Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Motorcyclist Demographics

Bike
    2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SMK5
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    looks like every other harley out there, have you no sense of individuality? you might as well be riding around on the 2 wheeled equivilant of a yellow cab -, what i dont get is how normal bike riding people buy a harley and turn themselves into their very own hells angel, and what the fuck do you need a leather waistcoat and a wallet on a chain for
    Totally awesome.
    CHUR ! Did I upset you...

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Its clearly a lemon. Get rid of it!
    Nah, it's not run in yet. I'll give another 100k and see what it's like then...
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    There's a quote, from a Rolls Royce exec at a press function on the release of a new model, when asked by some smart arsed oik if RR were so reliable then why they came with such a comprehensive tool kit.

The answer was roughly: We supply a tool kit so that our clients may render assistance to those unfortunate enough not to own a Rolls Royce.

Presumably HD kits are compiled from exclusively metric tools.
    I was in possession of a Bentley s2 for a while (silver cloud ii with Bentley badges) and the manual was a surprisingly good read. Particularly instructions to tow start the push button auto gearbox, including reference to leaving the upstanding gentleman towing you sufficient room as not to rear end his vehicle once started, but worded much bettera and there was probably reference to having your driver do it rather than implying you were driving yourself, God forbid.

[QUOTE=Flip;1130866948]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Don't know aye. Couldn't have to do anything with the open minded non brand zombiefied hipster people like Flip.

Curious if he he owns Apple branded everything and excitedly starts conversations at the supermarket with people wearing the same colour.

QUOTE]

I have nothing against jap bikes, they are very well designed, made and excellent value for money. I just enjoy a good vigorous discussion about motorcycles. Not sure about being hip?

I am a old school engineer by profession, I like old bikes, old cars, old radios, old guns and old houses. My HD is very old school, with modern reilyability and fuel consumption. However the roady can trace its ancestory directory back to a bike that was made in the 20's. I am happy with the existing mix of old and new in a vehicle that I can ride every day far and wide. It fits me like a old pair of shoes.

I don't actually own any apple products, I had a bad run with apple I pods and wont be buying any more apple products.

My HD has had 1 new belt in the last 10 years, a few bulbs and a new headlight and thats all I can think of. I do however run Mobil1 V2 or HD syn3 motor oil. For a high milage air cooled motor its oil consumption is like a new bike.

My love of old things is as follows, my house was made in the 1880's, my oldest car in 1928, my radio in 1956 (and I am working on an earlier one) my oldest hunting gun in 1762, my lathe in the 1950's. I believe just because something uses old technology doesn't mean its rubbish.

My last modern bike was a Triumph Trophy 1200. Loved that bike as well, powerfull but it was terrible to ride in cross winds. I also tended to collect a few speeding tickets on it which was a pain.

I just read to much into you retarded fanboy themed comments, you do them so well :-P

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    I do try.

Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    Whilst we won't agree which marque is the best,
    We can all at least agree that Auckland is NZ's best city.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    85% of all Harley Davidson's made are still on the road...

....the rest made it home.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by baffa View Post
    Whilst we won't agree which marque is the best,
    We can all at least agree that Auckland is NZ's best city.
    totally, thousands of indians and asians cant be wrong

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    totally, thousands of indians and asians cant be wrong
    Ouch.....................

Bike
    Repsol something or other
    Of course. They know from experience than south of the bombays thar be dragons

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    And the ride american iron.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon-motorcycle.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	312368

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    And the ride american iron.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Jap bikes have:

Inferior build quality.
    Inferior dealer network
    Inferior parts availability
    Eye wateringly expensive parts
    Non-existent dealer sponsored owners club
    Inferior resale value
    Little to no custom parts availability.
    Inferior fire resistance
    Non-existent brand loyalty.
    Built in obsolesce by both design and parts availability.
    Inferior pride in ownership.

When I see some body with a "serious" Suzuki/Honda tattoo I will take it all back.
    That's the funniest load of crap I've ever read. I seriously hope you don't believe that shit.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday I visited a bike shop that I hadn't been to in a while, they had a nice Road King. There were twenty seven thousand reasons I didn't buy it, besides which it would have been a real bitch to get in and out of my shed.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I carry a good tool kit in all my vehicles, c/w a first aid kit and small fire extinguisher. Nothing worse than having a break down and not being able to fix it. You might notice that a few of those tools in my HD kit are metric. Not much use to me on a imperial vehicle.

Some of my best friends ride jappers. No seriously they do.
    Who said we'd admit to being your friends? Oh that's right I have a Triumph now. You should buy a Triumph & experience some dealership love. . . . [lights fuse & stands well back]

Anyway you do at least own some decent vehicles (the ones with the tuning fork logos).
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    LOL at the inferior build quality comment, pretty much ensures no one can take any claim made by that poster with any seriousness at all.

Reliability: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...ycle/index.htm

I ride a sports tourer, one of the biggest reasons for my particular choice was reliability and build quality. For me it is essential to have a reliable vehicle so that I can go to work and earn the money to spend on motorcycles & motorcycle accessories. The ST Owners forum has many mentions of the ST1300 being fine for more than quarter million miles with no mechanical work over and above routine maintenance. I have no knowledge of repairs because running 22 thousand kms in a year only requires petrol, oil, filters, tyres & maybe brake pads - no repairs of any kind.

I don't know much about motorcycle demographics, I just know I prefer to ride rather than drive. I have 4 wheels, by which I mean that I have 2 motorcycles in the garage. I ride 52 weeks a year running up 20,000+ km per year. I ride 350km per week to get to work & back 5 times and then when I'm on holiday I ride more kms than that. I ride at 3am when the temperature is below freezing and I ride in torrential rain and gale force wind. What demographic would I be in and why should I care about it?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Thread Information