Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 40th Cold Kiwi, Who is going?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    last year the hill climb was a bit of a joke IMO.

Plenty of thrills & spills on the hill climb:
    Same hill the last two years..........things can change from year to the next eh? great to see nearly a page full of entrants for the hill climb before it kicked off, and they all seemed to lap it up....

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

I think that next year I'll take the DR650, just in case.
    I managed to not drop the ST but it was damn close at times.
    With the DR I'm not so worried, I've already dropped it plenty of times.
    Dual Sports are still near as bad on wet grass and that soft clay mush style mud. Especially loaded up with gear. All part of the fun.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Dual Sports are still near as bad on wet grass and that soft clay mush style mud. Especially loaded up with gear. All part of the fun.
    You can say that, but I'd rather pick up a bike that weighs ~160kg than one that weighs ~320kg.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Same hill the last two years..........things can change from year to the next eh? great to see nearly a page full of entrants for the hill climb before it kicked off, and they all seemed to lap it up....
    They changed that hill, removed quite a few rocks and that really did make a big difference.
    I'd rate the hill at the previous site a bit better, but the hill climb went well this year so big ups to them for getting it decently sorted.
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    2011 Yamaha xvs1100
    Last year being the first at the new site was different
    This year the site is growing on me I think it will become a favorite.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    "I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage.
    They've experienced pain and brought jewelry." - Rita Rudner
    A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live

Bike
    suzuki
    They changed that hill, removed quite a few rocks and that really did make a big difference.
    I'd rate the hill at the previous site a bit better, but the hill climb went well this year so big ups to them for getting it decently sorted.
    nothing at all was done to the hill whatsoever, they weren't even going to run it there till a last minute decision, here's last years hillclimb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014 hill climb.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	315598  

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Mud fucken mud

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    nothing at all was done to the hill whatsoever, they weren't even going to run it there till a last minute decision, here's last years hillclimb.
    Obviously I had been misinformed, thanks for the correction.
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    Mud fucken mud
    Yeh there was that but everyone pitched in to get the bikes out

The Kiwi is what you make of it.
    Generally I lead a few of us down HoraHora Rd - Old Taupo Road (lovely piece of road that) then round the back of the mountain to a late Lunch at the Railway Station Cafe at National park ( nice food, nice spot, undercover parking) We buy meals at the Kiwi, Sat Breaky and night Meal and then Eggs Benedict breaky back at the station cafe. Ride home through Otorohanga and up the back of the river till we hit Hwy one at Rangariri.

Friday is always the best band and most pissed night (and my head told me I overdid it, Awesome night!), Events on Sat and than more of a round the camp fire night sat night. Thats generally our Kiwi or the Kiwi.

Best fucken weekend you can have if your man enough!
    Bit colder and the Mud was a pain this year but the Kiwi isnt for latte drinking Sunday riders, its for bikers!!
    Although the shit people are trailering in, is a sad sight at least the long road in at the last site prevented that.
    How the fuck they can enjoy the ride down with all the shit they take beggers belief??
    MAX, Cold Kiwi kit, What your wearing incl thermals under, Good Sleeping bag, tent, bed roll, LED head torch, Fire starters, thats it!!
    My kit doesnt come above sissy bar height.
    Ride, Drink, Talk bullshit and laugh!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2036.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	832.1 KB 
ID:	315662

The old site was better I reckon, Especially the hill climb, but the club cant be blamed for the greedy pricks wanting to much money.
    This year my only minor grip was a lot less fire wood delivered round, other than that A+

NO Poopoo tickets, bikes gonna take more then one clean to get it right, but you always remember the Kiwi for its challenges. Couple years ago, the snow, last year new site, this year was mud (because the farmer re grassed to close to the event)

Fucken good Cold Kiwi again Spyda and the Club!!

Quote of the Cold Kiwi - Sausage Grab - "You cant spit it out, its a sign of disrespect" LMAO

One of my most enjoyable, let loose, weekends every year!! Bring on 2016

Costume of the event

Name:	IMG_2039.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	663.7 KB 
ID:	315663

Hill climb

Name:	Cold Kiwi009.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	315664

Sausage Grab

Name:	Cold Kiwi022.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	315665
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Yeh there was that but everyone pitched in to get the bikes out

The Kiwi is what you make of it.
    Generally I lead a few of us down HoraHora Rd - Old Taupo Road (lovely piece of road that) then round the back of the mountain to a late Lunch at the Railway Station Cafe at National park ( nice food, nice spot, undercover parking) We buy meals at the Kiwi, Sat Breaky and night Meal and then Eggs Benedict breaky back at the station cafe. Ride home through Otorohanga and up the back of the river till we hit Hwy one at Rangariri.

Friday is always the best band and most pissed night (and my head told me I overdid it, Awesome night!), Events on Sat and than more of a round the camp fire night sat night. Thats generally our Kiwi or the Kiwi.

Best fucken weekend you can have if your man enough!
    Bit colder and the Mud was a pain this year but the Kiwi isnt for latte drinking Sunday riders, its for bikers!!
    Although the shit people are trailering in, is a sad sight at least the long road in at the last site prevented that.
    How the fuck they can enjoy the ride down with all the shit they take beggers belief??
    MAX, Cold Kiwi kit, What your wearing incl thermals under, Good Sleeping bag, tent, bed roll, LED head torch, Fire starters, thats it!!
    My kit doesnt come above sissy bar height.
    Ride, Drink, Talk bullshit and laugh!

The old site was better I reckon, Especially the hill climb, but the club cant be blamed for the greedy pricks wanting to much money.
    This year my only minor grip was a lot less fire wood delivered round, other than that A+

NO Poopoo tickets, bikes gonna take more then one clean to get it right, but you always remember the Kiwi for its challenges. Couple years ago, the snow, last year new site, this year was mud (because the farmer re grassed to close to the event)

Fucken good Cold Kiwi again Spyda and the Club!!

Quote of the Cold Kiwi - Sausage Grab - "You cant spit it out, its a sign of disrespect" LMAO

One of my most enjoyable, let loose, weekends every year!! Bring on 2016

Costume of the event
    Like i said....fucken mud.

nothing manly about getting your roadbike covered in mud.

fuck the mud

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Mud Mud glorious mud

No dramas about the mud for me, no help required....... Actually I think it must be time to clean mine, Muckoff to the rescue, well when I get time, Probably after the bikers in blue ride

I do have one gripe though..... the hot water for the tea and coffee was not hot enough

Thread Information