Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on gsx250 first bike? and gear advice please

Bike
    -
    Just been in at Boyds, in Hamilton. They have a 3 day massive sale going on.

Found all my gear in the right sizes for a VERY good price.

All up paid $460 for the following, maybe some of the choices weren't right but it fits me and feels good so I am stoked.
    Dririder Nordic jacket and pants (Jacket was $40 as a warranty return, only defect to be seen is some wear at the end of one sleeve)
    Orina Sports gloves
    HJC FS-11 (older model, still felt great)
    Sidi Astro boots

Happy days

Bike
    Trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by doombubble View Post
    Just been in at Boyds, in Hamilton. They have a 3 day massive sale going on.

Found all my gear in the right sizes for a VERY good price.

All up paid $460 for the following, maybe some of the choices weren't right but it fits me and feels good so I am stoked.
    Dririder Nordic jacket and pants (Jacket was $40 as a warranty return, only defect to be seen is some wear at the end of one sleeve)
    Orina Sports gloves
    HJC FS-11 (older model, still felt great)
    Sidi Astro boots

Happy days
    Bugger I was too late to reply, I was going to suggest on going for a short drive to KihiKihi just out of Te awamutu to a store called Motozone, they have some great deals on riding gear.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    You nailed the issue about gear.

Buy new. It's the best way to know what condition thwe gear is in, and it's also the best way to get a suit that fits properly. And if something goes wrong, zips etc, you get a warranty.

A lot of bike shops have a sales rack, where they sell off last years fashions. Go that way. It looks like you lucked out anyway, it'd be hard to do better, go you.

35 years into my riding career I'm still not sure what sort of motorbike I want next. Damn, it's a cool journey.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    If you're buying a lot of gear from one place don't be afraid to ask for a deal. I bought a replacement jacket from the local Revit supplier here and asked what they could do for me given that I was also going to replace boots, pants and get some summer gloves the following week. 10% discount on the whole lot straight up without batting an eyelid.
    Grow older but never grow up

Thread Information