Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planning for 50 riders to ride for two weeks October November 2016

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Sweet - we are 50km north of Wellington - let me know if we can assist...
    Thanks Paul, will keep this is mind.

You are close to Rimutakas? Spent three months on those roads back in 1977. Riding out from Trentham. I would love to ride that road again.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    Thanks Paul, will keep this is mind.

You are close to Rimutakas? Spent three months on those roads back in 1977. Riding out from Trentham. I would love to ride that road again.
    No - we are on the Kapiti Coast but we can take you over the Paekakareki Hill road to the Rimutakas

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    If you need help in hamilton I am more than happy to assist, can help with discounted accommodation as well.

best wishes for the event

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    If you need help in hamilton I am more than happy to assist, can help with discounted accommodation as well.

best wishes for the event
    Thanks, I am an old Karapiro Hydro, Cambridge rider, still have friends there that ride. If finances stretch I want to come back up that way after the ride.

My old bike from Cambridge.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Well, this sukz!
    I joined KB sometime back.
    Then, a ride for something as important as Breast Cancer didn't get much attention. But you know what there were hundreds of bikers, riders and pillions. Word managed to get around!
    These days a poor turnout affected by wind and rain didn't even get a mention.
    This year as with many of the other years those who did show up, didn't make a song and dance about it. Like most of us they thought, we don't go, the girls get F..k all. So they went.
    Whats wrong here in KB land, I know plenty who went, who are KB, I know that most of those I've just mentioned are proud of dong this sort of ride and look forward to doing them for the recipients, not so much their own enjoyment.
    My question, are we so worried what others think that we don't register our attendance?
    Are we so worried what other people might think about us being a soft touch that we don't even talk about having had a great ride with many and varied machines and riders that we are too afraid to mention it here on KB?
    Have we all turned into self centered pussies to the extent that we don't encourage others to put this sort of ride together anymore???
    If the answer is yes then KB'ers, you suck!
    Come on people, those who went, aren't you proud of helping?
    Didn't you enjoy riding with a bunch of other people you didn't know who you did know by the end of the day?
    Was this a worthy event?
    Didn't you enjoy the company? the food? the opportunity to mix with lots of people you never thought you would?
    For fucks sake, Say something, let everyone else know what they missed out on.
    Any charity ride is a good ride.
    The opportunity to make a difference is not given to Joe public that often.
    We're lucky, it happens for us far more often than most.
    Talk about it people, remind those that didn't go what they missed, shame the fuckers into coming next year no Matter The Weather, cause tis is one of the best rides out there.
    Here's one for you.
    Thanks Tribal, you guys rock, loved meeting you and being involved with you on such a worthy event, glad you got in the photo's and vids Mr anony- mouse maori fella.
    Roll on September. Who's all coming???
    Any comments to the outstanding responses to this event?? Come on Mark say what you mean!!!

Bike
    BMW R1200RT
    Hi Graelin

I hope to be part of this as this is close to my heart.

I may only be able to do parts of the North Island but when we have dates we can sort this out.

A couple of rides may clash that you should know about. NZ Distance riders - early Oct 1600km and early Nov 1000km. I don't have there 2016 dates but it may pay to keep an eye on there website.

Hope this helps.

Glen
    Ride it until the wheels fall off...

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Hi Graelin

I hope to be part of this as this is close to my heart.

I may only be able to do parts of the North Island but when we have dates we can sort this out.

A couple of rides may clash that you should know about. NZ Distance riders - early Oct 1600km and early Nov 1000km. I don't have there 2016 dates but it may pay to keep an eye on there website.

Hope this helps.

Glen
    Good on ya!! I think its great and disappointed at the low response rate - as indicated by caseyes rant (from another thread)

Bike
    BMW

Up date from West Australia

Steve our founder has chosen some tentative dates.

Tentatively I'm thinking of a start in Auckland with a 1 Dayer on Sunday Oct 30 and finish with a 1 Dayer in Christchurch on Sunday Nov 12.

The one Dayers will be for Kiwis to join in with us, we may also have a one Dayer in Wellington.

Other charity runs over here in the last two weeks.

Two weeks ago I awoke to very stormy weather, another group "Bikers Against Child Abuse" had a ride on. Checked a web site and everyone was pulling out so I decided to head off, 200kms in cold, wet and windy weather. We had two trees down where we rode.

Serpentine Dam stop.

[/URL][/IMG]

Last weekend we did an over nighter, "Black Dog Ride Bikes and Yarns."

We visited four Indigenous communities with a suicide prevention program with OneLife.

News paper article below.

http://www.waginargus.com.au/story/3...wagin/?cs=1539

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Good on ya!! I think its great and disappointed at the low response rate - as indicated by caseyes rant (from another thread)
    Thanks Murray, and other contributors. We have had one forum member come on board with the Christchurch One Dayer. Very appreciated as it is quite hard to arrange from over here and local input is vital for us. Thanks Rastuscat!

The Around Australia ride is screened on Sydney TV tomorrow and here is the promo.

It is still quite hard for us to watch actually it is very hard as we lost our friend and integral part of the organising group on the ride, we completed the ride in Les honour. The crash with a truck was not his fault in any way. I rode TEC with Les for fifteen days in 2013.

http://youtu.be/6hR0L62FtXM

Hope you guys were ok in the storms and Tauranga damage.

Thread Information