Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodgy dealers?

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trident

Dodgy dealers?

So I was trying to buy a part for my sons scooter, came across this trademe listing, after asking a few questions I decided this guy won't be getting my money...
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...49&permanent=0
    REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by triplethumper View Post
    So I was trying to buy a part for my sons scooter, came across this trademe listing, after asking a few questions I decided this guy won't be getting my money...
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...49&permanent=0
    That's Terry. He posts parts and does change of ownerships at my wifes work. Hes gruff but OK. Not going to be easy to have a phone conversation with.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    F800GS
    I got an entire motor for the daughters scooter off him a few years ago. Like Mossy said, he's o.k. He can be a bit prickly though
    And phone conversations were an adventure

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trident
    I had a good browse through his feedback and fair enough, lots of happy customers however his responses when things had gone wrong didn't impress me at all. I guess I'm over dealing with people that irritate me when there's so many good buggers out there willing to be helpfull...

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Slightly off topic here, but do you think that dealing with the public is a damn sight harder than it used to be? I would not have the patience or tolerance to serve people in a shop or business. Most would get told to 'eff off' fairly smartly. That would probably make me part of the problem,
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    Yep it is awa355, to many self serving prats out there to used to getting what they want when they demand it ( i blame the parents, ya kno the type, them liberal nancy no boundary, kids have all the rights feckers)

I take my hat off to anyone that has the patience and good graces to serve/deal with the public well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    Slightly off topic here, but do you think that dealing with the public is a damn sight harder than it used to be? I would not have the patience or tolerance to serve people in a shop or business. Most would get told to 'eff off' fairly smartly. That would probably make me part of the problem,
    yes it is, they used to tell 6 friends when you did that, now they post it on the internet ,

Bike
    Katana GS650 1983
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    Yep and strangely (maybe not so) with the colder weather people have just got bitchier - As hubbie would say "stop yah bloody moaning"
    YOU ARE A LONG TIME DEAD!! ENJOY LIFE WHILE YOU HAVE IT!!

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    I work in an industry where we place high importance on customer service, and deal with people on a daily basis where you think to yourself, how the hell can you run a business when you are so fucking rude?

In saying that though, You are ruining his auction with pestering questions. I dont know what you hoped to acheive apart from cost the man money simply for the case of being a dick.

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baffa View Post
    I work in an industry where we place high importance on customer service, and deal with people on a daily basis where you think to yourself, how the hell can you run a business when you are so fucking rude?

In saying that though, You are ruining his auction with pestering questions. I dont know what you hoped to acheive apart from cost the man money simply for the case of being a dick.
    Kind of agree here. It appears to me the problem started after the way the OP questioned him on the price.

I'd say the seller had plenty of occasion to laugh if he indeed sold the part for the price he was asking so quickly, and the OP was still blathering about it being too expensive.

Snooze = lose

If I had fielded that question on one of my auctions then my reply would have been along the lines of "go buy the $68 part, if you think it's a good deal" and then I would have blacklisted you. In fact I probably would have blacklisted you after the "bit steep" comment, without any hard feelings. The deal goes both ways, and he sold his part anyway, so just because you're a buyer doesn't you make you any better than the seller, particularly when you're after something specific.

PS To clarify "you" = OP, not Baffa
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trident
    Quote Originally Posted by baffa View Post

He ruined his own auction, he didn't have to reply to my questions and he didn't have to be an arse. What I was trying to achieve was to purchase a used part for a fair price His quote was nearly twice the price of a new part and he got all pissy when I challenged him. how many people does he overcharge because they don't know any different?

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    He ruined his own auction, he didn't have to reply to my questions and he didn't have to be an arse. What I was trying to achieve was to purchase a used part for a fair price His quote was nearly twice the price of a new part and he got all pissy when I challenged him. how many people does he overcharge because they don't know any different?
    Do you have the part now?
    Keep on chooglin'

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I'd just not bothered to reply to your later questions. TM is full over over priced or miss represented items (a bike recently listed proclaiming Ohlins shock but has the factory red spring etc - it did had a O sticker though!) just move along if you don't see what you want as there are some very good traders on there.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    how many people does he overcharge because they don't know any different?
    Caveat Emptor, if people are stupid enough to pay more for something than they need to, more fool them. if another person has something to sell it is only ever worth what some one else is prepared to pay. If i find a comparable item cheaper elsewhere then i shop elsewhere i don't go getting ancy with the person or shop with the higher priced item.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trident
    My intention wasn't to get into an argument with the guy, I knew the price was too high and was hoping he would realize this too and offer a more realistic price, no harm no foul... Yip, I ended up trolling the guy but as I said he didn't need to respond and make it public.

The second part to the story was that Scooterazzi in Wellington wouldn't sell me one either. After hearing the symptoms they told me I didn't need one and explained how to fix it without spending a cent! Scooter is now running perfectly. That's good customer service. In return I brought some Pirellis for the triumph off them and will go straight there in the future.

Thread Information