Thread: Thoughts on an RGV150?

Bike
    Suzuki AX100 & Honda CG110

Thoughts on an RGV150?

so considered purchasing a RGV150, want a motorcycle with few more ponies than my little 100.
    bike im looking at has a current wof and reg, but are there any common issues with these bikes? do they have good oil injection systems? fuel efficiency etc.
    just wondering if the bike would be suited for small open road rides, obviously wouldnt travel from the cape to bluff on it but want something to go on a few small tours without the need of a big 4 stroke.
    i know they have a strong track presence but im concerned with how high it sits in the revs on the open road, or if they are suited to high revs.

anyone who's owned one that has any info or help would be appreciated

Bike
    Yamaha Fzx 250 Zeal, Suzuki Fxr 150
    Quote Originally Posted by n ritchie View Post
    so considered purchasing a RGV150, want a motorcycle with few more ponies than my little 100.
    bike im looking at has a current wof and reg, but are there any common issues with these bikes? do they have good oil injection systems? fuel efficiency etc.
    just wondering if the bike would be suited for small open road rides, obviously wouldnt travel from the cape to bluff on it but want something to go on a few small tours without the need of a big 4 stroke.
    i know they have a strong track presence but im concerned with how high it sits in the revs on the open road, or if they are suited to high revs.

anyone who's owned one that has any info or help would be appreciated
    My cousin has a rgv 150, pulls pretty good for what it is and he said he got his upto 170 indicated. down low torque? none its has the torque down low of like a 125cc but when its in its powerband it feels like it has near the same power as a 250 inline 4. going up hills in the wrong gear? it will bog down so you have to shift it into power band if you want to get anywhere fast and it handles like a dream, really planted and stable although since its a 2 stroke and it lacks torque it will be considerably alot slower in a head wind so if the top speed is 170 and you got a really bad headwind you might be lucky to get 130-140 out of them. you need to keep the carb clean or else it runs like crap. it gives the illusion the bike is fast because its like no power then suddenly all of it at once which gives you the illusion that its fast but its really not.

Thread Information