Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Triumph street triple 660 worth the price?

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennz View Post
    I'm just wanting to know others opinion if the bike is worth that much or better to consider MT-07. Not enjoying the ninja as much due it characteristics for me, it has been good to learn on but wanting something bigger and possible in street naked range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You need to make the final decision. If you buy your second choice bike then decide to upgrade again then you will loose money twice.

If you ride the Yamaha and love it the same or more buy it.
    If you ride the Yamaha and don't you will wish you bought the triumph.

If your not sure what to do keep the bike you have.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    A
    I'm just wanting to know others opinion if the bike is worth that much or better to consider MT-07. Not enjoying the ninja as much due it characteristics for me, it has been good to learn on but wanting something bigger and possible in street naked range

Buying a bike is largely an emotional decision, so buy whichever bike gives you the biggest thrill. And no that's not sexual innuendo...

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Blag a ride on a full power street triple, or something considered "full size", then test ride the 660. If you still think you'll keep it for a while (few years) get the 660 now. if you know you'll be pining for a bigger bike as soon as you get your full then tough it out.
    Ciao Marco

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Personally for the money I reckon the mt07 is way better value. Though I don't know what the neutered nz version is like.

Bike
    None yet
    I did a test ride on a MT-07 today and without a doubt Triple 660 is a superior bike to that. Both were done under 100kms , and I can only say triple 660 is outstanding! It is my opinion only.

Now just need to do the math and finances

Bike
    Buy the full power 675 and don't crash it or get pulled over.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    I can only say triple 660 is outstanding! It is my opinion only.
    And as a leaner your opinion means dick.

Either stick with your learner bike or buy a proper bike and don't get caught. The $14k compromise option is about the stupidest move you could make.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    And as a leaner your opinion means dick.

Either stick with your learner bike or buy a proper bike and don't get caught. The $14k compromise option is about the stupidest move you could make.
    bennz, meet mike, he is our resident customer service adviser

Yours is the only opinoin that matters, make sure you test drive a good range mind you. I personally have a 650 naked (I think it is now on the lams list actually) and 750 faired; no problem using either around town or on the open road... I prefer the 750 for its riding position and less windage when touring though. What I'm saying is a 660 is more than capable of being all the bike you need, is the 14k price tag worth it? depends what else you find for less.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    None yet
    What a lovely guy is Mike
    Did it hurt you by saying how I felt about MT-07 ?
    Thanks Bogan for your input. How have you found the build quality of your bikes ? Is the service and repair costs quite hefty or manageable ?

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Thanks Bogan for your input. How have you found the build quality of your bikes ? Is the service and repair costs quite hefty or manageable ?
    Not really the one to talk to about that stuff, as I do my own service/repairs/ mods, and the bikes are 25 years old.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Assuming the 660 is at motorad I might go have a ride. Im curious now. Might be raining tomorrow though. Not curious to get wet on a bike im not buying. From what I read about the triple with the torque moved down low in the rev range you cant tell its got less power at normal riding speeds. Different story at speeds well above the speed limit though. That's not always a bad thing. I bought a T100 triumph after owning a zx12 and it was fun to ride because you needed to shift more often rather than depend on massive power.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Sold
    I came from an 1100 Blackbird to a 675 Street Triple. Under normal road conditions, the performance difference isn't as much as you might think. I'll have owned it for 6 years in October and all I've had to do is have the mirror stalks replaced under warranty (rusting), rectifier changed as part of a world wide recall and that's about it. I'll be replacing it at the end of the year with another one, either the R or RX sport version.

As others have said, I'd save your pennies, get your full licence as quick as you can and get a 675. If you thought the 660 was good, the 675 is so much better.

Bike
    None yet
    Thanks blackbird for your input as well . Appreciate the advice too I'm not in the immediate rush to pay that much money.
    But evaluating my options against what would be valuable and fun for now until I have my full, made me consider triple 660.

And you are right about 675, it is more powerful bike at only $2500 more than 660.

I was hoping to hear from one or more owners of 660 about their opinion as well in terms of what made them to choose to buy the bike.

Bike
    Sold
    No worries. If you want to see an in-depth review of the Triple, this is my evaluation. http://geoffjames.blogspot.co.nz/201...revisited.html . It's now covered 65,00 km and have replaced the OEM shock with an upmarket one, but it's still running like a dream.

Bike
    None yet
    Very awesome and detailed review blackbird ! Thanks for sharing

Thread Information