ruapuna. but I guess the proposed rule change makes more sense at Greymouth and Methervin.

Anyway I was thinking of proposing an exclusion for Bucket races run on cart tracks.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    The other changes included in the pdf are
    F4 70cc twostroke turbo /surercharged
    F4 100cc allowed 107cc with overboring
    Sharkfin chain guards

And of course they left the S in
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I was not thinking of opposing the proposed rule as it seems a sensible one. But rather thinking of an exclusion for Bucket races run on Kart tracks as their crashes are common and mostly low level.

The proposed rule as it is would decimate the field in the 2 hour race at Mt Wellington and would have an unnecessary effect on longer races like the F4 and F5 GP when they are run on a Kart track. I am not sure how the Mainlanders feel about it with regards to the 1 hour Battle of the Buckets run at Ruapuna. I guess it makes more sense at Greymouth and Methervin.
    It is a tricky one. If running on a kart track then the speeds are not so high. But If the rider continues and crashes on the same side then maybe the track protection on the bike gives up and damages the track. Not so flash for biker kart relations!

Re BOB. That in my mind is the same as any bigger track event. Its fast and therefore should fall into the same bracket as all the others. It won't stop people pushing for the win. And there is always another day another race.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    The other changes included in the pdf are
    F4 70cc twostroke turbo /surercharged
    Sharkfin chain guards

Was looking for the Mx engine one but could not see it.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC

The proposed rule as it is would decimate the field in the 2 hour race at Mt Wellington and would have an unnecessary effect on longer races like the F4 and F5 GP when they are run on a Kart track. I am not sure how the Mainlanders feel about it with regards to the 1 hour Battle of the Buckets run at Ruapuna. but I guess the proposed rule change makes more sense at Greymouth and Methervin.

Anyway I was thinking of proposing an exclusion for Bucket races run on cart tracks.
    I agree, its a bit of a broad brush approach, if organisers want it they can include it with a supplimentary reg. They dont have this rule for motox and buckets are not generally run on the same tracks as most Road Race meets

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Was looking for the Mx engine one but could not see it.
    I guess to have it included someone would have to submit a rulechange request

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    I guess to have it included someone would have to submit a rulechange request
    100% true. I just figured after all the hoopla about it some one would have.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    100% true. I just figured after all the hoopla about it some one would have.
    It would seem not, but we should consider if we want the other changes, I notice Rob was in the pulpit singing the praises of 70cc 2t forced induction this morning , coincidence? Its really just a rule change that is for one person. Wheras the 107cc rulechange will have much more appeal to many people, and may finally see 125's on the scrapheap

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    It would seem not, but we should consider if we want the other changes, I notice Rob was in the pulpit singing the praises of 70cc 2t forced induction this morning , coincidence? Its really just a rule change that is for one person. Wheras the 107cc rulechange will have much more appeal to many people, and may finally see 125's on the scrapheap
    My personal opinion is. Raise the hundies to 107. Allow 85mx engines. Bums on seats is what should be the focus. As I have said before. You still have to ride good to win.

Bike
    Yo momma

2015 proposed rule changes, a crashed Bucket will not be able to re enter the race at all if the proposed rule change on page 4 go’s through as it is.

On the face of it, its a good proposal but it looks like the time-honoured tradition of a Bucket racer being able to scramble to their feet and continue to race (even after a quick safety check in the pits) is under threat.

Buckets (probably) being the biggest class of RR, and particularly the go kart track riders where low level crashing is a common occurrence need to think the implications of this proposed rule change through and submit their thoughts in a constructive submission to MNZ.

2015 Proposed Rule Change for all RR Classes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015 Proposed MNZ Rule Changes.pdf 
Views:	70 
Size:	418.8 KB 
ID:	310428

Page 4

Chapter 22 – Road Racing
    22.1.3 – All machines that crash during practice, qualifying or racing cannot continue that session.
    At the end of that session crashed machines must be delivered to the Machine Examiners for re-examination and Gear Check before re-entering the circuit. Riders that continue after crashing must be reported to the Clerk of the Course.

Page 4:- http://www.mnz.co.nz/docs/default-so...1.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Probably affects cart track riders more than the mainland big track riders but for or against put your submissions on this proposed rule change into MNZ now.
    Organizers might think about consulting with the kart track owners for their input. They might want/expect/insist on nylons etc being inspected after a spill. As for not being allowed to continue the session after a spill, that sounds stupid especially for buckets and longer 'real bike' races.

Bike
    I notice Rob was in the pulpit singing the praises of 70cc 2t forced induction this morning , coincidence? Its really just a rule change that is for one person. Where as the 107cc rule change will have much more appeal to many people, and may finally see 125's on the scrapheap
    No coincidence and it looks like I was the only one to be open about it and seek comment before I made the submission.

So I am just floating the idea to get other peoples opinions about whether there is a place for expanding the rules to allow a broader range of options, particularly options that encourage experimentation.
    and I posted the full text of my proposal for comment here before I submitted it, everyone else seems to have put theirs forward by stealth. 107cc for the 100's thing benefits a few, an even handed rule benefits all.

Change 24.2 to read. F4 4 stroke engines of less than 100cc capacity and F4 2 stroke engines of less than 70cc capacity, which may be turbo or supercharged
    It is no secret that I proposed that if 4T's have a forced induction option then 2T's should too, then anyone whether a 2T or a 4T enthusiast would have the same range of options, level playing field, same rule for all and all that.

I don't have any plans for a turbo 2T but do have a 150cc CVT H2O 4T Scooter which has a 2.5x17 front and a 3.5x16 rear wheel and a good motorcycle type ladder frame. The engine could be stroked and bored to 99cc and turbocharged to make a very effective racer.

I thought the 107cc was only for the benefit of someone who did not wan't to go to the effort of doing it properly.

So if there are a few people wanting 107cc for their old 100's then maybe 125+7% for air cooled 125s would be fair and would allow them 133.75cc maximum oversize so we could use the full range of oversize pistons available to keep our old bikes on the track for longer too, now that would be fair. And then there is 4T 150cc + 7% to think about.

If your going to put a rule forward, make it fair to all, otherwise its just an exercise in self interest.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Well I'm claiming credit for crushing the 100 overbore nonsense last year, someone else will need to do it this year as I don't have a MNZ licence. Should be the same argument as last time, the rule should apply to, or benefit all. It can't be to the exclusive benefit of one (or two) bike owners who can't be bothered de-stroking.

We all love the "s" as it sends Husaberg in to a tailspin

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Now that wasn't well thought out at all, they'll have to use 24mm carbs - "24.2 ... F4 2 stroke engines over 104cc are restricted to carburation equivalent to a single 24mm carburettor"

Thread Information